sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 WHAT ON EARTH?? - Toronto "DRINKING SONG"

[The following is confirmed as being put out by Richard and
Kathryn Riss of the Toronto/'River' revival. They suggest people
use it to get "drunk in the spirit" - NO JOKE!!]

"If you feel too serious and kind of blue,
I've got a suggestion, just the thing for you!
It's a little unconventional, but so much fun,
That you won't even mind when people think you're dumb!
Just come to the party God is throwing right now,
We can all lighten up and show the pagans how
Christians have more fun and keep everyone guessing,
Since the Holy Ghost sent us the Toronto Blessing!
I used to think life was serious stuff
I wouldn't dare cry, and I acted kind of tough
Until God's Spirit put laughter in my soul,
Now the Holy Ghost's got me, and I'm out of control!
Now I'm just a party animal grazing at God's trough,
I'm a Jesus Junkie and I can't get enough!
I'm an alcoholic for that great New Wine,
'Cause the Holy Ghost is pouring, and I'm drinking all the time!
I just laugh like an idiot and bark like a dog,
If I don't sober up, I'll likely hop like a frog!
I'll crow like a rooster at the break of day,
'Cause the Holy Ghost is moving, and I can't stay away!
I'll roar like a lioness who's on the prowl,
I'll laugh and shake, maybe hoot like an owl!
Since God's holy river started bubbling in me,
It spills outside, and now it's setting me free!
So, I'll crunch and I'll dip and I'll dance round and round,
The pew was fine, but it's more fun on the ground!
So I'll jump like a pogo stick, then fall to the floor,
'Cause the Holy Ghost is moving, and I just want MORE!"

Try singing this one to the tune of How Great thou Art or The Old Rugged Cross Folks. We have certainly come a long way in this enlightened age of deception, false prophets and revival movements. The Author Kathryn Riss, wife of self proclaimed revivalist historian Richard Riss claims the lyrics were given to her by the Lord Jesus Christ. Believe or Not.

2006/10/26 16:40Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: WHAT ON EARTH?? - Toronto "DRINKING SONG"

Andrew Strom from www.revivalschool.com confirms this because he got a email from the author of the song below:

Quote:
I am just gob-smacked by Kathryn Riss's "Drinking Song".
Words completely fail me.

Check out their own comments on the whole thing below:
-----------------------------------
EMAIL FROM:

Richard M. Riss

[KATHRYN WRITING]:

Dear New Winos:

I am not a songwriter, neither the son of a songwriter, but the Lord gave me a "New Winos Drinking Song Number One". You can sing it to the tune of "Tis the Gift to be Simple" or "When the Roll is Called Up Yonder".

See if it makes you as drunk as it makes me!
It goes like this:

If you feel too serious and kind of blue,
I've got a suggestion, just the thing for you!
It's a little unconventional, but so much fun,
That you won't even mind when people think you're dumb!

Just come to the party God is throwing right now,
We can all lighten up and show the pagans how
Christians have more fun and keep everyone guessing,
Since the Holy Ghost sent us the Toronto blessing!

I used to think life was serious stuff;
I didn't dare cry, so I acted kind of tough
'Til the Spirit of God put laughter in my soul,
Now the Holy Ghost's got me, and I'm out of control!

CHORUS:

Now I'm just a party animal grazing at God's trough,
I'm a Jesus junkie, and I can't get enough!
I'm an alcoholic for that great New Wine,
'Cause the Holy Ghost is pouring, and I'm drinking all the time!

Now I laugh like an idiot and bark like a dog,
If I don't sober up, I'll likely hop like a frog!
And I'll crow like a rooster 'til the break of day,
'Cause the Holy Ghost is moving, and I can't stay away!

Now I roar like a lioness who's on the prowl,
I laugh and I shake, maybe hoot like an owl!
Since God's holy river started bubbling up in me,
It spills outside, and it's setting me free!

So, I'll crunch and I'll dip and I'll dance round and round,
'Cause the pew was fine, but it's more fun on the ground!
So I'll jump like a pogo stick, then fall on the floor,
'Cause the Holy Ghost is moving, and I just want MORE!

Love, Kathryn Riss

Dear New Winos:

Re: the "New Winos Drinking Song Number One":

The Lord gave me a better tune for it. It's a variation on "When the Roll is Called Up Yonder." The "Jesus Junkie" verse turns out to be the chorus, so just sing it in between the other verses....
Everybody sing it as much as you want and get as drunk as you can! Just thinking about it gives me holy laughter. I taught the Jesus Junkie verse (it was all I could get out from laughing so hard) to our little prayer group last night, and they all got pretty sloshed, for Presbyterians. Especially since the guy who was supposed to bring his guitar came late, without it, so the only other music we sang all evening was "Happy Birthday to You." A capella.

Pass it on to as many other New Winos as you want.

I think any other Drinking Songs the Lord gives us should be handled the same way. Okay?

Blessings!
Kathryn Riss
[email protected]
--------------------------

I am speechless!

-Andrew Strom.

It is amazing to see so many people still believing this is the true apostolic spirit working amongst them. What deception.

2006/10/26 16:42Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

If this is supposed to be a joke it's a sick one.

The fear of God has left these people and the spirit of deception is rampant in their hearts.

The church has virtually degenerated to the point of making God vomit (Rev 3v16).

To be honest, I don't know what to say. I'll leave it at that.

God bless.

2006/10/26 17:04Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

"BE ASTONISHED, O YE HEAVENS, AT THIS, AND BE HORRIBLY AFRAID...

For my people have committed two evils; they have [b]forsaken me[/b] the fountain of living waters, and [b]hewn them out cisterns[/b], broken cisterns, that can hold no water."
-Jeremiah 2:12-13

"Thine own wickedness shall correct thee, and thy backslidings shall reporive thee: know therefore and see that it is an evil thing and bitter, that thou hast forsaken the Lord thy God, and [b]that my fear is not in thee.[/b] saith the Lord God of hosts."
-Jeremiah 2:19

It would be worthwhile to listen to this timely sermon by Tozer to test these new doctrines and experiences to whether they are from God or not:

[b]Spiritual Treason[/b]
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=13569

2006/10/26 17:14Profile
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re:

Perhaps we should consider removing this song posting all together... I think the Lord would have us not to even look upon such wickedness (Psalm 101:3)

Perhaps leave the link to the Tozer sermon...?

2006/10/26 18:03Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

I think it is profitable to the fact to show that this movement has gone into excesses that need to be addressed by the body of Christ. Over 25% of Christianity is "charismatic" now and much of this part of Christian believers are influnced by the latest things spoken about by these musicans and prophets from Toronto and other "hotspots" around the world.

It is clear to see the deviation when posting something like this and it should be the heart concern of many Christians to see a correction and guidance given to these brothers and sisters that are going astray and from the truth.

Yes, I do believe God is grieved over much of the excess and exubrance being displayed that is apart from Scripture. But I know that some in these movements are earnest seekers but have been "captured" into this degrading "wave of God". May God bring many out of this to seek holiness, truth, to seek the OLD PATHS.

2006/10/26 19:11Profile
Dougmore

Re: WHAT ON EARTH?? - Toronto "DRINKING SONG"

Were is the fear?

None to be seen.

Why? They are all drunk! that's why. These people are not believers. They trash Jehovah and are a disgrace running about as the holy people of God.

Wolves! I can't even believe such a song. Is it on the radio? I'm sure its number one considering how apostate this modern church is.

They do err, not knowing the scriptures nor the power of God.

Is this the same movement that claims if you can run on top of the seats up to the top and back down your saved?

In Christ bro Doug

2006/10/26 19:17Profile
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
I think it is profitable to the fact to show that this movement has gone into excesses that need to be addressed by the body of Christ.

Point taken brother.

2006/10/26 20:01Profile
Compton

Re:

Here's a new one...

Quote:
New Winos

Goodness.

How ironic, that some of the same wholesome ingredients that make fresh nourishing bread can be used to make intoxicating beer. In this way these people missuse scriptures.

MC

2006/10/26 21:45Profile

Greg

it was good to post it. They've definitely gone off the rails big time up there.

When I think of OLD PATHS, I think of the Church at Antioch, when we called it The Way, before the romans got a hold of the Faith and started talking about "Chrestus"...those old paths that led up into Derbe and Lystra, pre-constantine, where all believers had all things in common, those were great days, what do we got today?

You got spiritual children barking like dogs, you have 300 different denominations, you got some guy Joseph Smith who wrote a book of mormon, you got another guy who sits in rome and calls himself the little christ, who heads up a bunch of other guys who molest children while pounding down cheap wine they think is the literal blood of Christ, you've got the episcopal's, presbyterian's, and united methodists who think it honors God to let homosexual serve as minsters, you've got Lutherans, Baptists, AME's, Quakers, Mennonites Anabaptists...etc etc etc etc ....have we had enough?

brother, as God is my witness, I'm not praying for revival, I'm praying for persecution, real persecution, not just the impotent whining you see from college students and drunks when these open air preachers do their thing. That aint persecution....you know what persecution is?

To have a 1,000 scared followers of Jesus, with kids in tow, and Bibles in hand standing before 10 Bradley fighting vehicles, 37 mm cannons aimed at this crowd, and a loudspeaker telling all these people to put their Bibles on the ground and urinate on them, and if they ALL don't do that, everybodies gonna get blown away. Thats persecution.

When they make Bible possession illegal, and they make this Most Holy Faith illegal to the point of DEATH, watch the revival that comes.

look at the house Church in China, what is it, 100 million strong? You think they're engaging in this childish frivolity over there? They probably got one dog eared scuffed up Bible to share among 30, 40 people, and a senior pastor with broken legs languishng in some Chinese jailcell, while his junior pastor conducts service awaiting his turn to suffer for Christ.

and you know what aggravates me the worst? here you have believers screaming at walmart coz walmart endorsed some freaky homosexual PAC or whatever, when 98% of the cheap junk sold at walmart has "made in China" stamped on it, I'm as guilty as the rest of us, everything in this apt has "made in china" stamped on it.

I don't know the economy of Heaven, to wit, does a believer get made into an angel? If so, Dear Lord, let me be an avenging angel , and I'll do to those godless commie Chinese leaders what you did to Herod, when he didnt give You praise, I'll pull their intestines out thru their noses for what they did to your church in struggling China.

I'm sorry brother...off on a tangent.

In my humble opinion, first the persecution, then the revival....empty the bellies and empty the wallets and then people will realize their dependency on God.

bartle

2006/10/27 2:50

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy