SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Looking for book suggestions for 19yo prodigal

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
beenblake

Tennessee, USA

Re: Looking for book suggestions for 19yo prodigal

Quote:
please pray for my prodigal. His name is Daniel.

Do more of this. Continue to pray endlessly. Devote time each day to praying just for this. Ask everyone you know to pray for him. Place your son into the hands of Christ, as an offering, and let go. As a mother, it is probably the most difficult thing to do. However, you must give your son to Christ, and put your faith in Jesus. Letting go means you stop trying to control the situation and let Christ work. This means you persistently seek Him to answer your prayer and do not rely on yourself.

Luke 11:5-9 (NAS)
Then He said to them, "Suppose one of you has a friend, and goes to him at midnight and says to him, `Friend, lend me three loaves; for a friend of mine has come to me from a journey, and I have nothing to set before him'; and from inside he answers and says, `Do not bother me; the door has already been shut and my children and I are in bed; I cannot get up and give you anything.' "I tell you, even though he will not get up and give him anything because he is his friend, yet because of his persistence he will get up and give him as much as he needs. So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you."

Also, when I first read your post, this thought came to mind: "Pray that the Lord will bring a person into his life through which God can speak to your son."

Lastly, I will pray for you and your son. I know your heart must be torn apart waiting and watching. Just remember, the Lord's heart is crying even moreso than yours.

In love,
Blake

2006/9/22 11:07Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy