Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : The Rapture

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Revolution

Edge of Sodom

The Rapture

It is going to happen son. You can see the events starting to unfold beore our eyes just as Jesus Christ said it would. So are you ready or will you be let behind? From: :-o

[url="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=7344860031450026981&hl=en">]The Rapture[/url]

2006/9/16 10:37Profile
Dougmore

Re: The Rapture

True that!

Your right Revolution its soon. I expect it at any time. Listen to this fulfillment of Matthew 24:7 concerning earthquakes...

14th century 157
15th 174
16th 253
17th 278
18th 640
19th 2,119
20th 900,000 or one every hour!

These quakes are so high in number now that surely we are at the end.

Maranatha!

bro Doug

(Note: Not sure if this part is correct. These are quakes that killed at least 10,000 people.)

2006/9/16 11:09Profile

Re: Rapture

Quote:
20th 900,000 or one every hour!

Might this perception be a reflection of more sensitive instrumentation placed all over the globe?

Please do not read into my question, that I don't appreciate we are all aware of more earthquakes. It's just that we may not have been counting them properly. That's all.

2006/9/16 16:12
Dougmore

Re:

Dorcas,

Where I got this info from gave a little more to this statistic than that. These are quakes that killed 10,000 or more people. I cant say 100% that this is infallible but I'm sure it could be checked out. I didn't post it at first but maybe I should have.

bro Doug

2006/9/16 16:37Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

the end?

bro doug
i took a look at the scripture which you quoted concerning the earthquakes.i would not say that the rapture is at hand because of this because the scriptures go on to say :

from Matt 27:

[b]6 And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.[/b]

This is the scripture you quoted, the word goes on to say:

[b]8 All these are the beginning of sorrows. 9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake. 10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another. 11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many. 12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. 13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. 14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. 15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:) 16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:[/b]

how then can the rapture be close if we are only at the beginning of sorrows? it seems to me we have to first be handed over to affliction and be hated of all nations for Christ's name and so on. Then Christ goes on to say:

[b]15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:) 16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains: [/b]

This abomination which causes desolation is mentioned in daniel and has to do with the antichrist defiling the temple. the way Christ i stalking, it seems like there will be some saints here at that time. brethren i pray we are not looking to the rapture as a means of escaping any sort of harships in Christ. Paul tells us that to share in the sufferings of Christ is to share in His glory and we can't dodge that. i fear we have been infected with an escapism mentality and ultimately when we find ourselves in the thick of persectution with no rapture at hand, many will forsake the faith to escape the hardship.

is the Church ready to be raptured in this state? are without spot or wrinkle? that is the sort of Church Christ is coming for. if we are honest with ourselves we will see that we are in need of Repentance. if we are in need of repentance, we are not ready to be raptured out of here. brethren we need to fall on our faces and repent or we will perish.

2006/9/16 17:30Profile
lamuskrat

Gonzales, La

Re: the end?

Let us not get the rapture and the second coming confused. There is NOTHING that remains to come to pass for the rapture of the bride, but there is some things remaining for the second coming to take place. One is a "stealing away" (Jewish wedding custom), unannounced, the other is a return and presentation of the Bride.

If one was to study a traditional jewish wedding, some of this is explained and the sequence of events becomes clearer. The whole salvation plan from the BEGINNING is explained.

2006/9/23 18:53Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

Tradition or not, we must base our understanding of these things on Scripture only. Jesus rebuked the Scribes for teaching mens' tradition as God's Word. It is dangerous to believe something just because it is popular.
With that said, I would like for someone to show me aside from daniel 9:27 where this idea of a 7 year "tribulation" period is found in the Bible. Not in conjecture or speculation, but in Scripture only.
I do not believe that a pre-trib rapture is plausible nor taught by the New Testament. Paul encouraged Timothy and Titus to do things in light of the "appearing" of Jesus, not in light of the "rapture" of the Church.
Also evry instance of the word "tribulation" applies to something the people of GOD go through, and I have yet to see anything that says "the great tribulation".
I say these things as a brother, and also as one who was a very staunch arrogant Pre-trib defender. But once I put aside the teachings of men and looked only at Scripture I could not hold that view any longer.
Either way, may all of HIS blessings and goodnes fill your heart this day. :-D

2006/9/23 19:33Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

bro Roaringlamb

Quote:
With that said, I would like for someone to show me aside from daniel 9:27 where this idea of a 7 year "tribulation" period is found in the Bible. Not in conjecture or speculation, but in Scripture only.

this prompted me to do some moe digging and i ound this in matthew 2

[b]15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:) 16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains: 17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house: 18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes. 19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days! 20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day: 21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.[/b]

Evidently what daniel spoke of in daniel 9 is repeated again in daniel 11 and 12 concerning the abomination which causes desolation which is yet to come to pass fully. the beast has yet to set himself up to be worshipped as God in the new temple wherein he shall defile it, perhaps like antiochus epiphanes did by sacrificing a pig on the altar. anyway in Rev 11 the word speaks of the 2 witnesses preaching during the 42 months in which the gentiles will trample the Holy City which is half of 7 years. now the beast will arise and kill them and people will be happy etc but then the 7th angels sounds his trumpet...The word speaks about the casting out of satan in the following chapter but then in chapt 13 that beast which rises out of the ocean shows up. now although the beast which kills the 2 witnesses comes out of the pit and this one from the sea, they are both working for the enemy. now the word then goes on to say that he blasphemed God for 42 months after the 42 months in which the witnesses were here hence the 84 months which is 7 yrs. all the while the judgments of God are poured out and this latter 42 months has even more intense judgements added onto the previous ones hence the common term great tribulation. in this time antichrist will seek to be worhipped as God and if one doesn't, he dies.

Quote:
Also evry instance of the word "tribulation" applies to something the people of GOD go through, and I have yet to see anything that says "the great tribulation".

indeed, Christ spoke of there being great tribulation unlike at any other time and that the days were cut short for the sake of the elect, that says to me that the elect are here in those days because if they weren't there would be no nee d to cut those days short.

Quote:
I say these things as a brother, and also as one who was a very staunch arrogant Pre-trib defender. But once I put aside the teachings of men and looked only at Scripture I could not hold that view any longer.

the idea of being raptured pre-trib seems to me like that will be a part of the great falling away. people will believe a lie and be disappointed when things get hard and then jump ship. i know i'll be here but best of all, God's grace will be sufficient for ALL His saints either way.

2006/9/25 13:37Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

Quote:
15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:) 16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains: 17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house: 18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes. 19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days! 20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day: 21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

Now, I am not preterist by any means, but historically did this not happen in 70 AD? Why else would Jesus be warning those "in Judea".
Also it is interesting to read just what Titus and his army did to the Temple.
Quote:
"On August the 10th, 70 AD the Temple was set on fire. And at the very juncture of its dissolution, even while it was in flames, the Roman Soldiers set up on the battlements of the outer wall thereof “the abomination of desolation” spoken of by Daniel the prophet. viz. the Standards of their Legions under which they now made desolation and therefore said to be the abomination of desolation, as every Standard had painted on it the image of the “Tutelar” (Guardian) God of that Legion; to which the Romans sacrificed after their idolatrous manner as they stood erected upon the Holy Place.” (A Chronological Treatise upon the 70 weeks of Daniel by Benjamin Marshall which was published in 1728 AD) "

It is interesting that nowhere is it really spelled out in the New Testament that there will be a & year tribulation, in which the antichrist will rise to power yadda yadda yadda.
I am just thankful for being able to be a Child of GOD, and sometimes have to resolve myself to understanding that we may not ever have every I dotted and every T crossed. It just seems that the pre-trib idea (in my view) is stretching Scripture and adding to, and taking away from the Book of books.
Blessings to you Bro Ironman

2006/9/25 13:51Profile
IRONMAN

Re:

bro Roaringlamb

Quote:
Now, I am not preterist by any means, but historically did this not happen in 70 AD? Why else would Jesus be warning those "in Judea".

Judea has not ceased to exist, it may have another name now but there is no reason for Christ to call Judea by any other name.

Quote:
It is interesting that nowhere is it really spelled out in the New Testament that there will be a & year tribulation, in which the antichrist will rise to power yadda yadda yadda.

bro you are right it is not written explicitly but in my last post in which i wrote of the 42 months in which the 2 witnesses will be here and then the 42 months in which the beast will be blaspheming God, these are the 7 yrs in question.not only that but Christ spoke of that tribulation which will be worse than any before or since whose days have been cut short for our sake as the elect. now antichrist is the man whose name is signified by 666 and in revelation 13 he is mentioned and it seems to me that he is in power because he causes men great and small to take his mark upon themselves and noone can buy or sell without it. seems powerful to me.

at any rate we are God's children and He will sort us out. one of us is wrong and may our God correct whichever one it is to His glory.

2006/9/25 15:48Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy