SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Ray Comfort on Joyce Meyer

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Yes Greg, I appreciate your observation. Yes, sometime God may use the "exception" to accomplish a goal. However He does not want it to become the "rule".

agreed.

2006/10/30 15:18Profile
kdbutton

Re:

Quote:
I have heard a few women comment that she even acts and sounds masculine in her delivery.

John, I'm not sure what the men are like from your neck of the woods but if people are comparing JM to them then you have more to worry about than whether or not JM is out from under the authority of her husband and pastor. :-?

2006/10/30 16:38Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: Challenged to enlargement

Quote:
...have you considered?

Brother Mike, I appreciate your heart. Thank you brother.

2006/10/30 17:23Profile
roadsign

Re: to John

Quote:
I still greatly appreciate humble ministries of christian women.

Hi, John, I appreciate your honest comments, and I’m sure that if we continued to work through all the surface “stuff’ we’d come to a mutual burden: the need for both men and women to humbly turn to God, and seek to live the New Life which Christ has offered us by his shed blood.

There is no disputing the fact that godly order has been practically destroyed. The god-given female role of rearing and nurturing children and providing a stable home seems to be wiped out of our social fabric. And so many of our males are simply unable to provide the leadesrship in the homes that is so desparately needed.

It's only going to get worse. I could go on and on, but you already know. And I don’t see any way that we can fix it. Any attempts to restore some semblance of proper relationships would be about as useful as putting a bandaid on cancer.

So what then?

Frankly, I’ve come to be grateful for any signs of Life. Just like water flows to the lowest points, God seems to move to the lowest spots – where there are humble servants. There's not exactly a lot to pick from.

In a neighboring town there is an evangelical church led by a female pastor. Occasionally I go there. I can say with all my heart that God is doing some good things there. And I hate to admit it, but it seems to be doing better than it was during past leaderships. I think that right now there is a good body of elders there, and other good aspects.

Is it God’s ideal church? Far from it ... for may reasons...

But God...

Diane

2006/10/30 21:03Profile

Re:

kdbutton, no one is comparing her to "men around here." Thats not the point.
Anyhow I will be offline for a few days.
However I think for now I have said enough on this issue.
God bless, John

2006/10/31 3:30

Re:

Dorcas and Diane, Thank you for your gracious responses.
God bless, John

2006/10/31 3:43
kdbutton

Re:

Quote:
kdbutton, no one is comparing her to "men around here." Thats not the point.

John, I was trying to bring a little humor into this , sorry you missed my point. I appreciate your service to us. Rejoice, God is sovereign, that should make us all smile! kdb

2006/10/31 6:23Profile

Re:

Quote:

sermonindex wrote:
Quote:
but judge righteous judgment

Joyce Meyer took many into Rwanda and visited [b]every[/b] jail in the country that holds over 70,000 inmates mostly from the genocide's that happened in 100 days were 1 million people were killed mostly with axes, knifes and clubs.

After ministering to the 70,000 for 4 days 14,000 comitted their lifes to Christ.

Hearing from a minister that is in Rwanda (pentecostal) preaching the word of God in truth, he states that the country has never been so impacted by Joyce Meyer's ministry coming there.

Now brothers and sisters, I desire to see true apostolic Christianity amongst the masses but we have to rejoice and understand that God's will is being done through many means and ways. God used Joyce Meyer's ministry to touch Rwanda! did we go? no.

It is very easy to defend the faith and jump on every heresy but Christ did not die so we could defend him. He died so people could LIVE! and proclaim forgiveness and freedom from Sin through the Cross and Ressurection.

E. M. Bounds in his book "Power through Prayer" has written...

[b]"We are constantly on a stretch, if not a strain to devise new methods, new plans,new organizations to advance the Church and secure enlargement and efficiency for the Gospel. This trend of the day has a tendency to lose sight of the man or sink the man in the plan or organization.

God's plan is to make much of the man, far more of him than anything else. Men are God's method. The Church is looking for better methods; God is looking for better men.

"The Holy Ghost does not flow through methods, but through men. He does not come on machinery, but on men. He does not anoint plans, but men––men of prayer. . ."[/b]

A litle something to think about when considering our "ways and means" of bringing Jesus Christ to the world. An angel of light can slide in very easily on a motive that seems right in the eyes of man. Discernment, anyone?

Orm

2006/10/31 6:25

Re:kdbutton

kdbutton, Sorry that I didn't catch the humor. Your smiley that you chose and what you said conveyed a little different meaning to me. No harm done.

God bless, John

2006/10/31 6:54

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy