SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Prayers for the Amish

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Dougmore

Prayers for the Amish

I can't stand what I'm hearing from people. They are telling of the destruction that has befallen the Amish in Lancaster County, Pa. I believe that four or five, (as of now), young girls have been slain by a perverted maniac. Let us pray for the victims families and for the perpetrators family. For he has committed a selfish act of cruelty and left his innocent family to face the repercussions.

Let us pray for the salvation of the Amish and that God will bring comfort to their pains. They are a non-resistant people and such an act is un called for, in any situation for that matter. My heart and prayers go out to the plain people involved. May God awake them from their sleeping and restore their Anabaptist roots because they are in dire need of revival...

In Christ, bro Doug

2006/10/3 19:20Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Prayers for the Amish

God has been sending a mighty refreshing revival amongst many amish groups across the United States in the last 10 years. But yes may God save many of them and give them strength and courage through these trying times.

2006/10/3 20:58Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

I was broke when I first heard about this. Very heart breaking..

2006/10/3 22:42Profile
bonni

montana usa

Re: the amish

I know God is moving many christians to pray for the amish people. As soon as I heard of this I began to pray that God would take what the devil meant for evil and turn it to good. I'm praying that God would use this tradgedy and send some godly people like the brothers and sisters from Charity ministries to bring hope and the light of Christ into these peoples lives. Bonni

2006/10/3 23:49Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Greg,

You are right...revival has occurred among the Amish. The reason the public does not hear of them is because they are not out there trying to draw attention to themselves and looking to make big bucks off of it.

Several years ago I did some research for a genealogy book I was compiling and in my search I discovered a revival that occurred in the 50's in the community I grew up in (which was not in Mississippi) which involved the Amish. I was left with my jaw hanging! I had never heard of it before! These Amish had became very mission minded; gave money to worthy causes not affliated with Amish; they developed an intense interest in Bible Study; became concerned about holy living. Revival meetings, held either in tents or churchhouses, were packed to the gills...I remember these meetings. Yes, these revivals not only effected the Amish but other neighboring churches in that rural community.

Since then the fervor has died down. Locals tell me it is hard to get people to come out to evangelistic meetings. Makes one wonder why? Is it because they have become rich? They are so very busy, life moves fast...

You may ask what happened to the people involved in those revivals? Many have died; many have moved out to other communities across the USA. Very few are left who were participants in that revival.

Anyhow, just thought I would share this for your enlightenment...

ginnyrose

2006/10/5 14:37Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
I was broke when I first heard about this.

Amen. Same here. So much violence in the world. God help us. We have Amish folk north and south of us and they just try to make a living. They try to raise their family away from all this mess and look what happens. God help them. I add my prayers.

2006/10/5 17:36Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Gen 6:11 The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.

2006/10/5 19:00Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy