Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : TIME MAG vs. PROSPERITY GOSPEL

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
OverSeer

Geneva, Alabama

Re: TIME MAG vs. PROSPERITY GOSPEL

Here is what is amazing to me about this whole delusion: First, the Bible prophesies, classifies, and clarifies the truth of
[b]the[/b] coming counterfeit revival before the Lord comes back. [b]The apostasy must come first[/b] (2 Thessalonians 2:1-3). This end-time delusion will be for the purpose of judging "those who perish because they did not receive the love of the truth so as to be saved. For this reason God will send upon them a deluding influence so that they will believe what is false (the lie)" (2 Thessalonians 2:10-11). Jesus expressed it this way when He told His purpose for speaking in parables: "To you it has been granted (those who have received the truth) to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them (those who have rejected the truth) it has not been granted....Therefore I speak to them in parables; because while seeing they do not see, and while hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand" (Matthew 13:11-13). The Bible tells us that the end-times will be marked by powerless professors of the faith - men who hold to a form of godliness all though they have denied its power (2 Timothy 3:1-5) and that men "will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires, and will [i]turn away[/i] (apostasize) their ears from the truth and will turn aside to myths" (2 Timothy 4:3-4).
The second amazing thing to me about this whole delusion is that God has sounded the trumpet through His faithful men and is still sounding the warning. Paris Reidhead rang the bell with [i]Ten Shekels and a Shirt[/i]. In that sermon, preached in the mid-sixties, he nailed the prosperity gospel, the liberalism of Joel Osteen, and the fundamentalism infected by humanism proclaimed by Rick Warren.
It's time for the church to wake up! "For this reason it says, 'Awake sleeper, and arise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you'" (Ephesians 5:14).

Grace and peace
Olan

2006/9/18 17:04Profile
OverSeer

Geneva, Alabama

Re: The New Monasticism

Quote:
I'm describing not fourth-century monks, but present-day communities of Christians who think the church in the United States has too easily accommodated itself to the consumerist and imperialist values of the culture. Living in the corners of the American empire, they hope to be a harbinger of a new and radically different form of Christian practice.

God has never called us to set up alternative Christian communities but to [i]be Christian in our communities[/i]. While I admire the motive I don't agree with the method. We are to be separated but not isolated - and the two are not the same. We are to have contact without contamination just as our Lord did.

Grace and peace
Olan

2006/9/18 17:17Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy