SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What is lacking in your walk with Jesus?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
death2self

Washington DC area

What is lacking in your walk with Jesus?

I'm asking a honest question not out of a critical heart but one who is asking myself this same question.

2006/10/6 17:31Profile

Re: What is lacking in your walk with Jesus?

Bottom line:

There can be only one thing lacking in anyone's walk with Jesus ----- a sustaining revelation of Him.

:-)

2006/10/6 17:43
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Orm wrote,

Quote:
There can be only one thing lacking in anyone's walk with Jesus ----- a sustaining revelation of Him.

Since when did God back off from revealing himself to people? And if he did, what caused it?

ginnyrose

2006/10/6 18:54Profile
JoeA

Decatur, Illinois

A continual awareness of His presence, a continual desire to take His yoke, and discipline in prayer. That is what is lacking in my walk with Jesus.

I like this thread. Revival begins with confession and repentance. When we confess that missing part, it opens the door for Christ to fill the gap with Himself.

2006/10/6 18:58Profile

Re:

Quote:

ginnyrose wrote:
Orm wrote,

Quote:

Since when did God back off from revealing himself to people? And if he did, what caused it?

ginnyrose

For the born again? --- lack of learning the reality of the Great commandment. For the rest of the "people", I'll let you answer that.

2006/10/6 19:07
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Quote:
I'm asking a honest question not out of a critical heart but one who is asking myself this same question.

One thing I've been meditating on recently is a lack of humility. I've tended to view humility as that which just belittles self, but I don't think that is true humility. I think real humility doesn't focus on denying my own stature but rather in standing up and beholding the face of Jesus and in awe and love seeing His majesty and infinitude.

In Christ,

Ron

2006/10/6 19:45Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Head knowledge is totally inadequate. There have been people who knew next to nothing about the Scriptures but had a vibrant walk with the LORD. Then there are those who know it very well who say they are atheists.

The solution is obedience. John 15:10: "If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love." Can't get any simplier that this.

ginnyrose

2006/10/6 21:01Profile
Dougmore

Hi death2self,

The more I study the Bible and walk with God I realize that everything is lacking,(in me only). I seem less and less important and He is more so. I guess I find myself lacking in myself But Gods grace and strength lifts me up.

Let us submit to God! bro Doug

2006/10/6 21:31Profile

Love. I do not love my Lord enough! When I think about how much He loves me and has given Himself for me, how little I give myself in return! I think too much of self, and not enough of Christ!

Spending time in His Word and communing with Him will increase my love for Him.

"If ye love me, keep my commandments." John 14:15
Keep: to hold fast

2006/10/6 21:59

Re:

A lack of humility, a poor prayer life and not trusting in Him completely.

Prayer is, I think, one of the most important parts of a Christian's life, because a good prayer life means good contact with the Lord throughout the day.

We should pray for better prayer lives, because prayer brings change.

2006/10/7 3:06

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy