Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Re discussion about CCM

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
Valadar

South Africa

Re discussion about CCM

Hi to all my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ. Its been a while. I am finding this post very interesting and very enlightening to read. I personally do not think anymore that you can give God glory through music mixed with the world because in doing that you are offering something unclean to the Lord. I believe the worship we offer God must be set apart from the world. I used to believe that it didn't matter what "christain music" a christian listened to, because God looks on the heart and not on the outside. Until a fellow brother of mine named Gavin told me about the dangers of offering the Lord such music. He told me as it says in Genesis that every seed yields after its own kind. If this is true then music that was concieved in rebellion such as rock cannot be acceptable to the Lord, because of his holiness. Also he pointed out in the Word when Ahab(I think) and another priest can remember his name) offered strange fire before the Lord and the Lord caused the earth to swollow them. Now to me this is pretty clean that if we offer such music before the Lord that he will not accept in because of the holiness of His character. Though I do believe the Lord grants mercy and grace to those who worship him in an ignorant manner. But I do not believe anymore, that he accepts it.

Also I did my own study into this and found out some interesting facts, did you know that the melody is supposed to complement the lyrics?above all else, whatever the music/worship offered to the Lord, should bring out the truth of His Glorious Charater in all respects.
(His Holiness, His grace, His lovliness

Blessings to you all in Christ
Craig
:-D

2006/9/16 9:06Profile
Dougmore

Re: Re discussion about CCM

Hi bro Craig,

I agree with your post and must say that I left CCM not to long ago. To be honest, a cappella has to be the most balanced, (melody/lyrics) than any other form of music. I highly recommend it.

www.alterofpraise.com has some really good artists on there.

bro Doug

2006/9/16 11:02Profile

Re:

The language of the rock beat music is, "Do what you want to do."

2006/9/19 12:53

Re:

All types of music are used by the world, so what 'genre' shall we call it should be used in church then?

You have really opened a can of worms, a can that has been opened too many times I think, and never concluded.

2006/9/19 13:00
xMicahx

NC

Re:

It's hard. What do we use in church? Some churches use the hymns and can truely worship. I've seen others that do and it's so dry; people just sing the words while their hearts and minds are somewhere else. On the other hand a lot of contemporary services seem to be more free in worship, some allow people to dance before their Lord, sit in awe of His holiness. But, they can appeal more to the flesh...then again so can hymns.

I once heard a quote and I'm reluctant to mention it because I cant remember the person or the exact quote but in essence the man was criticizing the worldy worship music used in church. The only catch was, this man made his statement hundreds of years ago refuting the very same hymns we hold dearly to as holy, anointed, and godly worship.

There is really good, doctrinally correct ccm music out there, and not all our hymns we sing are correct anyway. Take "away in the manger" for instance, "no crying He makes?" Where in the Bible does it say Jesus never cried as an infant? I know He cried durring His ministry though.

Psalm 33:3 Sing unto him a new song; play skilfully with a loud noise.

Psa 98:4 Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all the earth: make a loud noise, and rejoice, and sing praise.
Psa 98:5 Sing unto the LORD with the harp; with the harp, and the voice of a psalm.
Psa 98:6 With trumpets and sound of cornet make a joyful noise before the LORD, the King.
Psa 98:7 Let the sea roar, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.
Psa 98:8 Let the floods clap their hands: let the hills be joyful together

I dont know...I just want to worship my Lord and Savior because He is worthy to be worshiped. He is worthy to recieve Glory, and i'm going to try my hardest not to get stuck in a rut. I'm not going to let someone cheapen the already dirty rags i have to offer Him in worship. It's not much but its all I have, and when my heart is there for the right reasons and i'm caught up in His presence, I know He delights in it; no matter what earthly words i use or music I play...David played the music of his times and the Lord delighted in it.

2006/9/19 13:33Profile
Jacob19

Re:

You are right in saying that sometimes hymns are kind of dry, depending on if the spirit comes or not. The reason that modern worship is hardly ever dry is because it is so full of emotionalism, the guitar solos, the keyboards, and so on. We are to worship in SPIRIT and in truth. Most of our worship today is in SOUL and sometimes truth. Also I agree with Keith Daniel when he says "Entertainment in the house of God is SIN!"

2006/9/19 20:39Profile
xMicahx

NC

Re:

Yeah, but I think worship should be emotional- just like prayer. When I am worshiping in spirit and in truth and I have that connection with God...When I get that glimpse of His holiness and I see my current state, I will get emotional. And yes, when I'm leading worship, I can appeal to everyone's emotions with the music. I could probably put most of them on their knees or get them jumping, but I won't make the worship happen. I don't think the question should be about the type of music or the instruments. I mean, God can take the worst things and make them good. He changes us from glory to glory, that's His heart. The question is, are you going to worship in spirit and in truth for all God deserves or are you going to judge in your own heart and miss an opportunity to worship God. If we miss even a minute...it's gone, that chance to adore Jesus, wasted. Let God judge. I think as long as we worship to the level of our spiritual maturity, glorify God the best we can, and have a heart like David's...It'll be ok. I promise, the Kingdom of God will not fall if a ccm song is used to worship.

2006/9/19 23:14Profile

Re:

Quote:

'Yeah, but I think worship should be emotional- just like prayer.'

Careful, now. It is all too easy to get caught up in the moment and the emotion of it all. You can feel happy during worship without having met with God. I did it for years.

I enjoyed the music, sang loud and proud but that was the problem - i enjoyed the music. I never met with God. Until I focused on the words.

I always think that you want spiritual happiness and joy, not emotional happiness and joy. I think that they are two seperate things.

2006/9/20 13:10
xMicahx

NC

Re:

I totally agree, one can worship the emotion not the Lord. But when I look at examples of worship in the Bible they seem to be emotional. I'm not saying everyone has to be emotional all the time because that's how the Spirit flows, but if that's where the Lord takes you I bet its ok.

2006/9/20 13:38Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

Two of the bigger problems I see with the CCM groups are
1) The majority of them claim they are evangelizing the masses with their music. But GOD has ordained that the "preaching" of the Gospel be the means of it getting out(Rom 10). So if this is the case can we use music to win souls? or should we use the money spent on these concerts to enable men and women to preach full-time?
2) The vast majority of CCM labels are now owned by major secular labels. Thus they market, and pander to wordly wisdom to sell a product. So whatever happened to not being unequally yoked together with unbelievers?
I see very little fruit from alot of these "festivals". For they seem just like the secular versions. Mosh pits should not be involved with anything labeled Christian. :-)
Let us hold the CCM bands up to this Scripture and see how they stand
[b]"Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. "[/b]

2006/9/20 15:25Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy