SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : move?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
hmmhmm

Sweden

move?

when one is searching Gods will in life, im right now in a dilemma. I im sure god will guide me and help me, but still there is some fear that i will go against his will and just act upon my flesh, and if "balanced" that is a healty fear i guess, but this is how im thinking, right now me and my family is living in a neigboorhood that isent to "nice" there are very much drugs , violence , mentaly sick people, its a really bad place to live, now i see this can be good to, there is much work here for the kingdom of god, many people need jesus, and somehow i feel that is one of the good reasons to stay...becuse there is such a need for christ and me and my family can guide people to him, in our words and actions...but then again becuse of the conditions i feel we fear more and more for our two oldest children, they are 7-8 years old, when i hear what is going on in their school, when i see what the kids are up to, i honestly shiver in all of my body, i hear kids speak the languge that would come out of demons, and they are only 4-5 years old, and there is much problems...the thing is i would like to move to a nicer area for my childrens sake, this is nothing wrong in i belive...but how do we know what to do...ive talked about this whit some people and ive had mixed responses... how can we know what and where we should go? or if we should stay... i know my kids can be lost even in the nicest of the nicest of areas... but still... much thanks for your thoughts.... and please share testimonys....

christian

2006/10/4 6:12Profile
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re: move?

Dear brother,
I would only suggest your family pray, pray, pray...I would not dare give you any other advice, for you already know that the Lord knows best, and that he loves your family with the pure Love of God. This is a good reason to spend more time in family prayer.
Oh to have a family that prays together..brother, what a blessing you have. It brings tears to my eyes. Pray until you get your answer. Please continue to be diligent in the things of God; for surely the enemy prowls around waiting to devour whomever he may.
Many more blessings to you and your family Christian,
richie

2006/10/4 7:18Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Re: move?

Here's something from George Mueller that may be of help to you. This is taken from the first page of the book [i]Answers to Prayer[/i], this book is a compilation of some of Mr. Mueller's writings. I have proven this method in my own life...

[b]HOW TO ASCERTAIN THE WILL OF GOD[/b]

1. I seek at the beginning to get my heart into such a state that it has no will of its own in regard to a given matter. Nine-tenths of the trouble with people generally is just here. Nine-tenths of the difficulties are overcome when our hearts are ready to do the LORD's will, whatever it may be. When one is truly in this state, it is usually but a little way to the knowledge of what His will is.

2. Having done this, I do not leave the result to feeling or simple impression. If so, I make myself liable to great delusions.

3. I seek the Will of the Spirit of God through, or in connection with, the Word of God. The Spirit and the Word must be combined. If I look to the Spirit alone without the Word, I lay myself open to great delusions also. If the Holy Ghost guides us at all, He will do it according to the Scriptures and never contrary to them.

4. Next I take into account providential circumstances. These often plainly indicate God's Will in connection with His Word and Spirit.

5. I ask God in prayer to reveal His Will to me aright.

6. Thus, through prayer to God, the study of the Word, and reflection, I come to a deliberate judgment according to the best of my ability and knowledge, and if my mind is thus at peace, and continues so after two or three more petitions, I proceed accordingly. In trivial matters, and in transactions involving most important issues, I have found this method always effective.

2006/10/4 11:39Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy