SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Kim "Nuke" il?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re: what are you guys talking about?!?

bro Bartle
had almost forgotten chi-town had a team... :-P

2006/10/13 11:49Profile

Johnny in Iraq

Thanks for the link up to that article.

What I'm about to write, has nothing to do with you, or do I mean it in any way that would insult you, because I love you as brother and believe me, I am VERY thankful for all the guys and girls "on the wall". You all are my heroes.

That said, that article is why World Net Daily is not on my bookmarks list.

Its not well thought out and it has agenda, meaning the guy is talking about stuff he doesn't fully grasp, and he's selling key chains on the website, supposed radiological detectors. I'd have more confidence in some ground up gyspum in a coffee can with a aluminium foil strip. (homemade geiger counter)

He starts the article by ranting about the "defeatists" during the cold war standoff...do you know why we didnt engage in a robust civil defense program? during that time period, 62 to 89?

Number one, in that kind of conflict, Soviet versus US nuclear exchange the throw weight, the amount of MEGAtonnnage thrown at each other would have been insane, we would have been talking about vast portions of the grain belt, completely irradiated. Once you start a nuclear exchange, superpower to superpower, lets say three tactical weapons, 50 kiltotons used to stop a Warsaw pact invasion of NATO, what would be next? The Soviets would have been in a "use or lose it" wiggy frame of mind, so they decide to take out our Minuteman fields in the North and Missouri...not city centers yet. Norad would pick up these tracks, and then we get wiggy, we decide, and at this point decisions are being made by men in fear, REAL fear, so we decide to throw one 3 megaton citybuster at Kiev, and it would go on and on.

okay, we know all that, we've seen the movies, heard the discussions, but did you know that in Dec 61, President Kennedy asked the Joint Chiefs to draw up a first strike bolt of the blue nuclear attack on the Soviets, a just in case kind of first look. You don't think, thru their moles and spys they picked up on this?

Next thing you know, they're looking at our Jupiter nukes in Turkey, right on their southern border, and they hear Kennedy has asked for a first strike plan, and then we have the Soviets working double time to insert nuclear weapons into Cuba. Cuba was a defensive move on their part, they got scared, and made the next logical chess move on the board of superpower geopolitics.

So we both went to the brink in Oct 62 during those 13 days, and it was only thru a back channel deal, Jupiter's out of Turkey, Soviet nukes out of Cuba that we averted a real nightmare scenario.

At that point, both sides saw the fear that starts to take over when we comtemplate nuclear warfare, and both sides began to take quiet bi-lateral steps to wean the fear out of the dialogue, and one of those steps was the fact that neither side would engage in a robust civil defense posture, for fear that it would make the other side think that we were in the early stages of planning a first strike.

What both sides did, was a "just in case" mutual decision to protect national command continiuty, and we, here in the US have something like 70 plus national command posts, bunkers, well-appointed, with comm gear, etc scatterd throughout the country, so that the President can in an emergency, go to cover, and direct the military, obscure places. Maybe half of them still exist operational today, who knows, the Vice President does. (lol) I'm sure the Soviets constructed similar, although ours probably had better couches and mattresses, bed sheets with the Presidential seal, and those cool coffee mugs. Thats what I like about us, we Americans know how to do 5 star, we do it with class and style.

and at that time, we also BOTH dropped the idea of Anti-ballistic missile defense, and thats why you saw the Nike sites around major cities go away. I remember as a kid, we used to have one near Belmont harbor, I thought it was cool, I didnt know what it really meant, I knew it was a "Nike missile site"...this was before Phil Knight and the Nike brand of shoes. So we both dropped ABM, except we agreed that they kept their program around Moscow, I'll bet there was a similar deal for DC, although nobodies copped to that.

But 2006 is a different day, and we work on ABM weaponry, have we been successful? Not yet.

But here's the real danger, the real threat, in the mid 90's, I read bin Laden put out the word, that he would pay 30 million plus for one ex-Soviet ADM, atomic demolition munition, suitcase nuke with a 5 kt yield. 70 of these devices are MISSING from ex-soviet inventory, thats an estimate.

Now these islamo-fascists like to strike at symbols of America, World Trade center, Pentagon, and probably the White House. (sidebar, I dont buy the "lets roll" scenario, it makes nice copy, but the reality was probably a couple of Sidewinders from an F-15, but thats not the kind of story we even WANT to think about, let the myth stay, people sleep better at night. I would have given the order, so would you, and so did the Vice-President. nuff said)

So they like to hit symbols, AND maximize casualties, and they probably have ADM's. What do Americans LOVE? Sporting events, we attend them in the thousands, packed together.

Out here in Chicago, we have dear old Wrigley field, and even our beloved Cubs are lovable losers, 40,000 people PACK the place. Did you know that there are two side streets sitting right next to the park, where a car can park, or even stop and sit, during gametime. Haji (and I will use that term with impunity, they call themselves "shaheed", anyway) Haji puts the device in the trunk, drives next to the park, screams "god is great", and hits the play now button.

40,000 plus dead, tens of thousands more injured, and more importantly, baseball becomes death. Thats what 'asymetrical warfare' is all about, EVERYTHING is a weapon. Public opinion becomes a weapon, fear is a weapon. Why do you think the haji's videotape IED attacks and post them on YouTube? Public opinion becomes a weapon, "get out of Iraq now, its failed policy, etc etc etc".

Its a new war for a new century. Do I think that we have intercepted some of these devices? You bet I do, our guys are good, but we will never hear of it, cause it would scare the public to death. Fear is a weapon, so many of our success's in fighting islamo-fascism will never ever be publicized.

Do I think they still have some...sure maybe.

I might be a democrat, but I stand behind and pray for our President and pray for the leadership, and you, my brothers and sisters on the frontline.

I really don't think the country knows the depth of this struggle, thats why I never use the term "the war on terror", its a war against islamo-fascism, its not a war against Islam or Muslims. Does a Godly man cut off ten heads and leave them in a garage?

No, a fascist does. Thats who we are fighting.

But I cant read World Net Daily, too many guys selling key chains, and ranting about "liberals".
Personally, I'm done with the politics of diviseness, that was a pre-war luxury that we best get rid of, we are all Americans, and we are in the fight of our lifes.

Hey, nice speech huh?

maybe I should do it for a living?

lol....nope, too many guys selling keychains, on both sides of the aisle, I'll just pray, thats better.

God bless you and your unit, keep the kevlar on, how many days? 30 and a wu?

bartle

2006/10/13 13:11

Big bro Ironman

Quote:
had almost forgotten chi-town had a team...

yeh, uh-huh...as the first President Bush responded to the question "what's going to happen to the Iraqi Army"?

he said, "watch and learn".

does Chicago have a team?

watch and learn.

I'm smiling, thanks, God bless you brother, bartle

2006/10/13 13:15
Compton

Re: blue who? (LOL)

Iron,

Quote:
i must say that u.m. OSU rivalry is a good one

Speaking of hooligans, a couple of years ago after a home game with UM, excited Buckeye students went truly nuts, pouring into the streets, tipping cars and lighting them on fire...and I think some frat house dragged a ratty sofa out and set it on fire too. It's beer-saturated fabric probably combusted in a giant fireball. Higher education at work...the poor Michigan fans were none too happy as they tried to exfil out of our midwestern Mogadishu.

Quote:
when i get to come out that way we should most definately hang out. that coffee wouldn't be from starbucks would it?

Actually I'm talking about a small coffee shop that was voted the very best in all of Columbus for 2006...which is saying something for a resturaunt/shopping crazed city filled with Starbucks, Tim Horton's, and Panera Breads...

C'mon on up bro!

MC

2006/10/13 21:20Profile

Re: Johnny in Iraq

God bless you and your unit, keep the kevlar on, how many days? 30 and a wu?

I am unable to say bartle. that would be a violation of "OPSEC"

What do you think of the article within the article about "what to do if an attack is iminent?
God bless, John

2006/10/13 23:34

Re: John in Iraq part two

Forgive for asking ANY questions I didnt realize how tight OPSEC had gotten, I came of age in the Carter Navy, and that was pretty loose, so I didnt mean to be nosey, it was more like concern, rooting for you, I know what its like to be short...

...and also forgive me for engaging in an anti-WND rant, instead of talking about that valuable primer you posted, the article within the article.

http://www.ki4u.com/guide.htm

and its a great starting place for anyone seeking knowledge to protect their family, that hasnt been of the mindset of a defensive posture, and this is their first realization that the frontline might be at their doorstep, I don't think most Americans realize that, and I don't know if they can really handle that.(yet)

We don't know each other, but if you knew me, all the stuff they talk about it in that article, I've been doing for years, not out of paranoia, but out of a natural desire to have my "stuff" together. Until 10 months ago, I lived in an isolated rural area in SoCal, where natural disasters were a reality, flood, fire, earthquake and even one large riot.

So I always had more than adequate supply of water, food, cooking fuel, illumination, electrical generation, radio, and basic medicines, first aid and means of defense, more than enough to be cut off from any supply for a month or even more. It doesn't cost a lot of money, and seeing that I did homeless ministry I began to have even more supply, (lol) food, soap, socks, tents, blankets and Bibles.

But its a great article, because what it does is, help a person get their act together PRE-attack, if one comes in their area, and the main question is : stay or flee?

and my vote is stay. Remember when they had that hurricane evacuation from Houston, i think it was? and there was that 120 mile long traffic jam? If that isnt a textbook example of what NOT to do, I don't know what is. People were sitting on the highway, running out of gas, no food, no water, not a good scene.

I live about 6 clicks from that baseball park, and about 18 clicks from the downtown area, but I'm fortunate enough to live in stout brick low level apt building three stories high, i live on the first floor, alone (in human terms :-) and am blessed with a sublevel storage basement, thats clean with storage lockers that are the wooden slat variety, the windows are really those clear glass cinderblocks facing away from both the downtown area and the ball park, so I would be prepared to camp out down there for a week, two weeks, whatever's necessary, and am fully prepared to show Christ's love to my neighbors by sharing provision and remaining calm and loving, stout in the Lord's strength. I pray that my neighbors would remain calm and cool, and I believe that God would remove those who get wiggy, weird, or whatever bizarre manifestations a person would exhibit in an real emergency, in that environment, it would be a post combat zone, and you know as well as I do, there are certain people that you wouldnt want to share a foxhole with, they're not trustworthy to push the fear down and keep it together.

I know that Jesus is your Helper where you are, of course one might get scared in a comabt zone, but you don't LIVE in fear, you live in faith. Is it hairy? sure, but your trust is in the Lord, as is mine.

I fully expect something to happen here in the States, and its not going to be a "less than" 9/11 attack, but I don't fear, for three reasons, I'm ready in supply, in mind, and I rest in the Lord. Somebody secular, or somebody with a non-military background, would think I'm totally nuts.

Fair enough, but if they were around me in such a hellstorm, in Jesus' Name, i would be more than willing to help and shelter them.

God has also been good to me in the fact that He provided my son, whose 2,000 miles away ,with a great stepdad, who I like and admire and has his stuff together. He should, when I emptied my storage locker in LA, I gave him my whole kit....lol! Everything, you should have seen his smile, I certainly gained his respect when he saw everything I gave him.

I don't know how many of our fellow Americans would be receptive to that article, they still got a pre-war mentality and they don't realize that on 9/11 the frontline became blurred, the frontline was the homefront, and that scares Americans, but i have hope, we're a resilient people and if something really nasty happened stateside, people would rally together, and help one another. I feel it.

Heavy topics, but good, thanks for posting that article, God bless you brother, stay safe.

bartle

ps...I hope folks realize, you see a flash, HIT THE DECK, don't go look!!!!!!!

(later edit---only one thing the writer got wrong in my opinion
"A very large 500 kiloton blast, 2.2 miles away, will arrive about 8 seconds after the detonation flash with a very strong three second wind blast. That delay is much greater further away. That is a lot of time to take cover IF alert and you should stay down for up to 2 minutes."

if one is unfortunate enough to be 2.2 miles away from a 500 kt blast you better ready to meet the Lord....I'm laughing, I know thats sounds sick to be laughing, but 2 miles from 500 kt?...nope, say bye. At 20 miles away, you'd be having a bad day...anyway, good article. remember what us Boy Scouts were taught, "be prepared".

2006/10/14 0:53
Compton

Re:Hydrogen and good hygene

Quote:
I hope folks realize, you see a flash, HIT THE DECK, don't go look!!!!!!!

Bartle, maybe we need a 21st century update to movies like "Duck and Cover". Remember those black and white movies from the 1950's and 60's? They would show you how to survive an atomic blast by holding up a large white newspaper, or how to stay and fight in case of a nuclear invasion, instead of fleeing the cities, ...and at the same time these films would urge you to tuck in your shirt, do your chores, and always keep a pocket comb....all with the same warbly soundtrack.:knockedout:

Hey today we Buckeyes learned that Columbus was ranked the number two city in the nation for disaster/evacuation readiness.

All I want to know I where can I find some of those atomic-proof school desks they had back in the 50's.

2006/10/14 2:38Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Letting the air out ...

Haven't really followed all this through and for all that is rightly serious in these parts and even within the confines of this posting ...

We do have "[i]a lighter side[/i]" that can be pushed overside ... forgetting all the niceities for just a moment;

Quote:
Although I try to limit that side of my personality from my posts because I'm trying hard to cultivate my image of a miserable carking sin hound, inconsolable over the sorry state of everyone else's spiritual condition. :knockedout:

:-P

2006/10/14 9:59Profile
IRONMAN

Re: Big bro Ironman

bro bartle

Quote:

bartle wrote:
Quote:
had almost forgotten chi-town had a team...

yeh, uh-huh...as the first President Bush responded to the question "what's going to happen to the Iraqi Army"?

he said, "watch and learn".

does Chicago have a team?

watch and learn.

I'm smiling, thanks, God bless you brother, bartle

i'll be on the lookout!

2006/10/14 14:55Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

bro Mike Compton

Quote:
Speaking of hooligans, a couple of years ago after a home game with UM, excited Buckeye students went truly nuts, pouring into the streets, tipping cars and lighting them on fire...and I think some frat house dragged a ratty sofa out and set it on fire too. It's beer-saturated fabric probably combusted in a giant fireball. Higher education at work...the poor Michigan fans were none too happy as they tried to exfil out of our midwestern Mogadishu.

i remember that, the big question was, if OSU kids behave like that when they win, what on earth will they do if the team loses? :-? it's crazy bro, however that does speak to a Godlessness in our society and that is the fruit thereof.

Quote:
Actually I'm talking about a small coffee shop that was voted the very best in all of Columbus for 2006...which is saying something for a resturaunt/shopping crazed city filled with Starbucks, Tim Horton's, and Panera Breads...

cool, that would be much nicer i think, here on the u.t.m.b. campus we have 2 starbucks outlets and a couple more on galveston island...

when God hooks us up i'd like for you to take me to that place bro.

God bless you bro mike

2006/10/14 15:00Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy