SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Kim "Nuke" il?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

on a lighter note...

bro Mike
you're a trip! i was in austin the day of the big Ut OSU game. people were saying about our buckeyes "when we're done with them they'll be blackeyes" of course for me i couldn't lose, i'm a fan of both teams!

go bucks indeed!!!

2006/10/12 15:11Profile

Re: Matt

I just unpacked the 10 boxes of books here, and I did save two, one is called "Nuclear Battlefields", its kind of dated, 1985 copyright, but its good, though it reflects a cold war strategic posture.

I just went to Amazon, and they have copies of it: its entitled :

The Nuclear Battlefields: Global Links in the Arms Race.

in my search I just saw another book that you might like, IF, you're into defense infrastructure and it's by the same author, Wliiam Arkin, called "Code Names: Deciphering U.S. Military Plans, Programs and Operations in the 9/11 World"

I'm really surprised this book saw the light of day, in fact I read it so infuriated Secty Rumsfeld that he vetted a 1,000 personnel to find out who is leaking this stuff, But the more I ponder this, its HELPFUL to us, and I'll tell you why: It puts the islamo-fascists on notice that though they may believe America is a nation of softies, it shows them that we DO have guys "on the wall", and that they are NOT dealing with a bunch of soft indulgent "infidels". The book might give code names and programs, but they will never know from what direction disaster is going to befall them next.

Please forgive me: I know this stuff is all the "business of Caesar", not of Christ, but the way I feel about it is this: man, in worshipping the god of science has sealed his fate, our fate.

God made the sun, which brings us light, and we grow our crops, and warm ourselves and enjoy this light that is our sun. Man, us, we , you, me, have tried to mimic that power, and we crafted weapons that for a brief moment unleash this power, and this will be the doom that John Zeebedee saw in Revelations. Mark my words, and it doesn't take a genius to connect the dots, but there will come a day, when many many nations possess nuclear weaponry, combine that with an overcrowded world, shrinking resources and a depraved fallen nature given to violence and greed, and watch out, these weapons will be used with impunity.

Am I without hope?

not at all, I rest in Christ and on the Word, the Logos, there's no fear, as you well know dear brother.

also, theres another book, Dark Sun by Richard Rhodes on the making of the hydrogen bomb, its thick, detailed, but good.

May God bless you is my prayer today, bartle

2006/10/12 16:10
Compton

Re: on a lighter note...

Quote:
i'm a fan of both teams!

I'm mostly a fan when they are winning.8-)

Thanks for laughing at my lame humor. :lol: Someone was telling me today that they know me as someone who can always bring laughter to hard situations ...I was touched by that.

Although I try to limit that side of my personality from my posts because I'm trying hard to cultivate my image of a miserable carking sin hound, inconsolable over the sorry state of everyone else's spiritual condition. :knockedout:

However brother, if ever you can make it back to Ohio for a visit, we'll share the joy of the Lord with each other! (And perhaps a couple cups of quality coffee...)

MC

2006/10/12 22:43Profile
K_DAY

Ann Arbor, MI

Re:

Quote:

Gentlemen, if I may...let me suggest a possible resolution to this crisis. As a citizen of Columbus Ohio, I think the UN should send in the Ohio State Buckeyes! They can not be defeated!

Ha. You Buckeys... I can't even go on a Christian website without you chatting my ear off about your football team... :)

I am not a huge footbal fan, but I feel obligated to retort, on behalf of everyone I know within a 10 mile radius, that perhaps the UN should send a more competent team, such as the Michigan Wolverines.

Go Blue.

-K DAY

2006/10/12 23:02Profile
Compton

Re:

Quote:
I can't even go on a Christian website without you chatting my ear off about your football team

:-P K Day, there is actually a spiritual truth at work here...for everything there is a season; a time to mourn and a time to gloat.:-D

MC

2006/10/12 23:18Profile

what are you guys talking about?!?

there's only two words in football worth saying:

GO BEARS!!!

Chicago Bears.

nuff said and I rest my case.

and also God bless you all is my prayer, fervent.

bartle of Chicago

2006/10/13 0:25

Re: what are you guys talking about?!?

For relevant info on surviving a nuclear attack check out this article

http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=51648

God bless, John oh by the way Bartle Happy Bday to the Navy

2006/10/13 6:52
IRONMAN

Re:

bro Mike

Quote:
I'm mostly a fan when they are winning.

i guess that's true of fans of many different football teams, except the dallas cowboys...can't tell you how many times i've heard "this is our year" :-P

bro mike you may not remember this, and i think i have what you wrote somewhere, but you posted something you titled "you can't touch this..."and that was so funny to me, you were funny after that!

and when i get to come out that way we should most definately hang out. that coffee wouldn't be from starbucks would it? i heard they're everywhere... :-P

2006/10/13 11:41Profile
IRONMAN

blue who?

hey K-day
i remember 2 years in a row schools from michigan blemished our record *sob* but i must say that u.m. OSU rivalry is a good one...perhaps topped only by the u.m. msu one. my wife went to msu for a while and she told me one year you hooligans from ann arbor came down and did a drive by on sparty with paintball guns...leaving him blue and maize... :-P since then apparently there is a group dedicated to thwarting a reccurance of this so they spend the night camped around sparty, taking watch to guard him...

2006/10/13 11:47Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

bro mike

Quote:
K Day, there is actually a spiritual truth at work here...for everything there is a season; a time to mourn and a time to gloat.

hey i knew you were funny all the time! i guess we have a similar sense of humour!

2006/10/13 11:48Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy