SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Judge Roy Moore, one of Gods brave men.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread

Judge Roy Moore, one of Gods brave men.

I'm sure many of you remember the battle for the Ten commandments monument and Judge Roy Moores involvement. For those who missed it I highly recommend you get the dvd "Law of the Land".
In this dvd Roy Moore explains in detail the proper view of Gods Law in our society.

Nutshell conclusion: it's seperation of church and state but not seperation of God from government. This is very important to understand.

Also please read the attached article concering the navy chaplain. I think you will find it very enlightning. God bless, john

www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=52051

2006/9/20 5:57

Re: Judge Roy Moore, one of Gods brave men.

my brother,
Freedom is messy, freedom doesn't always look like we want it to look, and freedom, as described in the constitution, takes in ALL, accounts for all citizens. Some citizens of the U.S. worship Christ, the Messiah, some worship Allah, others Buddha, others don't believe in God at all, and the day that we mandate a civic religion, a nationalistic 'christian' hybrid, is the day we begin the long dark slide into a theocracy, which will devolve into a religious tryanny.

I cannot convey how strongly in the Spirit I feel about this.

No offense intended, but I have always thought that Judge Roy Moore was wrong in his insistence that IN ALABAMA, they erect a monument to the Ten Commandments, as it smacked to me, as idolatry, nationalistic idolatry.

Jesus gave us two commandments to follow, and they should be burned onto and into the heart of every follower of His, not fought in a court OF MAN, to erect an idol to worship as part of a civic religion. I say this in meekness.

Let the statues be of Caesar, of Lincoln and Washington, and of the war dead, the Wall in the DC, the monument to those who served in Korea, you don't take the Holy Things of God and make a "pole" of them.

Israel had a theocracy way back when, look how it devolved, look how it was destroyed. islam has a theocracy now, in Iran, look at the depravity of it, the barreness, the hatred, the dark defiled speech of its leaders.

You see it every day, every car bomb, every shaheed, done in the name of allah, the blood, the body parts, the children ripped apart, and the last words of these "brave men of allah" is "god is great!"

WOE!!

If one marries the governments of this fallen world, with the Body of Christ, that is the "abomination that causes desolation", I see this more clearly than I have ever seen anything in my life.

That is why I have always had a problem with Judge Roy Moores, principled, yet wrong headed stand on erecting an idol.

I send my thoughts and my prayers and my love to you in that far off frontier, may God shield you and protect you and the other boys and girls in Iraq, and I pray that you don't misconstrue what I just wrote you.

lovingly in Jesus', bartle

2006/9/22 12:40

Re:

The monument was not meant to mandate a civic religion but rather to remind and teach that our laws are based upon God's laws. All around the monument was were quotes from founding fathers etc. affirming this.

I don't see how you can say this is an Idol. An idol is primarily something that is worship and called upon.

Saying that we mandate a civic religion will begin the slide towards tyranny/theocracy is not necessarly the result.

Not acknowleding God, removing him and themention of him from public life is your road to tyranny. I respectfully say you have it backwards.

I hope we can continue to work this thread. I think this is a healthy and necessary discussion.
God bless, John

2006/9/22 23:35
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

bro Thingsabove

Quote:
I don't see how you can say this is an Idol. An idol is primarily something that is worship and called upon.

an idol is something, anything that takes precedence over God in our lives. i remember when the whole drama about this started and in seeking our Lord on it, i learned something. if we want to have such monuments then that is well and good, but what good is it if the laws of God are not written on our hearts? People raised a big stink over this but i wonder how many of them had these laws written on their own hearts. to me that is the bigger issue. when we get upset over such, have we expended the same amount of resource in seeing God bring to fruition His glory in us? i'll tell you straight up, i don't care if they get rid of every monument, 10 commandments or whatever, if it is not written on our hearts it doesn't matter, God's not going to be looking for any monument but rather what is on our hearts.

Quote:
Saying that we mandate a civic religion will begin the slide towards tyranny/theocracy is not necessarly the result.

what nation has had a theocracy which has ever been free from tyranny? although democracy itself is going to fail a proper theocracy without tyranny will only come during the 1000 yr reign of Christ.

Quote:
Not acknowleding God, removing him and themention of him from public life is your road to tyranny. I respectfully say you have it backwards.

This is true also, the fact is that any sort of government on this side will ultimately fail, theocracy or not (save for the one Christ will establish) God is the only sure governer who can't be bribed or otherwise be moved to do anything than what is right.

2006/9/23 0:45Profile

Re: John

Quote:

History shows otherwise.

Jesus was very specific in His condemnation of the outward displays of hearchial theocratic rule, the Pharisee's,the Sanhedrin which I would venture to say were the theocracy lite of Israel during the Pax Romana, and Jesus piled it on, saying how their public CIVIC displays of religion were just show, their prayers were public and flowery, they cherished the postions and power that theocratical rule gave them, the limited power the romans allowed, they devoured widows house, they had a deal set up with Corban, whereas a young man could snake out of the Godly requirement of caring for parents, AND I believe they led the nation into disaster by encouraging the zealots, envoking the ire of Rome and the destruction of the Temple. Barrabas was a guerilla leader. It's bad business.

When people say to me, "God's been taken out of public life", that happened eons ago. What do most people do in the evenings?

watch television and most of that is mind-numbingly cruel callow and worshipful of money and riches, its just garbage. But lets say we get together and say, "we're followers of Jesus and we don't want that filth broadcast over the airways and I want to start by banning "American Idol"......people would scream! Advertisers would scream, "oh the money lost", "our freedoms taken away because Godly people are righteously incensed about out filth pouring over the airwaves!!"

Do you see? freedom is messy, and there's a lot of stuff out there that a believer would find offensive. i think "American Idol" is filth, all the rest of that stuff, the poker tournaments, the world wide world of wrestling , or whatever its called, its all filth, and I say we get rid of it.

Is that freedom, is that America?

Jesus is power under, not power over, the Ten Commandments, or Two, as Jesus said, are emblazoned on our hearts, not marble. as far the founding fathers, I don't even want to go there this second as i have been reading too many accounts of African slaves tortured and raped during the period 1720 to 1865, and most of the founding fathers kept slaves, all the while writing high and mighty words of freedom. Thats hurts so bad, coz I realize what a tragically flawed foundation we built on.

Nothing personal, what Judge Roy Moore did was politics, plain and simple. here you have a judge from Alabama, the state that brought you, George Wallace, Bull Connor and only God knows how many lynched black men, pandering to a very specific demographic by "fighting the good fight" to "acknowledge" God.

If Judge Roy Moore of Alabama wanted to acknowledge God, he would have found the nastiest dirtiest black streetperson, in that square and asked, "sir, In Jesus Name I would like to wash your feet, cause I love you as He loves you".

Now THAT would have made news, coz it would be a display of power under, Jesus,and not power over, which is politics.

I could write so much more on this but I'm tired.

God bless you, keep your kevlar on, bartle

2006/9/23 0:47

Re:

Firts I will reply that the "Primary" way that God is acknowledged and his spirit has the greatest inpact on society is through revival! A simple example would be that often in a true complete revival bars and the like shutdown. Not becuase the christians outlawed them that day but rather nobody showed up! That is always the best way when people are alive to God they don't want bars, Godless tv, criminality and all the rest.
Then afterword there will possibly be passed new laws that would reflect the rightousness.

Bartle have you read Light and the Glory and Sea to shining sea" by Peter Marshall. This and other material helps to balance out the founding fathers were all a bunch of hypocrites claim.

Also Ironman and Bartle have you watched the roy moore video?? "Law of the Land"

You said it freedom is messy and the maintaining of that freedom, WHICH IS ESTABLISHED IN LAW,is sometimes messy and controversial.

Does the fruit of rebellion against God not move you to tears? When you look around at all the decadence and destroyed lives are you not moved to say something? Oh I'm sure you are to a degree as am I. But we find our counrty in it's current state because we have forgotten our God who "establishes nations".

I have to go for now. God bless, John

2006/9/23 1:06
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

haven't watched the video, is it on youtube or can you get me a wmv of it?

like i said bro, my thing is that if the laws aren't on our hearts, it really makes no difference if we build the biggest baddest/best monument ever. without some sort of display of these things in our lives, no lives can be touched.

2006/9/23 1:14Profile

Re:

To find the video go to www.visionforum.com then in the "search" box type in "law of the land" it wil then take you there the vhs or dvd is available.

Also www.moralaw.org is roy moore website

God bless, John

2006/9/23 1:59

Re:

Another amazing thing is the amount of scripture that Roy Moore has memorized and quotes during this teaching. Truly impressive and inspiring

2006/9/23 6:04
boomatt

fredericksburg, Virginia

Re:

Thingsabove,

Roy Moore is an incredible man of God. We need to stand up to the liberals trying to change every law around to fit thier Theology i.e. Abortion, gay marriage, no christian monumnents. Well, to change all of our countries displays of our Christian heritage, then we will have to change most of the monuments in Washington. Our country was founded upon hard working Christian men, God blessed us because of our hard work, and our dedication to his word.

2006/9/23 9:21Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy