SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Who is Maitreya the Christ?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Kedric

Who is Maitreya the Christ?

Who is Maitreya?
He has been expected for generations by all of the major religions. Christians know him as the Christ, and expect his imminent return. Jews await him as the Messiah; Hindus look for the coming of Krishna; Buddhists expect him as Maitreya Buddha; and Muslims anticipate the Imam Mahdi or Messiah.

Although the names are different, many believe that they all refer to the same individual: the World Teacher, whose personal name is Maitreya (pronounced my-tray-ah).
Preferring to be known simply as the Teacher, Maitreya has not come as a religious leader, or to found a new religion, but as a teacher and guide for people of every religion and those of no religion.

At this time of great political, economic and social crisis Maitreya will inspire humanity to see itself as one family, and create a civilization based on sharing, economic and social justice, and global cooperation.

He will launch a call to action to save the millions of people who starve to death every year in a world of plenty. Among Maitreya's recommendations will be a shift in social priorities so that adequate food, housing, clothing, education, and medical care become universal rights.

Under Maitreya's inspiration, humanity itself will make the required changes and create a saner and more just world for all.
-http://www.shareintl.org/maitreya/Ma_main.htm

This is some crazy stuff. This name seems to be showing up everywhere. Does this spirit have the power to unite all Religions? Raelian websites are even claiming Him as a master.

I am just interested with your thoughts . . .

2006/9/29 8:07Profile
JoeA

Decatur, Illinois

Re: Who is Maitreya the Christ?

1 John 2:18 "Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time."

4:1 "Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that [b]Jesus Christ[/b] is come in the flesh is of God:
And every spirit that confesseth not that [b]Jesus Christ[/b] is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world."

2006/9/29 8:12Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Whenever any man, system rises with a message that declares they are capable of fixing whatever ails the world, you do well to run from it BECAUSE Jesus is the only one who can fix whatever ails the world. And that we will not see until he returns in glory!

Hey, you know what? It sure sounds good! Really! If you would not be grounded in the Word it would be easy to get sucked into its whorl...

Thanks for posting this info. I was not aware of this 'name'.

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2006/9/29 11:20Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

i heard about this guy several years ago and apparently he was touring Africa at the time and was seen by thousands. He is a false Christ, or should i say one of many and we ought not be deceived nor remain quiet about the fallacy of his claim to being the saviour. he is a tool of the enemy.

2006/9/29 11:34Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Although the names are different, many believe that they all refer to the same individual: the World Teacher, whose personal name is Maitreya (pronounced my-tray-ah).

I sense he is one of the anti-christ's of our time or the [b]actual[/b] anti-christ that is to come. It would be good to tuck that name "Maitreya" in your mind and not forget it, I believe we will be hearing much more of him soon. These are the "last days" brethren, be busy with your masters business. [b]The night cometh when no man shall work[/b].

2006/9/29 17:10Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
WHO IS MAITREYA?
He has been expected for generations by all of the major religions. Christians know Him as the Christ, and expect His imminent return. Jews await Him as the Messiah; Hindus look for the coming of Krishna; Buddhists expect Him as Maitreya Buddha; and Muslims anticipate the Imam Mahdi or Messiah.

The names may be different, but many believe they all refer to the same individual: the World Teacher, whose name is Maitreya (My-'tray-ah). Preferring to be known simply as the Teacher, Maitreya has not come as a religious leader, or to found a new religion, but as a teacher and guide for people of every religion and those of no religion.

At this time of great political, economic and social crisis Maitreya will inspire humanity to see itself as one family, and create a civilization based on sharing, economic and social justice, and global cooperation.

He will launch a call to action to save the millions of people who starve to death every year in a world of plenty. Among Maitreya's recommendations will be a shift in social priorities so that adequate food, housing, clothing, education, and medical care become universal rights.

Under Maitreya's inspiration, humanity itself will make the required changes and create a saner and more just world for all.

A Gradual Emergence
In recent years, information about Maitreya's emergence has come primarily from Benjamin Creme, a British artist and author who has been speaking and writing about this event since 1974.

According to Creme, Maitreya descended in July 1977 from His ancient retreat in the Himalayas and took up residence in the Indian-Pakistani community of London. He has been living and working there, seemingly as an ordinary man, His true status known to relatively few. He has been emerging gradually into full public view so as not to infringe humanity's free will.

As a modern man concerned with today's problems, Maitreya has worked on many levels since 1977 to prepare humanity for His outward presence.

From behind the scenes, the outpouring of His extraordinary energy has been the stimulus for dramatic changes on many fronts, including the fall of communism in the Soviet Union, the collapse of apartheid in South Africa, the rapprochement between East and West, the growing power of the people's voice, and a worldwide focus on preserving the environment.

Outwardly, He has met with groups of journalists and influential leaders from all fields, informing them of His solutions to today's most pressing problems and of the role they might play in the coming time.

Since 1988 Maitreya has appeared miraculously throughout the world, mainly to orthodox religious groups, presenting in the simplest terms the great spiritual laws governing our lives. And, through steadily increasing signs and spiritual manifestations, now widely reported in the media, He has touched the hearts of millions, preparing them for His imminent appearance.

Day of Declaration
At the earliest possible moment, Maitreya will demonstrate His true identity. On the Day of Declaration, the international television networks will be linked together, and Maitreya will be invited to speak to the world.

We will see His face on television, but each of us will hear His words telepathically in our own language as Maitreya simultaneously impresses the minds of all humanity. Even those who are not watching Him on television will have this experience.

At the same time, hundreds of thousands of spontaneous healings will take place throughout the world. In this way we will know that this man is truly the World Teacher for all humanity.

Quote:
Do you accept the interpretation of Lucifer as the Fallen Angel of Evil? (Maitreya's teachings on religion)
No, I do not. I think this is a complete misunderstanding of Lucifer by christian teaching. The name 'Lucifer' means, literally, 'light'. The word comes from the latin root: lux, lucis - light; and fer, ferre - to bring. It means therefore, light-bringing and is the name of the planet Venus as the morning star.

Far from being evil it is pure light. In the esoteric teaching, Lucifer is the name for the great angelic Entity who embodies the human kingdom on the soul plane.

"And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works." -II Cor. 11:14-15

2006/9/29 17:28Profile
Dougmore

Hi guys,

Is this dude for real? Or is this some kinda legend? I've never heard of this one. Either way its a bunch of wacko mess and we are not going to be well liked by this guy. If this is real we have got to get ready for the persecution that is coming soon.

In Christ, bro Doug

2006/9/30 9:58Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: another name

Greetings brothers and sisters. I pray that all of you that are His would be strengthened and established in Christ and built up in your faith.

We should remember these words of our Lord Jesus, speaking of those who do not recieve Him

[b][color=660033] I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in
his own name, him ye will receive.[/color][/b]

Grace and patience to all the beloved.

2006/9/30 12:52Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy