SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Halloween!! The worst time of the year !!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
Halloween: I've decided not to hide in my basement with my lights out while the wee ones come knocking on my door. I'm gonna treat them all to a big fat juicy apple and a sticker, a big smile, and some conversation. Demons go a way, because I love the kids in my village - they are precious in HIS sight.

Amen...!! That is how we should respond to Halloween!

Think of it this way... the mission field is coming right to your door! It's better than the JW's or Mormons! Instead of burying your heads under your couch cushions, be a light in the darkness!

Krispy

2006/10/16 15:17
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

I have always used it to give out tracks or tried to !! As so many kids are on the street!!!
but I hate the festival if you understand anything about its history!!
It took me along time to persuade even some christians not to dress up for halloween.
Some kids use wegi boards.
The devil is prowling around 365 days a year!! but on this day of the year it is open and in the street and in your face.
I want to glorify the Lords name on this day.
This day does need alot of prayer as kids get into alot of witchcraft!!
God help us
Dom

2006/10/16 15:28Profile

Re:

Well... I live back in the woods. We [i]might[/i] get one trick-or-treater. I'm not planning to do anything different that evening than any other evening. We're taking the kids to a homeschool harvest party that our county homeschool association is having on that Saturday... and it's not a dress up thing. Just activities and a nice cookout style dinner... hotdogs etc.

Krispy

2006/10/16 15:47
MSeaman

Michigan

Re:

Quote:

enid wrote:
Besides, what I have done in the past is if anyone comes to my door trick or treating, I just give them a tract.

Let them figure out if it's a trick or a treat!

God bless.

[size=x-small][color=003300] I know you weren't joking, but I loved the way you said it. That is a great idea! I want to give out tracts and candy this year at my church which is on the main street in town. No one will come to my house as we are in the country. My son will be dressing up as Bibleman this year at his school party. His idea, not mine...I love it. I hope he can deal with the teasing his friends will give him. My husband and I are on opposite sides of this issue. I don't like to do halloween, but he's like, oh its just fun for kids...I have put my foot down about what kinds of costumes the children wear and they are not allowed to trick or treat. anyone else have this issue? [/color][/size]

2006/10/16 16:03Profile
mamaluk

Re:

bartle

Quote:
Thanksgiving: thankful to God for all that He has given us, His redeeming Blood, and generous provision, oh to eat, and eat heartily. Praise God that my dear son is flying in ON Thanksgiving!! can't wait...and you know why the lad is flying ON the day? coz he wants the perfect attendance award, doesnt want to miss ONE day of school! I love that spirit, the boy wants me to make duck this year...ok, I will.

Kids dont like to miss school are more likely to succeed in life.
(consider getting a duck from chinatown if you dont want to deal with all that grease especially if you live in chicago):}

Quote:
"harvest parties?" God bless the churches that engage in such an outreach, but i dont feel anykind of leading this way. My church in Cali would do a "harvest party" and I would work it, just to be in submission to pastor Ted, and they would do it as an outreach, but something in my heart just felt ........I dunno....lets put it this way, I wasnt DRAWN to such a ministry.

very much the same sentiment here..

2006/10/16 21:57Profile

mamaluk-sound advice

and thank you for the encouragement regarding my dear boy, May the Lord protect him today. I miss him so bad, it hurts, deeply.

Thats the advice his mother in California gave to me, get the duck from Chinatown. so your the second person thats told me that, (maybe the third, sometimes my elevator doesnt go to the top floor when I hit "penthouse"...lol)

I'll take it as a word of Godly advice, and that day I will pray for you and your family also.

two ducks...why not? just splurge.

God bless you is my prayer,
bartle in chicago

2006/10/17 11:36
mamaluk

Re: mamaluk-sound advice

yep, that's probably the soundest advice I'd ever given to anyone my entire life ! :-P them delicious crispy ducks !!

2006/10/17 11:52Profile

Re:

Quote:
yep, that's probably the soundest advice I'd ever given to anyone my entire life ! them delicious crispy ducks !!

Ummm... shouldnt that be... [b]krispy[/b] ducks??

LOL

Krispy

2006/10/17 13:02
mamaluk

Re:

LOL, I knew this would turn into a duck thread!

2006/10/17 13:06Profile

Re:

I'm just wondering if their is anyone here who has the problem of halloween in thier church other than mine? Our youth pastor dresses up as frankenstien and his wife dresses like Bat Woman and their not the only ones. It's really sick....

2008/9/12 16:11

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy