Access over 100,000+ Sermons from Ancient to Modern
See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Pray for my future and job

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Pray for my future and job

For the past few months now I have been getting really depressed and down!!
I have been working through the bible on cd and have been trying to get it out to as many people as possible!!
I have also been wondering whether god has been calling me into ministry or not?

I have been getting so down that I have not even been able to put two thoughts together.I wish that the Lord would sometime relieve me of this. There are sometimes when i cannot even move!! I want to pray and confess to someone all my sin in my life. I have been doing this with Keith. Can you pray that I trust people more and that I do not go astray!! I feel so stuck sometimes that I think god is the only one who can pull me out!!

I have been out of work for ages and have been working in the christian bookshop!!! I have also been wanting to work with the homeless!!
it is so annoying when there is so many people that need help and prayer and you do not have the money nor the resources to do anything!!!

As a volenteer and I have been wanting to go to India and help set up a prayer room.
I have also been getting tracks but have not had the boldness to preach on the street!! I have not had the boldness to do anything!!
I have been getting the series of Faith by barbour books so I can encourage my fellow church members and still need to burn some of the sermons here!!
I have been also trying to get complete audio bibles to members in our church but have not had the finances I do not want people to give there precious funds that they have but to be like George Muller who did not ask a dime of noone that is why I want to work!!

Are Prayer Group has been growing but I so want the prayer group to grow more and outnumber the people who go to church!!

We have also had alot of members come to our friday night group which has been getting homeless people and is too small for the flat that it is now in!!

Pray for the heroin addicts and travelers, Mary Jane, Jimmy Ward and Danny and Paul who is a guy going to prison.
Our church seems to be litured with Alcholics pray that mroe people liek that will come in!!

God bless you

DOm

2006/10/16 9:26Profile
HeartSong

Re: Pray for my future and job

Dearest DOm,
Your life sounds like a whirlwind! I have a thought as to what your problem might be.
Try to picture this:
There is one, and only one throne. And there can only be one person on the throne at a time. We get to decide who will be on the throne - and that is either ourself or God. And God, being the awesome God that He is, will not share the throne with us - if we put ourself on the throne, He will let us try to run things ourselves. When I first saw this (A.W. Tozer explains it in his book "The Knowledge of the Holy"), all kinds of things started to make sense. I don't know about you, but anytime I try to do anything in my own strength it turns out badly. One way to test if we have put ourself on the throne is to listen for "I want..." "I will..." "I have...." It must be God's will that we seek - not our own.

Philippians 4:13
I can do all things [u]through[/u] Christ which strengtheneth me.

In His Love,
Laura

2006/10/17 1:45Profile
KindGottes

Tulsa, Oklahoma

Dear DOm,

I think it is great that you try so hard to get tracts and cd´s out there. But maybe you shouldn´t try so hard yourself, maybe you should just let the Lord lead you in what to do and where to go. Sometimes we feel like we would like to do something for God, but it really isn´t the Lord who has put it in our hearts.

Quote:

Can you pray that I trust people more and that I do not go astray!!

See, we are supposed to trust in the Lord, not in people. Of course it is right to get advice from sincere, born-again believers. But we must be sure that these people that are giving us advice are walking close to the Lord, too. Of course I don´t know if this is your case or why you want us to pray that you trust people more, but this is what came to my mind.

Proverbs 3:5-6 says:

"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths."

When you let go of everything that worries you and give it over to the Lord, I know He will lift you up and give you peace.

I will pray for you!

In Christ

Bea

2006/10/17 5:03Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Bea, you have a wonderful way with words! Thank you for claifying what I was struggling to say.

DOm, I will pray for you also.
I found this article by R.A. Torrey "How God Guides". It was helpful for me, maybe it will be for you also.
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/articles/index.php?view=article&aid=2003

2006/10/18 1:49Profile
lovegrace

Before I comment on what you said Dom. Let me tell you that, I know EXACTUALLY what your going through, it was about 2 years of that for me in my life with the Lord. (The last 2 years)

Quote:
I have been getting so down that I have not even been able to put two thoughts together.I wish that the Lord would sometime relieve me of this.

To be honest. Ministry is your everyday life. That where true Revival dwells. When your serving your bossman/bosswomen. When your loving your family. Keeping God first. Helping people randomly throughout the day. Etc. Etc. That would be a true revival if all that claimed themselves as 'Christians' would do just that.

Quote:
I have been out of work for ages and have been working in the christian bookshop!!! I have also been wanting to work with the homeless!!

I don't know if you've read Barna. But today's "Christians" need the REAL Jesus, not this false stuff that is feed in churches today. So, to me it sounds like ministry to me.

Quote:
it is so annoying when there is so many people that need help and prayer and you do not have the money nor the resources to do anything!!!

One great ministry of God exposed this sin in my heart. He said, "Sometimes when we rush to do ministry. We are saying "If I don't, You (God) won't." And thats the root of it all"".

Don't strive to do God's work.

Is. 55:11-12 (NASB)

11 So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth;
It will not return to Me empty,
Without accomplishing what I desire,
And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it.
12 [u]"For you will go out with joy[/u]
[b]And be led forth with peace;[/b]
The mountains and the hills will break forth into shouts of joy before you,
And all the trees of the field will clap their hands.

Striving, just as you are, and I was (still do from time to time), isn't God's will. Be led forth WITH PEACE. God's peace. God is soverign. God wants YOU more than He wants the world. His first priority is YOU. Not the world.

The greatest commandment was LOVE GOD. Not great commission. LOVE GOD, brother! God is aching for your face to show up at His throne.

Quote:
I have also been getting tracks but have not had the boldness to preach on the street!! I have not had the boldness to do anything!!

This again goes back to the quote above. "If I won't, God won't."

Brother, your self-worth isn't in ministry, it's in God. Your a child of God, the son of the Most High, prince of the King of Kings, brother to the Creator of the Universe. And many others.

I honestly suggest you give up ministry. And any thought of it. Because, to me, it seems like the same situation I went through where ministry has become an 'idol'. Doing God's work has taken it's place above God. So, let go of ministry and give your whole heart and life TO GOD and HIM ALONE. Bringing friends along the way.

I suggest you watch this, even if you've seen it 1000 times.

http://www.fathersloveletter.com/fllpreviewlarge.html

I pray that God will touch your heart.

2006/10/18 20:05Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy