Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Peacemaker

Bakersfield, California

Must a Christian Sin

Answer - NO

Will a Christian Sin?

Depends.

Listened to John Piper in Minneapolis this weekend. Slow progressive Sanctification - nearness to God and contentment in him brings him glory - but seems to get there via dwelling on God's bigness and magnitude of sacrifice for us - not enough.

Old man - flesh - natural man - predispostion to sin.

New man - spirit - supernatural - predisposition to righteosness.

Question to myself - Who am I? What I was or what I now am?

Sanctification

Hunger and thirst - Christ manifests - Identify in Him for Your "Self" your multiple oneness of personality in the Trinity - Abide in this truth - Christ forms Himself in all His perfection and holiness in your sanctified self - not in part but in whole - as I walk in fitness for intended purpose - I give God the right to myself - completely - willingly, freely - gladly - God engineers all the haphazard circumstances of my life.

Walk worthily, walk in the spirit, walk in love, walk circumspectly, walk in the light.

I don't flip flop from flesh to spirit - I am in the spirit - I may quench the spirit ( put water on the fire) if I sin - but the fire can burn again.

Baptized with the spirit and with fire.

2006/9/25 1:01Profile

Re: Must a Christian Sin

Quote:
God engineers all the haphazard circumstances of my life.

For our own good.... praise His Name!

Or rather, I'm coming to see that He lets me get into trouble so I can see what was wrong with me that I got there, and He can show that He loves me [i]even[/i] when I go spectacularly wrong.

Getting over one's fear of failure is a pivotal point in spiritual progress, as it seems to mark the beginning of a turning from the carnal mind of adult sophistication to the being-renewed mind of childlikeness towards the Father.

2006/9/25 5:50
GraceAlone

Orlando, Florida

Re:

Quote:
(Romans 6:13-25) Has then what is good become death to me? Certainly not! But sin, that it might appear sin, was producing death in me through what is good, so that sin through the commandment might become exceedingly sinful. 14 For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am carnal, sold under sin. 15 For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do. 16 If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good. 17 But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. 18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. 19 For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. 20 Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.

All I know is that we are not in glory yet. The bible says we will fall into sin when we are being sanctified. The bible also says we will not live in sin (ref 1 John). When we are glorified we will be without our sin nature.

2006/10/2 9:06Profile
dohzman

Re: Must a Christian Sin

Pro 23:17 Let not thy heart envy sinners: but be thou in the fear of the Lord all the day long:

Quote:
I don't flip flop from flesh to spirit

Are you sure?? :-(

2006/10/2 9:29Profile
Peacemaker

Bakersfield, California

Re:

I used to believe this as do most reformed evangelicals. The atonement gave me access, dare I say at-one-ment with the father in Christ. I believe Paul says but you are not in the flesh but in the spirit if it be that the Spirit dwells within you. Since I am in the Spirit Paul encourages me to now walk in the Spirit, in the truth, in the light, in holiness, worthy of the vocation to which I am called, circumspectly. Can I sin - of course - even Jesus was tempted in all ways as I am yet without sin. Adam was in a sinless state and yet capable of sin. Jesus was certainly in the Spirit without measure, and he was capable of sinning. Clearly one can sin in the spirit, and still be in the spirit - ie. HE DOESN'T LEAVE ME. I am secure in His love What shall we say then shall we sin that grace may abound - God forbid. I believe Romans 7 is talking about the inadequacy of the law to overcome sin - with the mind I serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin. I don't believe Paul was calling himself a carnal Christian - just the opposite, he was carnal but now he has the mind of Christ, Christ's holiness is in him. Paul is an afterthought. To him was Christ to die was gain. I am crucified with Christ nevertheless I live, yet not I Christ liveth in me, and the life that I now live I live by the faith of the son of God who loved me and gave himself for me. Who shall save me from this body of sin and death. I praise God in Christ Jesus. There is now no condemnation. :-)

2006/10/22 2:10Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

Quote:
The bible says we will fall into sin when we are being sanctified.

What scripture were you thinking of when you wrote this?

2006/10/22 15:13Profile
GraceAlone

Orlando, Florida

Re:

Not that its a big deal. I just think that the Christian Life is evidence enough. The more we learn about God the more clearly we see the sin in our lives. Not one Christian can claim to have lived a perfect life from the time they were saved. Its clear that we still war against our flesh.

1 Peter 2:11
"Beloved, I beg you as sojourners and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts which war against the soul"

Matthew 19:17
"So He said to him, “Why do you call Me good? No one is good but One, that is, God."

Romans 7:15-25
"15 For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do. 16 If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good. 17 But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. 18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. 19 For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. 20 Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.
21 I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good. 22 For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man. 23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 24 O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25 I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!
So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin."

I mean I don't think that I'm better than Paul. Don't take me wrong, scripture says that if you live in sin (habitually) you've never seen God nor known Him. It also says that he who lives in righteousness (habitually) knows Him. It never says in the scriptures that we can produce perfection still here in our fleshly bodies other than what Christ can produce.

2006/10/22 23:13Profile

Re:

I have so much joy in my heart knowing that through God's grace, I can live the rest of my entire life walking in the beauty of holiness.

There is no greater news then to hear the truth that Jesus Christ can actually take away your actual sin and you can be a new person entirely!

2006/10/23 0:56
daniel-

Germany

Re:

lazarus, are you saying that you will never sin anymore?
just wondering.

2006/10/23 18:45Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

I doubt that any Christian can honestly say they have never sinned since becoming a Christian. What struck me in that comment is that you said that "we WILL fall into sin"

I honestly cannot believe that to be true.

2006/10/23 18:54Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy