SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : It's not always done with throwing scriptures

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
daniel-

Germany

It's not always done with throwing scriptures

Hi,

i just wanted to share a little testimony about something the lord recently showed me.
Well, i have a friend, a genuine christian who is in relationship with an unsaved girl.

We all know that this is wrong.
So i already searched my scriptures with verses
i could go to him and tell him.
I really wanted to do it in love.
You know.."dont be unequally yoked" etc..

But then it came to pass that i heard something about the girl he is in relationship with..
she had a very hard life, her grandparents died 4 years ago..and since then she is suffering from borderline syndrome and depression.

God showed me powerfully that it is not always done with just throwing scriptures without knowing the background story.
Well, the lord really lead this thing and through several little circumstances i got to know her a little better.
I, myself suffered and still do a bit from depression and i have something to say about this..
She is really interested and i have the chance now to tell her about christ!

Please pray for wisdom to deal with this situation.

Daniel

2006/9/18 10:31Profile
allhavsinned

North West England

Re: It's not always done with throwing scriptures

My story is similar, I went out with a girl who wasn't a Christian, but because of her past, she was very introverted. I knew at the beginning of our relationship that I had the power to lead her any direction I wanted.
I chose to lead her to Christ.

She became the Lord's and later became my wife.

We've been hapily married for 17 years now, and our faith is growing stronger, last week she streetpreached for the first time!

Although I would not normally encourage a Christian to go out with a non Christian, I would, like you have found, be open to the leading of the Lord, He can see the end from the beginning.

2006/9/18 12:03Profile
daniel-

Germany

Re:

Hi,

thanks for your testimony.
I dont want to encourage him to go out with her.
They are in relationship for 2 years now.
Normally i would go to the christian part of the relationship and encourage him to seek gods will in this.
When i know the people and the background.
We can be quick judging.

But as i wrote, god literally "stopped" me and showed me another way in this particular situation.
We will see what happens.

daniel

2006/9/18 12:07Profile

allhavesinned said

Quote:
I had the power to lead her any direction I wanted.
I chose to lead her to Christ.

...He can see the end from the beginning.

Amen. And the Lord blessed your integrity.

I know a similar story, of a Christian woman who led her prospective husband to the Lord.

2006/9/18 14:18
Scroggins

Dallas, TX

Love is the most overpowering and reforming experience that has ever graced the knowledge of man's heart. The love of GOD, our Father, is even more so encompassing.

Praise the Lord our GOD, Jesus Christ, creator of all. HIS love came and conquered so that all has been won, and all could be done.

2006/9/18 15:59Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy