SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Shoppers want to pay with implanted chip in skin...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ccchhhrrriiisss

Shoppers want to pay with implanted chip in skin...

[b]Young shoppers want to pay with chip in skin[/b]
UK Daily Mail
[url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=409867&in_page_id=1770]Full Article and Comments[/url]

-

Some customers are willing to have microchip implants as a means of paying in stores, a report out today says.

Teenagers are more open to the idea of having a high-tech shopping experience, the Tomorrow's Shopping World report suggests.

Around 8 per cent of 13 to 19-year-olds were open to the idea of microchip implants while 16 per cent wanted trolleys to be fitted with SatNav systems.

This compared to just 5 per cent and 12 per cent respectively for adults asked the same questions. Two thirds of teenagers and 62 per cent of adults questioned for grocery think tank IGD's report wanted self-scanning systems at shop check-outs.

Some 7 per cent of people in both age groups were willing to use biometric iris or retina recognition payment systems.

On a more low-tech note, 61 per cent of adults and 57 per cent of teenagers wanted staff to pack their bags in shops.

And a "cashless society" is not expected to have materialised within the next decade.

The report says 39 per cent of teenage respondents and 30 per cent of adults said they would still be using cash in 10 year's time.

It adds: "The current and future progress of technology services in store is counter-balanced by the need for shopping with some form of 'human contact'."

One third of adults and 40 per cent of teenagers wanted lots of staff involvement with the shopping experience.

The report, sponsored by technology services company EDS, followed an IGD poll of 500 teenagers and a similar number of adults about their predicted grocery shopping habits for the next decade.

-

:-)

2006/10/11 16:27Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

Re: Shoppers want to pay with implanted chip in skin...

Is this a good thing?

2006/10/11 17:14Profile
Zealot

Colorado

Re:

Quote:

MSeaman wrote:
Is this a good thing?

No and Yes.

No because the book of Revelation talks about the mark of the beast,without which no-one will be able to buy or sell anything! Most scholars believe that we now have the technology to make that worldwide system, which would be microchips implanted in the skin. Read Revelation 13:16-17.

Yes, because Jesus is coming back soon! Hallelujah!

2006/10/11 17:32Profile
Dougmore

Re:

Hi brethren,

I get sick when I hear about this stuff but then remember that God is my strength. That takes a huge load off.

As for this technology I heard that some American has developed a micro chip implant that is hooked up to his nerves or something, but this chip feeds into the Internet and transmits a signal to a mechanical arm. When he moves his arm the robotic arm moves the same way.

As we move deeper into the end times this bizarre world of human/machines is going to increase, alarmingly fast.

Let us pray that we are counted worthy of escape!

In Christ, bro Doug

2006/10/11 18:49Profile

Re:

Just a few thoughts on this chip implant system.

I do not agree or believe that christians or anyone should get these chips implanted. However I guarantee that this will end up being an "in house debate". just like tattooing or other things of the sort.

I do not believe that the chip itself is the mark of the beast. However it will be used to inforce the mark. Thats just my opinion.

Christians will end up getting this chip over the next few years and then the debate will really be on about wether this is THE mark of the beast.

Also for a slightly interesting take on the man and machine thing read David Dolans end times novel "End of Days".
God bless, John

2006/10/12 0:49
HopeinChrist

Re:

Quote:
and then the debate will really be on about wether this is THE mark of the beast.

Will the mark come before the antichrist is on the scene?

2006/10/12 7:15Profile

Re:

And "he" commandeth all men everywhere to recieve a mark.... He commands it. So it will seal the fate of those who take it when he commands them to recieve it and they do. So my answer would be that it does not proceed his coming, however the ground work for it being more widely excepted will be laid prior to the command to recieve it.
God bless, John

2006/10/12 7:30
xMicahx

NC

Re:

To be the mark of the beast wouldn't they have to deny God in getting it? There is nothing in getting this chip as it is marketed now that requires them to turn against their God and follow someone else. But, yeah, this technology could be used. Every day is a day closer, watch and pray.

2006/10/12 8:48Profile
Zealot

Colorado

Re:

Quote:
I do not believe that the chip itself is the mark of the beast. However it will be used to inforce the mark. Thats just my opinion.

Mmmm. I would have to agree.
The groundwork is definitely being laid...Jesus is coming soon!

2006/10/12 8:59Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy