PosterThread
wyattearp

Re:

will be in yours

2006/9/29 22:49Profile
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re:

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me"- Gal 2:20
"Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?"- Gal 3:3
"For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another."- Gal 5:13
Amen :-D God is love...and He calls men everwhere to repentance for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand! His mercies are new everyday, not wanting anyone to perish.
I believe "authentic" preachers first partake in Christ's death before they partake in Christ's resurrection; spiritually speaking of course.

richie

2006/9/29 23:22Profile
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re: The Preaching God is most likely to use

Quote:

Here4Him wrote:
What do preachers have to do to 'get out the way' if you like, and allow God to be everything in the preaching? Any thoughts much appreciated.

The true prophets:
2Pe 1:20: Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
2Pe 1:21: For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
The false prophets:
2Pe 2:18: For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error.
2Pe 2:19: While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption; for whom a man is overcome, of the same is the same is he brought in bondage.

But, let us first, again... "If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it" - Matt 16:24-25
It has been said that even preaching can result in "dead works" :-o
God bless you with Himself, preparing you in hiddenness, as a Master Potter prepares His worthy vessel for His purpose...
richie

2006/9/30 5:43Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

i "preached" for the first time out in the streets just today, i dont know what qualifies under that term preach , but i stood up i talked to some people there is only one name under heaven that we can be saved i talked about how god saved me..and what god says in his word he will do for everyone who calls upon him... i dont know what exept jesus crusified we should preach? i meen to the lost people... i think paul washer said it best... give me a man who will preach christ crusified until someone gets saved or until he gets stoned....

and i belive we can prepare whit prayer and reading the word, i have a fear of standing and talk in public i talk strange, i say wrong things and have to say it over again.. i get all sweety but i do it and i pray to god that he might draw men unto him, that he will get the glory from this...then i trust that even if i dont see the results of it, i belive we need to preach christ...why they need christ , and who christ is, what he did and what he will do... and then what they need to do,

I know D L Moody talked whit a "less then normal" talk. dont know the word for it but if he talked "funny" and still drew millions to christ...then we dont have to worri so much about if we say nice words...but if we have a gift in an oral way... god will use it i belive

i just told my wife ...what is the greatest thing a human can do? tell someone else about jesus... that is the most greatest thing we as humans ever can do... we cant do anything greater that i can think of!!! and we only have this little time to do it...so for rest of eternity we will never have the chanse to talk to an unbeliver again...

2006/9/30 6:59Profile
Here4Him

England

Re:

Thank you to everyone for your very helpful comments.

Nellie- you said:

"Be willing to move out of the way, and let the Holy Spirit take over.
It is hard for us humans to get out of the way.
We always think God needs our help, when He just wants a willing vessel that He can flow through."

It is so true- it is so hard to get out of the way. May the Lord teach me and all of you who preach, what it is to get out of the way and allow the Holy Spirit to speak through us, just as our Lord spoke so powerfully through Stephen in Acts 7.

I love the way that the book of Acts begins, :'The former account I wrote to you O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach. I know that that is the key. Every sermon and miracle in the book of Acts was a continuation of the teaching and 'doing' of Jesus Christ. Any sermon that God has ever greatly used has been the same.

It is easy to know this truth and easy to write it down, but it seems so few preachers ever get to this place. May God have mercy on us.

2006/9/30 15:58Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy