SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Passion Of The Christ

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
Danielcourtney

Statesville, Nc

Re: Some Passion Tracts

Hey Yall,

I know of a great website to get some great Gospel Tracts to give out: www.livingwaters.com they sell tracts that preach the Gospel using the Law of God (they aren't just "Jesus Loves You and Has a wonderful plain for your life" tracts). One tract they have is tract featuring the Passion Movie(they would be great to pass out at the theatre). They also have some other very eye-catching tracts at very low prices. It's were I get all the tracts I use in evangelism. Check it out. It is the ministry of Ray Comfort and Kirk Cameron: www.livingwaters.com

God bless Yall
danielcourtney

2004/1/31 19:51Profile
soulfire52

Tulsa, where Jesus is coming back first. :D

Re:

Oh, another great place to pick up some passion material for FREE (you only pay shipping) is
www.passionmaterial.com

2004/2/1 10:41Profile
The_Sower

Re: The Passion

This is my first attempt ever on this thing, so please be patient if I mess up.

We seem to be fairly mature here, so I'll cut to the chase. Let's remember, "Faith without works... Now, consider for a moment our brother Mel has decided to show us his faith by his works. He has cast his bread upon the water and it looks as though, Catholic or not, God is going to bless his socks off. I don't know if you read the brief interview he gave to Brian Goins, Director of Creative Ministries of Insight for Living (Chuck Swindoll), but it's pretty deep!
All in all this will be an excellent opportunity for us to share His good news. To quote, " But how much BETTER would it be to seek God by faith and get on our knees and plead for sinners in our churches and communities. " While that certainly has divine merit, here's an opportunity to do both.
As far as revival is concerned, I think God may have closed that door to America. Instead, we will probably see more of His letting go of us as a nation. Like the nations before us, who have seen His hand of mercy, we too have turned away. We have relied on our own wisdom and refused to acknowledge God as God. Take heart though, ALL things work together for good to those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. His will will be done (one way or another) on earth as it is in Heaven.

2004/2/1 12:11Profile
soulfire52

Tulsa, where Jesus is coming back first. :D

Re:

Quote:
As far as revival is concerned, I think God may have closed that door to America.

NAAH, The door is still WIDE open for revival in America.
I encourage you to download and listen to some of Leonard Ravenhill's sermons... unreal... the words he was speaking.
bless you!!

2004/2/3 18:53Profile
followerofchrist

USA

Re:

Quote:
As far as revival is concerned, I think God may have closed that door to America.

If you note in Jeremiah, God still opens doors of hope, even till the last minute. I know that we are on the threshold of a great revival. The Lord said, "I want you to prepare for the revival to come and for the great influx of souls" to me back in 1981 when He showed me the way it would hit the US and I am preparing for it with even more anticipation than I would the birth of a child. Despite what is happening in some of the arenas of our world, I am believing and striving for a move of God that will reverse the tide in our country and know of people all over the country and world who spend all-night prayer meetings with the same purpose. Let's move toward that mark of the high calling!!!
soulfire52 wrote:
Quote:

NAAH, The door is still WIDE open for revival in America.
I encourage you to download and listen to some of Leonard Ravenhill's sermons... unreal... the words he was speaking.
bless you!!

2004/2/3 19:27Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Here is an update I received through Christianity Today regarding a change at the end of the movie:
[url=http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=36829]http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=36829[/url]

2004/2/4 15:49Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
This is my first attempt ever on this thing, so please be patient if I mess up.

great to meet you brother (The_Sower) glad you found this site.

Quote:

I think America is in prime shape for a huge revival. America is dead and therefore can be revived. People are realizing they need God not machinery in the church.

Quote:

Sometimes when I listen to Ravenhill's messages I can't believe that he preached these to people in america. What an impact it must have had. And praise God through this website his message of revival can come again to the body of Christ.

2004/2/4 16:08Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Received the following this morning and felt it was appropriate in light of some of the murmurings surrounding this upcoming movie:

Christian Quotation of the Day

February 8, 2004

Some misapprehension, I say, some obliquity,or some slavish adherence to old prejudices, may thus cause us to refuse the true interpretation, but we are none the less bound to refuse and wait for more light. To accept that as the will of our Lord which to us is inconsistent with what we learned to worship in Him already, is to introduce discord into that
harmony whose end is to unite our hearts, and make them whole.
"Is it for us," says the objector who, by some sleight of will, believes in the word apart from the meaning for which it stands, "to judge the character of our Lord?" I answer, "This very thing He requires of us." He requires of us that we should do Him no injustice. He would come and dwell with us, if we would but open our chambers to receive Him. How shall we receive Him if, avoiding judgement, we hold this or that daub
of authority or tradition hanging upon our walls to be the real likeness of our Lord?
... George Macdonald (1824-1905),
"It Shall Not Be Forgiven" in Unspoken Sermons [1867]

And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven. -- Luke 12:10.

Dear friends of CQOD,
In the excerpt, George Macdonald is dealing with the idea of the unpardonable sin, a difficult subject at best. In particular, he objects to the notion that the unpardonable sin
is an individual act, which was a common idea in his time, e.g., that someone who had committed the "unpardonable sin" was henceforth beyond the pale and could be permanently shunned.

Some people have that idea even today. But Macdonald argues that this is inconsistent with the pattern of forgiveness for all other sins, as we know it from Scripture. Rather, he argues, the unpardonable sin must be a persistent rejection of the truth, an attitude that blocks the Spirit from His role of instructing the heart to repentance. The article is well worth
reading in whole. See Macdonald's Unspoken Sermons in Believer's Desktop Companion 2004.

But this blasphemy about the Holy Spirit (namely, asserting that the Spirit of God is not who He says He is, and is unable to do what He says He can do) is a commonplace in our society
today. All the world's assaults on the
Sovereignty of God amount to this: God does not exist, and even if He exists, He cares nothing for us, and even if He cares for us, He is unable
to help us, and even if He can help us, yet He depends in some way on our perfection or reform, and that is not forthcoming.

These are the lies of the enemy, and they are trumpeted daily through all our media. Even the best of our public advocates and forums do not support the Body sufficiently in this spiritual warfare in which we are engaged.

These times that God has sent to us surely try our hearts and our faith, and that is their purpose (James 1:3). Today, one vulgarity is heaped upon another, as Churches split and the
shrill voices of pharisaical legalism raise their cries and their standards. There is no room left in the middle, it seems, where Christians can stand both for truth and for gentleness with those not of the same mind. (There never was
any middle ground, not really; it was just
uncontested for a while.)

The matters that divide believers from one another are often difficult, and perhaps hopeless, to resolve; the matters that divide believers from the world are even more difficult
and often must not be resolved. For the world's way, to seek worldly success, is not the believer's way, which leads to the cross. Ultimately, our ways must part.

During the Lenten season that begins in a few days, I want to recommend that we turn again to the Word, to the Gospel, and dispel an aggravating myth, that to tell the Gospel story is to accuse the Jews for Jesus' death. Some who so assert cite times past, when this charge was used to justify persecution of our Jewish cousins. It was a lie then and it is a lie now.

Let us tell the story straight. Some of the people who consented to Jesus' execution were Jews and some were not, and some who opposed it were Jews, and there may have been some who
were not. What difference does it make? None of those people are here today. Frankly, I am never quite sure, at this remove, whom I should forgive and for what, e.g., Judas, but I know someone who is sure.

On the cross, Jesus asked the Father to forgive them (who had crucified Him) on the grounds of their ignorance. The Father never says "no" to Jesus, and so they were forgiven --
all of them -- for everything to do with the crucifixion. We can rely on that.

And with those words, the best news of all the Gospel, of all the world, the forgiveness of sins through the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross, began to become reality.

Join me this Lent in studying the written Word (an announcement about a study available through the Christian Quotation of the Day is forthcoming) and praying for the world to come to repentance before its Savior and Lord.
RMA

Try out Believer's Desktop Companion 2004 -- free download at
http://www.gospelcom.net/cqod/cqoddtcb.html
Be sure to sign up for the BDTC2004 newsletter.

CQOD Compilation Copyright 2004, Robert McAnally Adams, Curator
Executive Director, Arab Vision, Inc.
Arab Vision Home: http://arabvision.gospelcom.net
CQOD Home Page: http://www.cqod.org/
Subscription info: http://www.cqod.org/cqodlist.htm
Comments and problems: email to [email protected]

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

2004/2/8 4:34Profile
moreofHim

Re:

Here is perhaps another viewpoint from Glen Pickren:

" I, too, have been getting a queasiness as I have been seeing the hype building. While it sounds like this movie can be used powerfully by the Lord, from the beginning I felt that its target is the lukewarm, complacent Christian rather than the unsaved. This is not to say it may not be used by the Lord for the unsaved, but it is the Christian who professes to believe this story yet often refuses his own Cross that I thought might benefit the most.

I had sent the following to a pastor friend yesterday:

I have listened to what you have said regarding training the church to explain the Gospel to their unsaved friends and using The Passion as an evangelistic tool. I have read where thousands of pastors are doing the same. This is well and good for we are to have a ready answer for the hope we have within us. My concern is that in orienting the movie to those who are unsaved that we may miss the message the movie has for the modern day Christian, perhaps ourselves.

This movie depicts in some way the price that was paid to redeem us, but most of all the love of the Father in offering His only begotten Son for us and the love of Jesus for His obedience to His Father. This is the One who called us to take up OUR Cross and follow Him. Despite the way the Gospel is generally presented today Jesus did not die on the cross just so heaven could be populated by a bunch of ambivalent Christians seeking refuge from Hell. On the way to Gethsemane He prayed "Father, I desire that they also, whom You have given Me, be with Me where I am, so that they may see My glory which You have given Me, for You loved Me before the foundation of the world." (John 17:24) There is a world of difference in desiring to follow the Lamb wherever He goes and desiring to avoid Hell so as to go to Heaven when we die.

I don't know how to present this for the Lord does not want those who follow Him out of guilt. What bridegroom wants a bride who married him, not because of love, but guilt? I just know that if one follows Him down the narrow path there are times it gets very steep and rocky and I find it helpful to remember the cost of the One who passed that way before and in doing so became the Way. My hope is that in our excitement concerning leading those to the narrow gate, we do not forget that there is a narrow path that few find, and that in our hurry we do not lead someone to the broad way.

When I was in high school each year they used to show a movie aboutlung cancer which showed surgery of a diseased lung due to cigarette smoke. Each year after the movie all the greasers would be turning in their cigarettes to the coaches, but two weeks later they would all be smoking again. I think we should not lose sight of the fact that movies can powerfully effect the soul while leaving the spirit untouched. Certainly Braveheart did that. The prospect of Christians eagerly leading the unsaved to pray the sinner's prayer (which prayer or procedure is nowhere mentioned in the Bible) while they are in a highly emotional state is a very real one and one that is giving me some indigestion. Surveys indicate that 90% of the "decisions for Christ"made at the Harvest Festival show no evidence of proceeding in the faith, yet if someone later asked them if they had ever "asked Jesus into their heart" many would say yes.

As I said, I don't have the answer here, just a concern not to become a stumbling stone and when thousands of pastors get all excited and are quoted in USA Today about the "hundreds of thousands" who will become converted because of this movie, I get queasy and my discernment antenna goes up. I just hope we will approach this prayfully andreverently and not get caught up in the Jabez crowd mentality.

I have decided to see this film alone, just me and the Lord, for Ithink we may have some business to do together. I don't think I want to be required to speak to anyone but Him about it for awhile. When He woke me up the middle of the night over six years ago, He showed me the cross in a very real but non-visual way. I experienced His heartache and came to understand that He died not in the way of a crucifixion, in weakness, but in power by the bursting of His heart. I had never known anything at that time of the nature of the cross, but have learned a great deal since then which confirmed this. Jesus died in the manner of a woman giving birth, for that is exactly what occured as He became the "firstborn from the dead." No wonder the centurion marveled and said "surely this was the Son of God." He knew. No man could die like that on the cross. Jesus chose to lay His life down. No man took it from Him. How badly Christians need to see this. How can we not follow this God?"

Glen

2004/2/8 5:56Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Chanin,

Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention.

Quote:
from the beginning I felt that its target is the lukewarm, complacent Christian rather than the unsaved

What a pardigm shift in thinking. This brings to mind that subtle temptation to think "Oh, I pray the unbelievers will come to you Lord through this" Which is indeed what we would all like, but the catch is that we come into it with that mindset thinking it is only for '[i]them[/i]' and not for [b]us[/b]. Just like when you hear a message and think "Oh, I know who could really use to hear this" and missing '[i] Thou art the man.[/i]'(2Sa 12:7) or '[i]is it I?[/i]' (Mat 26:22)
Quote:
The prospect of Christians eagerly leading the unsaved to pray the sinner's prayer (which prayer or procedure is nowhere mentioned in the Bible) while they are in a highly emotional state is a very real one and one that is giving me some indigestion. Surveys indicate that 90% of the "decisions for Christ" made at the Harvest Festival show no evidence of proceeding in the faith, yet if someone later asked them if they had ever "asked Jesus into their heart" many would say yes.

"Jesus, [i]change[/i] my heart"

This is excellent Chanin.

2004/2/8 6:40Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy