SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Food for the addict!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
katdan

Missouri

Food for the addict!

We have a CD ministry, I burn music and a message to match the persons situation I need some sermons by speakers that would touch people with serious addiction problems crack cocaine is what we deal with most. I would love to find a speaker who talks on a level they could relate to.Could the saints pray on this and give any speakers names here on SI. I charge nothing for these CD's is it legal to copy sermons and music to give away? Thank you please keep us in your prayers Kat

2006/9/17 9:09Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Food for the addict!

Hi katdan,

Quote:
I charge nothing for these CD's is it legal to copy sermons and music to give away?

Absolutely! [i] freely ye have received, freely give[/i]

Try searching through these for starters;

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?op=&cid=27]David Wilkerson[/url]

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=123]Carter Conlon[/url]

2006/9/17 10:17Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: Food for the addict!

Greetings Katdan :-)

When I read your request I thought of the testimony of Nicky Cruz

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=4411]Nicky Cruz Testimony[/url]

This is the description for the message:

[i]This is one of the most powerful testimonies of our modern age. Nicky Cruz, a hardened violent street kid in New York City and leader of the dreaded Mau Mau gang, encounters Jesus Christ and experiences a radical change in his once dark and hopeless life. This is his story, his progression from unloved child to being alone on the streets of NY, to gang leader and then meeting David Wilkerson, and finally, being apprehended by the Lord Jesus Christ who wrought a powerful and amazing conversion in his heart. A must hear! [/i]

Also, you may find something helpfull from the testimony and ministry of Jackie Pullinger.

You can find the testimony here

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/viewcat.php?cid=117]Jackie Pullinger[/url]

Although the testimony is in 11 parts, it's not too long together and I think it's worth listening through. From what I remember, she ministered in Hong Kong, in a place called [i] the walled city[/i] which by her descriptions of it was not a very nice place. She talks about the ministry there to the drug addicted, prostitutes and gang members.

I hope these will be helpfull and I pray that God will be honored by these things.

[b] Oh that men would praise the Lord for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men![/b]

2006/9/17 10:57Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Food for the addict!

Kat,

I would like to share a testimony of a client I had one time at the CPC where I volunteered for many years.

Yolanda was a crack addict who came to us for help. And this is what she told me:
She had been in a several programs to help her kick the habit with limited success - mostly failures. Then one day she came to the LORD who delivered her from her addiction. As long as she stayed close to God there was no problem. As time went on and things were going well for her, she got careless and before too long was right back to where she had been before.

This was the last time I saw her....but she has been in my mind a lot since.

I do not know whether this will inspire you..just thought I would share it.

ginnyrose

2006/9/18 23:57Profile
katdan

Missouri

Re:

GinnyRose, Is this not true for all if we walk in the spirit we can overcome anything the enemy throws at us but when we start to walk in the flesh we fall prey to the snares. I believe the substance abuse is not where Jesus wants us to be but I think the root cause is why we as a dog returns to his vomit return to a self destructive habit the word says it is not what we take in that defiles us but what is in the heart Jesus says the word will not return void. We may not see the seed but it is still planted none the less.Each of us that repent from sin are givin to Jesus as his inheitance and the good shepard will not lose one of his sheep when the Father gives Jesus charge over the saved he will not fail in the task.We as sinners have all failed and fell short of the mark.We do not understand Gods holy plan but my heart tells me it is not what I as a christian was taught but a far more grand plan that was ordained before the world was created The only thing we have any control over is our faith When the true Love pierces us we are in the potters hands and he molds us in many different ways the Love is the key Let us pray as two believers that Yolondas faith will fail her not and that our faith will fail us not. God bless you and keep you -Kat

2006/9/19 23:48Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

I highly encourage you to make copies of this testimony of Milton Green for the people you hand out these resources to:

[b](The Church In The Last Days) Personal Testimony[/b]
https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=12652

[b]Description:[/b] Milton Green shares his personal testimony of being in the darkness away from God and being brought to the light. This testimony is a testimony of Grace! the marvelous freedom that Jesus Christ brings us into by his death and resurrection from the cross. A Powerful story of a transformed life.

2006/9/19 23:52Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Kat,
I agree.

My answer to those who think they see little results of ministry is this: it may take 1000 encounters before this person will 'see the Light' and respond to it, but each and every one of these encounters is equally important to bring that person to the LORD. And we do not want to be in a position where we fail in that encounter.

Another word about Yolanda: she looked real bad, I mean bad...looked like a walking skelton because of drug abuse. But her looks belied her sensitivity to things of God. Those of us who counseled her in the past all had an abiding affection for her.

Thanks for praying for her.

ginnyrose

2006/9/21 16:06Profile
Santana

Re:

I don't know where you could find this but it's very powerful when it comes to drug addiction.

[i]Casting out unclean spirits[/i] by David Wilkerson

2006/9/21 20:21Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy