SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : WAL-MART Joins HOMOSEXUAL AGENDA

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
MSeaman

Michigan

Re:

I'd say AMEN to your post, but that isn't the correct response. You are right on in your estimation.

2006/10/23 12:55Profile

Re: WAL-MART joins HOMOSEXUAL AGENDA

nakedicame said

Quote:
Our decision to form our spending habits may be quiet and non-vocal, or it may be a boycott, but in that, [b]God's primary concern is our heart and an attitude of obedience[/b].

I do agree.

This falls into a similar category to Paul's comments in Romans 13
10 Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love [is] the fulfillment of the law.

11 And [do] this, knowing the time, that now [it is] high time to awake out of sleep; for now our salvation [is] nearer than when we [first] believed.

12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand. Therefore let us cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light.

13 Let us walk properly, as in the day, not in revelry and drunkenness, not in lewdness and lust, not in strife and envy.

14 But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to [fulfill its] lusts.

and Romans 14
1 Receive one who is weak in the faith, [but] not to disputes over doubtful things.

2 For one believes he may eat all things, but he who is weak eats [only] vegetables.

3 Let not him who eats despise him who does not eat, and let not him who does not eat judge him who eats; for God has received him.

4 Who are you to judge another's servant? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for God is able to make him stand.

Quote:
How can we say we hold a value or belief ... if we simply pick and choose where we want that to be practiced ...? Let's not be victims of our Westernized church-culture but [b]slaves of Christ and his transformation[/b].

These thoughts were the perfect springboard for tpique1's exhortation. BRAVO, brethren. This is stirring up my hope! Thank you!

[color=000099]'I think there's something we as Christians need to own up to right here and now, Western Christianity is against the wall. We are more and more becoming Sodom and Gomorrah. When a society refuses to hear Truth and opts instead to sit in its sin like a pig in its slop, there isn't anything short of the Holy Ghost going to awaken them.

America has out-right rejected the Jesus of the Bible. They don't want Him. They'll take parts of Him, but they don't want Him, and there's nothing you can do to change a man's heart who is bent on spiritual suicide. Men would rather DIE than turn to God.

Just as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be at the coming of the Son of Man.

If it concerns you that bad, get off the message boards and start doing what God called you to do. Don't wait for someone to take you by the hand and lead you. Through prayer, fasting and the anointing of the Holy Ghost, get up from the laziness and marriage with this world and become a world shaker. Everyone's looking for someone else to do it, well that someone else is YOU!

Churchy game playing is over. Weak lethargic Christianity has killed us. Gird yourself up with the armor of God and get in line. There's a war going on around us, and it's time to enlist. Get up off the floor and join the war![/color]

Amen! Amen!

2006/10/24 17:45
Dougmore

Re: WAL-MART Joins HOMOSEXUAL AGENDA

And we are surprised? Have we not taken time to see if the merchandise sold in wal-mart supports the sodomite agenda? I know I have not! Just a few weeks back I had a brother tell me that Levis is pro-homo. I for one would be interested in seeing what the manufacturers support. Procter and Gamble has always been loose and has been accused a few times of being pro satan. Again, I do not know that for sure. I heard it back (WWWAAAYYY BACK) in the 90's. Ha!

This will not even phase many conservative believers that produce their own clothing. Just a thought...

In Christ, bro Doug

2006/10/24 18:26Profile

Re: Dougmore

by golly you're right. here's a list from World Net Daily on the 138 "pro-homo" companies that support the "sodomites agenda".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BIZNETDAILY
America's pro-homosexual giants: 2006
List of companies scoring perfect 100 percent from 'gay'-rights group

Posted: September 20, 2006
1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2006 WorldNetDaily.com

Below is the list of companies scoring a perfect 100 percent on the Human Rights Campaign's 2006 Corporate Equality Index, with policies beneficial toward homosexuals:

Adobe Systems

Aetna

Agere Systems

Agilent Technologies

Allianz Life Insurance

Alston & Bird

American Express

AMR Corp. (American Airlines)

Anheuser-Busch

Apple Computer

Arnold & Porter

AT&T

Avaya

Bain & Company

Bank of America

Bausch & Lomb

Bell South

Best Buy

Boeing

BP America

Bright Horizons Family Solutions

Bristol-Myers Squibb

California State Automobile Association

Capital One Financial

Cargill

Carlson Companies

Charles Schwab

Chevron

ChoicePoint

Chubb

CIGNA

Cisco Systems

Citigroup

Clear Channel Communications

Clorox

CMP Media

CNA Insurance

Coca-Cola Company

Consolidated Edison

Coors Brewing

Corning

Credit Suisse First Boston

Cummins

Daimler Chrysler

Dell

Deloitte & Touche USA

Deutsche Bank

Dorsey & Whitney

Dow Chemical

DuPont

Eastman Kodak

Eli Lilly & Co.

Ernst & Young

Estee Lauder Companies

Faegre & Benson

Fannie Mae

Ford Motor Co.

Freescale Semiconductor

Gap Inc.

General Mills

General Motors

GlaxoSmithKline

Global Hyatt

Goldman Sachs Group

Google

Harvard Pilgrim Health Care

Heller Ehrman

Hewitt Associates

Hewlett-Packard

Honeywell International

Hospira

ING North America Insurance

Intel

IBM

Intuit

J.P. Morgan Chase & Co.

Jenner & Block

Johnson & Johnson

Kaiser Permanente

Keyspan

Kimpton Hotel & Restaurant Group

KPMG

Kraft Foods

Lehman Brothers Holdings

Levi Strauss & Co.

Lexmark International

Liz Claiborne

Lucent Technologies

McDermott Will & Emery

McKinsey & Co.

Mellon Financial

Merck & Co.

Merrill Lynch

MetLife

Microsoft

Mitchell Gold and Bob Williams

Morgan Stanley

Morrison & Foerster

Motorola

Nationwide

NCR Corp.

New York Times Co.

Nike

Nixon Peabody

Nordstrom

Northrop Grumman

Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe

Owens Corning

Pepsico

Pfizer

PG&E

Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman

Powell Goldstein

PriceWaterhouseCoopers

Prudential Financial

Raytheon

Replacements

SC Johnson & Son

Schering-Plough

Sears Holdings Corporation

Sempra Energy

Sprint Nextel

Starcom MediaVest

Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

State Street

Sun Microsystems

SunTrust Banks

Tech Data Corp.

The Olivia Companies

US Airways

Viacom

Visa International

Volkswagen of America

Wachovia

Walgreens

Wells Fargo

Whirlpool

Xerox

-------------------------------------------------

well, what do we do now?

2006/10/24 23:34
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Doug.

Grow up.

2006/10/25 0:43Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Running with the pack ...

[b]Barking[/b]

The concrete under your feet, the asphalt that you drive on, the soft drink to quench your thirst and the hamburger you just consumed ...

Too which category of 'sining heathen' will the boycott come next? Stop pumping gas because the attendant is an adulterer? Lock yourself up in the house because your neighbor is obese? Burn your house down because the carpenters were drunkards and then feel guilty because the matches were crafted by hypocrites?

What about the self-righteous, stewing in their [url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=13015&forum=35]pride[/url],
angrily decrying, finger poking the bible, pounding the pulpit and with much an astonishment 'reproving' the congregation, with; [i]We must humble ourselves[/i]! as I bewilderingly came across the other day?

It is amazing the pecking order of sin specific results that grab the attention and are made headlines by professing believers. "Not the point" or perhaps [i]besides[/i] the point, the one thing that goes under, is drowned out by this pack dog mentality, who can even hear above all the racket? Worse, of what real effect is any of this cursing the darkness and howling at the moon doing for the unbelieving world? Think some of us get our kicks in a perverted sense of self importance, bluntly; self-righteousness, and have suffered greatly from short term memory loss;

"Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God."

[i]And such were some of you:[/i]

The point set aside, besides, forgotten. Why go on any further to the rest of the content ...? The things spoken to disciples as the context of the example above is, we are to turn out to the world that has nothing but disdain for an alternative religion, this misrepresentation that goes under the guise of the church and with the failed grasp and audacity to place the Name above every name on it's mantle? If you were once again stripped of the grace and mercy that saved your wretched soul and turned you back out into your own depravity of heart would you give a moments attention to to the verbosity of bitterness that flows so effortlessly from the lips?

There is an astonishing lack of understanding in just the most basic of matters. How do heart questions, spoken in parables or even flatly evade even the so called saints of the Lord? Would some of the things spoken even here be preached if the Lord Himself was in attendance? Dare ye?

Or do we have a pebble for the rebel and a boulder for the homosexual? A skipping stone for the divorcée, a plank in the eye and think that 'our words can never hurt me' ...

What was the great point of the matter of all that the Lord ever said while we are busy out on the peripheral? Need we be re-schooled on just the most preliminary of matters?

Am suspecting that a great deal of lack of conviction is because [b]we[/b] think we can bring it when we can't even take notice of the hypocrisy yet still dwelling in our own make up. Control freaks. High minded. A fake compassion and concern. Opinionated. Loud. Proud. Holier than Thou. Derogatory. Bitter. Defensive. Care more for defending how right we think we are than suffering all the misunderstanding that our Lord suffered and to boot, turn practically everything He ever said on it's head. There is truly something amiss in the likeness to the spirit of the Pharisee cloaked in 'Christian' garb.

If anyone should be throwing rocks, it ought to be the accused, to shut up and scatter the barking dogs. Maybe then they will go and lick their wounds and find some alternative to give to the sin bound souls of men.

2006/10/25 10:20Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re: Running with the pack ...

bro Mike
thank you for that most timely and prophetic word...our own iniquities which God sees condemn us. our lack of action against other things which are by far more common and have done more damage such as adultery, fornication etc kill our witness. anyone who is guilty of anything has no incentive to come to Christ on account of our own hypocracy... how can we hope to ammend the contsitution (for example) to say marriage should be between a man and woman when our own divorce rates is upward of 50%...

God help us indeed.

2006/10/25 10:57Profile
nakedicame

Northern Ireland

Re:

Yes Mike, thank you for that word.

I'm not in any way trying to 'advocate' boycott of certain kinds of people, homosexual, heterosexual, metrosexual, whatever. Convictions are convictions--by which we are accountable to God. In Matthew 6, Jesus is pretty clear about seeking the approval or pedastol of men. Unfortunately, I think we put others down (especially people who struggle with homosexuality) in order to build ourselves up, and that's pride; God's place is to build us up.

If any thoughts were sparked in me at the outset of this topic's original post, they were the thoughts of consistency in values (once again, family values, specifically). Why can't we hate sins of greed as much as we hate sins of immorality? And why do we replace hatred of sin with hatred of people? After all, people are not our enemies, and our fight is not against flesh and blood.

If we're going to boycott, then boycott on the basis of consistency of conviction. Boycott in obedience to the Lord. Don't boycott as a public declaration of war on others (people who God loves just as much as us). Yes, let's grow up.

-Mikael.

2006/10/27 18:55Profile
SONmind

Jacksonville, FL

Re: Wal-mart

What I have to share may not be "revelatory" or "original", but it is from my heart influenced (I pray) by my search after the heart of GOD. This list of corporations should not surprise us, but rather serve as a sobering reminder of our sacred duty, responsibility, and honor to pray earnestly for the souls, hearts, and minds of those blinded in the Church and out to plain TRUTH. If we could get a few of us who would weep between the porch and altar, who rend our hearts and not our garments... most of all for us to be the salt and light we were created to be, perhaps HE may still turn many even in this late hour.

2006/10/27 19:53Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re: Running with the pack ...

Quote:
Burn your house down because the carpenters were drunkards and then feel guilty because the matches were crafted by hypocrites?

Oh man, I almost lost it when I read that! Mike, I laughed out loud - you are so right, brother. This stuff is so infantile, so shallow. Haven't we anything better, more edifying to talk about?

2006/10/27 20:12Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy