SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Ray Comfort on Joyce Meyer

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 Next Page )
PosterThread
sonofadam777

Rochester, New York

Ray Comfort on Joyce Meyer

Did anyone watch the episode with Ray Comfort on Joyce Meyer's TV program?

Here is the link to watch online.

[url=http://www.joycemeyer.org/OurMinistries/Broadcast/TV/Archive/20061027.htm]Ray Comfort on Joyce Meyer[/url]

2006/10/26 11:21Profile
boomatt

fredericksburg, Virginia

Re: Ray Comfort on Joyce Meyer

WHAT!!!

Are you kidding? Great Witness Ray.

2006/10/26 11:49Profile

Re: Ray Comfort on Joyce Meyer

I like Ray Comfort, and have learned a lot from him concerning effective evangelism, and have integrated a lot of his techniques into my own personal evangelism.

However, it is sad and discomforting (excuse the pun) to see how someone who knows so much about scripture completely ignore it at the same time.

[b]Rom 16:17[/b] [i]Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; [b]and avoid them[/b].[/i]

Joyce Meyers is a false teacher. She is one of the major teachers of the Word Of Faith movement, which is a false health and wealth doctrine. Does Ray mark her? Apparently not. Going on her show only lends an air of acceptance of Joyce Meyers. Does he avoid her? Obviously not.

Joyce Meyers claims that God called her to be a pastor and evangelist. I've heard her say it on a number of occasions. Yet, God's Word says the following:

[b]1Ti 2:11-12[/b] [i]Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman [b]to teach[/b], nor [b]to usurp authority over the man[/b], but to be in silence.[/i]

Obviously this passage is being totally and completely ignored and disobeyed by Joyce Meyers.

Y'all can get mad at me if you wish... but Joyce Meyers is a rebellious woman who teaches grossly false teachings. She is to be marked and avoided just as Romans 16:17 says.

Ray Comfort appearing on her show indicates that he believes she is a credible minister of the gospel when God's Word couldnt be any more clear that she is not.

Krispy

2006/10/26 11:58
Logic

Re:

I think Ray just wants to get the truth out no matter what. He is on TBN, & we all know about that network.

2006/10/26 12:12Profile
KindGottes

Tulsa, Oklahoma

Re:

Hi Krispy,

I totally agree with you on your opinion about Joyce Meyer and her ministry.
I also have learned alot from Ray Comfort and I´m disappointed that he showed up on her show. I felt the same way when Franklin Graham once appeared on TBN.

In Christ,
Bea

2006/10/26 12:53Profile
Christisking

Los Angeles, California

Re:

Quote:
I like Ray Comfort, and have learned a lot from him concerning effective evangelism, and have integrated a lot of his techniques into my own personal evangelism.

However, it is sad and discomforting (excuse the pun) to see how someone who knows so much about scripture completely ignore it at the same time.

Rom 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

Joyce Meyers is a false teacher. She is one of the major teachers of the Word Of Faith movement, which is a false health and wealth doctrine. Does Ray mark her? Apparently not. Going on her show only lends an air of acceptance of Joyce Meyers. Does he avoid her? Obviously not.

I agree Krispy, I also like and appreciate Ray, but this has severely tarnished his name. Ray speaks of evangelism, but does he realize and speak the fact that this womans false message has helped the devil damn countless untold souls to hell? Did he confront her on the issue that her false message is helping Satan damn souls to hell? NO! To teach this woman to use the law to show sinners their sinful state and produce guilt is counter productive. Don't be surprised if she starts preaching the law in her conferences and instead of leading the convicted souls to Jesus, she leads them straight to her false gospel and Word Faith teaching.

Ray can use the Scripture to show sinners their state, but can't use Scripture to expose a false teacher and coworker of Satan? This seems to me to be nothing less then double mindedness and hypocrisy.

Do you think Jesus or Paul or Stephen or Peter or John or Isaiah or Jeremiah or Amos etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. would have gone on the Joyce Meyers show to talk about evangelism like Ray? What do you think these men who the Scriptures lay down as our example would have done on the Joyce Meyers show?

2006/10/26 12:53Profile

Re:

Quote:
1Ti 2:11-12 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection. But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

I can understand many hold the view that women are not allowed to teach, i think many will disagree on this until the Lord returns. But Evangelism? Really do you think women are not allowed to evangelise? I may have mis read it in that case i apologise.
Rays ministry sells a basic training course which i teach (or you could say they teach it and i hold the class ;-) ) Where does that leave me???
Quote:
Y'all can get mad at me if you wish

No Way!!! I thank God for you Krispy :-)

2006/10/26 12:58
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

You can download the podcast video of the show here (right click and choose "save target as"):
http://media4.joycemeyer.org/podcast/tv/october/102706_video.mp4

[img]http://www.joycemeyer.org/NR/rdonlyres/BA1584F0-9DED-406E-AFA7-CFD95106BDBA/0/rcomfort2.jpg[/img]
[b]Ray Comfort[/b] is one of the most influential evangelists of our time. He has written more than fifty books and ministered to thousands of pastors and people in churches from almost every denomination. He also cohosts the television/radio show, Way of the Master, with Kirk Cameron.

Ray Comfort's ministry [b]is[/b] evangelism and he is wishing to get that message out to all Christians, I don't think that being on that show is utter comprimise but it will offend some. I am of a more mature mind to see that there is good fruit being accomplished over this, I praise God the gospel is being preached.

But also I respect some of the opinions expressed in this thread and perhaps at times we would wish that those men that have the truth would stand for it apart from those that misuse it. Oh how we need a John the Baptist to set us straight.

2006/10/26 12:59Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Actually after watching this, joyce really does not give Ray Comfort the ample time to share his heart.

Perhaps in contrast hear the SermonIndex audio interview of Ray Comfort:

[b]SI Interview of Ray Comfort[/b]
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=5050

2006/10/26 13:13Profile
Christisking

Los Angeles, California

Re:

Quote:
I don't think that being on that show is utter comprimise

I agree - being on the show is not utter compromise, but being on the show and not standing up for truth is (in my opinion)utter and complete compromise. To we sit openly and publicly with enemies of the cross and co-workers of Satan and pretend to be in agreement with them?

Again I pose the question for reflection - Do you think Jesus or Paul or Stephen or Peter or John or Isaiah or Jeremiah or Amos etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. would have gone on the Joyce Meyers show to talk about evangelism like Ray? What do you think these men who the Scriptures lay down as our example would have done on the Joyce Meyers show?

Wasn't Stephen and evangelist? And Paul and Peter and John all evangelists?

2006/10/26 13:14Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy