SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : A Longing

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Spitfire

A Longing

I guess I just need to write and say, there's such a longing in my heart. I suppose you all are like: Well...Duh. But, it's something so deep and so coming from my gut. I was just riding along in the country today and it felt like I could hear all of creation groaning in travail. Nothing satisfies me. Nothing.

I just have this longing...for God. Just God. Everything else in life just seems so empty. I just want to cry all the time. Quite often, I find myself fighting off tears, in the grocery store, at work, just riding along running the usual errands. I just feel a longing for God. I can't put it to words. It leaves me feeling quite alienated from this world. Most folks just seem satisfied, you know, like...dum de dum dum.

My heart aches. It really bugs me sometimes. This world just seems so foreign.

2006/9/24 18:23Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re: A Longing

I am in a similar state. As I have been reading Ezekiel, and the other Prophets, my soul is beginning to yearn for GOD. It is strange, I have read them before, but now they are so poignant and cutting, and it seems as if they were just written today.
Tears sometimes start to well up in my eyes as I think of the disservice done to GOD's name and HIS SON. I search my heart and cryout "only by you grace Lord", and "how long Oh Lord!!".
Insatiable would not be a fit word, for it is more, words cannot describe it.
I believe GOD is birthing something, and that we are on the edge of something beautiful!

2006/9/24 19:29Profile
Dougmore

Hi Spitfire,

I have had a strange felling for about a month and a half that God is preparing something. When I've prayed to see what it might be I get the same feeling that whatever it is, its going to impact the church. I don't feel that this "thing/things" are going to effect the unsaved as much as it is going to transform the deadness in the body. I think that the Lord may be getting ready to act in the liberal movements and churches. A fire is in my bones for them. I feel pity when I look at my old brethren that are going the path of conformity. I pray that God will cleanse His church.
The only way I can figure that He will do this is through a persecution. I could be vary wrong so put little into what I say. :-(

In Christ, bro Doug

2006/9/24 19:41Profile
roadsign

Re:

Quote:
I just feel a longing for God. I can't put it to words.

And, Dian, I can't think of appropriate words to say in response. Your post is so awesome! It moves me to tears! There is a special fellowship in weeping together with such a desperate longing.

"I spread forth my hands unto thee;
My soul thirsteth after thee,
as a weary land." (King David) Ps. 143: 6

2006/9/24 20:12Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Quote:
This world just seems so foreign.

yes ...

2006/9/24 21:20Profile

Re:

I've been experiencing the same feelings/emotions. It's like something deep inside of me is building and is almost ready to explode. I preached a message sunday morning on "behold how he loved him!" It was out of john chapter 11. As soon as we began to worship, this brokeness came over me that overwhelmed me. I cried like I had lost a loved one. The song director stopped and began to pray, he thought something was wrong. Something was right! I was allowed to get a glimpse into the heart of Jesus. The bible says he was a man of sorrows and aquainted with grief. For the first time I was able to feel a little of what Jesus felt about a world of sin. What a loving, merciful God he is.

To think that he would come and die for such a wrech as I. Behold how he loved US!

J-bird

2006/9/24 21:46
tinluke

New England USA

Re:

All I can say is... Praise God! I know the same longing. I feel like such a stranger, even in Church lately. I love this site because it's a place where the Bride can come together and relate our deepest and most intimate desires for HIM and HIM alone!! Praise God because it's here that I can really see the move of the spirit!!! It's in the hearts of men and women who have no agenda, but just love JESUS with every fiber of their beings.

I left church today feeling so discouraged (as I often do) but I see such hope and glory among the saints here!! Praise God!!

2006/9/24 21:48Profile
Spitfire

Re:

Quote:
As soon as we began to worship, this brokeness came over me that overwhelmed me. I cried like I had lost a loved one.

I have experienced this oft times lately. It is a rush of emotion which comes from somewhere deep inside. I would certainly love to believe that this is true:

Quote:
I have had a strange felling for about a month and a half that God is preparing something.

because sometimes I wonder if I'm going crazy. I've tried to psych myself out of this emotional storm, and it ain't workin'. I've tried everything I know...it only gets worse.

2006/9/24 21:53Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Psalm 42:1
As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.

Psalm 42:7
Deep calleth unto deep at the noise of thy waterspouts: all thy waves and billows are gone over me.

Revelation 22:1
And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb.

BE STILL MY SOUL!

2006/9/24 22:42Profile
linda7

West Sussex, England

Re:

J-bird wrote

Quote:
As soon as we began to worship, this brokeness came over me that overwhelmed me. I cried like I had lost a loved one.....I was allowed to get a glimpse into the heart of Jesus

The Lord led me to read out Eph 6:10-18 on Sunday last but something of God happened and I could not finish. As I got to the putting on of the Christian's armour I was overwhelmed with sobbing and brokenness. I felt as if the Lord was actually present in the words I was speaking.

"Allowed to get a glimpse into the heart of Jesus"...what a wonderful explanation.

Linda

2006/9/25 17:58Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy