SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : LAMB or LION?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
hmmhmm

Sweden

LAMB or LION?

Jesus is mentioned both as lion and a lamb, there are times for both... jesus was as a lamb many times...but also as a lion... Often we christians become lambs when we need to be as lions... and the times we need to be as a lamb.. we are lions.

i struggle often whit this... in my house against my wife i should be more like a lamb...

and when out in the world i should stand up for jesus more as a lion

often it has been the other way around....

lord help me

christian

2006/9/19 11:59Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

Re: LAMB or LION?

Quote:

hmmhmm wrote:
Jesus is mentioned both as lion and a lamb, there are times for both... jesus was as a lamb many times...but also as a lion... Often we christians become lambs when we need to be as lions... and the times we need to be as a lamb.. we are lions.

i struggle often whit this... in my house against my wife i should be more like a lamb...

often it has been the other way around....

lord help me

christian

I can totally relate.

2006/9/19 12:29Profile

Re: LAMB or LION?

He was a Lamb mainly from the standpoint of being sacrificed for our sin's.

He was a lion mainly that he proclaimed the whole counsel of God to men and he was no respecter of persons.

We are called to be wise as serpents, gentle as doves. Yea for me the gentle as a dove can be a challenge and I;m only about half as wise as a serpent sometimes.

But alas we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us!! God bless, John

2006/9/19 12:45
roadsign

Re: lamb, dove, snake, lion....

Another great thought, Christian.

I know for sure that we are called to be as lambs (sheep) “For YOUR sake we are face death all day long. We are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.” Rom. 8:36

A lion is the king of the jungle. Jesus, the lion of Judah, is King of the world. I don’t know where in the Bible we are called to be as lions. We are never called to assert our power and dominance over another (like a lion) in order to ‘win” them to our side. Others are never our prey.

Quote:
in my house against my wife i should be more like a lamb...

Really? Should we be different in our house than outside our house? I fear that’s what some believe. When evangelizing they treat the pagans much more harshly than they treat their spouses or children.

But, yea, we can be quite lionish with our kids and loved ones. (To our shame!)

Can a lamb not bleat - ie talk -- ie speak the truth of the gospel and still remain lambish?

Here’s some more animal imagery:

“Be as shrewd as snakes, but as innocent as doves.” Mtt 10:16

Go ahead, be like a snake, but like a lion? ……… mmmmmmmm, well, if you insist. .... But I might run away and hide.

Diane

2006/9/19 12:50Profile
Chi

Re:

Ia He was called and is the Lion of the Tribe of Judah – and he was and is the Lamb of God, the Lamb because he was the perfect sacrifice, with no blemishes and no spots, free of sin.

Lion when speaking truth Lion when angry and lamb when facing the cross.

Wise as a serpent and gentle as a dove.

2006/9/19 13:35Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

king of the who?

sis diane

Quote:
A lion is the king of the jungle. Jesus, the lion of Judah, is King of the world. I don’t know where in the Bible we are called to be as lions. We are never called to assert our power and dominance over another (like a lion) in order to ‘win” them to our side. Others are never our prey.

as an African i always wonder why westerners (or at least most i have encountered) think the lion is the king of hte jungle. the tiger is actually the king of the jungle since it is his natural habitat. lions live mainly in grassland plains and sometimes semi-arid to arid areas and on the edge of deserts. the lion however is the king of beasts, even over the tiger. :-P :smart:

enough zoology trivia.

perhaps to be as a lion which shows the royalty of God has little to do with anger. i'm a creation buff (don't do nature, it takes attention away from God's creative hand...) so in watching all these shows and seeing a lion or two i've observed that they are rarely angy. when they defend what is theirs they rarely have to come to blows (so to speak)most of the time a roar from one of the males is enough to dissuade most would-be threats. unless a solitary lion is found sick and wounded, no other animal will fool with it. it seems to me lions have no enemies, every other animals naturally gives them wide berth simply because they are lions. perhaps from a Christian standpoint what we ought to show forth is the royalty of God and the might of that testimony will dissuade any would-be threats to the gospel? perhaps if we did the things we ought to do, people would take us more seriously?

just a thought

2006/9/19 17:38Profile
mamaluk

Re: king of the who?

"perhaps from a Christian standpoint what we ought to show forth is the [b]royalty of God[/b] and the might of that testimony will dissuade any would-be threats to the gospel? perhaps if we did the things we ought to do, people would take us more seriously?"

The royalty of God, how much ignored in our time !! :(

Well said, Ironman

2006/9/19 17:56Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

well i know that from watching nature programs....that when the lion roars you can hear it very long distances, no other animal can roar that high, and i know no animal drives of the lion from its teritory,
i think this verse is strange and mysteios, it shows both natures....but its like ohh look a lion! and i saw a lamb...

Rev 5:4 And I wept much, because no man was found worthy to open and to read the book, neither to look thereon.
Rev 5:5 And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Juda, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.
Rev 5:6 And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

christian

2006/9/19 23:20Profile
roadsign

Re: get the truth from the source!

Quote:
when the lion roars you can hear it very long distances,

this would be quite consistent with our Lord. His roar covers the earth! It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.
Quote:
they are rarely angry

Maybe they don’t need to because they know who they are.

Quote:
as an African i always wonder why westerners (or at least most i have encountered) think the lion is the king of hte jungle. the tiger is actually the king of the jungle

Ironman, I appreciate your little nature lesson. I admit, I received most of my “information” from fables -- but you, from the authentic source. (something to be said here for the way spiritual beliefs get passed on). Just wondering, What country are you from?

Diane

2006/9/20 8:03Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

hey sis Diane

Quote:
Maybe they don’t need to because they know who they are

that's right, their very presence is simply enough to dissuade any would-be attacker and so in the wild they are given wide berth, except by people who film them! :-P

Quote:
Ironman, I appreciate your little nature lesson. I admit, I received most of my “information” from fables -- but you, from the authentic source. (something to be said here for the way spiritual beliefs get passed on). Just wondering, What country are you from?

oh ok now i see, it is from fables you got this info. i'm from ZImbabwe and i remember always having a fascination with animals from when i was young. i found myself reading encyclopaedias and learning all sorts of info on animals. i feel God placed that inquisitiveness in me for His own purposes. i am fascinated by creation in that through it the invisibale qualities of God are revealed as Paul writes in Romans. all of a sudden that scripture comes alive. in this instance God's simply being God is enough to convict anyone, the lion need not roar to keep other animals away, they know to give them wide berth, but when he does, who shall not fear? you know when you mentioned about authenticity especially as it pertains to spiritual things, the heaviness of that is coming into view. for the most part we are content to accept whatever from whoever without checking with the Master first. i pray our Lord teach us diligence in that regard so we do not go astray. AMEN.

2006/9/20 11:00Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy