Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Restoration

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
Clutch

Oak Ridge, Tennessee

Re:

"11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

(* THESE ARE JOB DESCRIPTIONS, NOT OFFICES OF CHURCH HEIRARCHY! says clutch)

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:
16 From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love."
Clutch :-)

2004/2/8 13:49Profile
Clutch

Oak Ridge, Tennessee

Re:

I'm sorry Ron,
I completely forgot about the curse of pedantry in your life.
The scripture in my previous post is found in Ephesians Chapter 4. Ephesians is in the New Testament page number 1253 in my/your Old Scofield. :-D
Clutch :-P

2004/2/8 14:05Profile
moreofHim

Re:

Last night I couldn't sleep, my heart was racing, I felt I was about to burst. The Holy Spirit was so strong on me. All of these words and sayings were coming to me. I wrote them down as best I could.

"Complacency!" "We must learn to trust not in our own feelings- but in Him" Are we willing to say "I am weak, I am poor, I am broken?" Are we willing to say that we need to be restored. Or are we willing to accept everything as the norm?

"To say we are fine, we have no need to change, - this is the sin of the Laodicean church."

(Some are saying that I am being critical and to look at the glass 1/2 full instead of the glass 1/2 empty) I cannot look at it through the eyes of pop psychology- only through the eyes of Christ.

"We are naked, we are poor, we are destitute, we are forlorn. How can I not preach the nakedness of the churches? It is in me to my very bone. It flows through my blood."

"There must be something done! We must get off these couches!"

Then someone was handing a building over to me- I guess to be used for ministry or something. It was a huge old brick building (like an old victorian home almost) you could tell that once it had been beautiful but that it needed alot of work (restoring). I prayed "God, Where do I even begin?"

Then the last thing that came to me was :"A.B. Simpson is someone to look to. His fire."

So I am looking up A.B. Simpson now. He also had "restorational" views- which the Lord has been trying to tell me about. Restoring the church back to new testament church.

Anyone have anything to add about A.B. Simpson?

Broken again, Chanin

2004/2/23 5:02Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Hi Chanin.

Here is a short forward from one of his books:

[i]"“A Larger Christian Life, “here carefully updated for contemporary readers, is more than devotional material from another generation. It is a philosophic statement from one of the most influential people ever to serve Jesus Christ.

It is the best of Albert B. Simpson’s more than 100 books.

A century ago, no one asked, “Who is A.B. Simpson?” He was as well known as Dwight L. Moody, Andrew Murray or C.I. Scofield-contemporaries who, like him, shaped today’s evangelical Protestant church.

Not only was Simpson a sought-after preacher, he was a visionary and an innovator. Scores of North American Bible colleges trace their roots to his Missionary Training Institute (now Nyack College). The popular missionary convention, adopted by so many churches, originated with Simpson. He began the first illustrated missionary magazine on the North American continent—forerunner of Alliance Life”.

Simpson also founded The Christian and Missionary Alliance. In its first century, the denomination planted 13,000 churches internationally. It continues to be on the cutting edge of church growth, both in North America and overseas.

A Larger Christian Life “is the transforming secret behind Simpson’s remarkable achievements. It is also a transferable “ secret he gladly shares with all God’s people—including you!"[/i]

2004/2/23 9:07Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy