Discussion Forum : General Topics : A disturbing incident

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
GaryE

Mifflinburg, Pennsylvania

Re: K-Day

Somehow, the message needs to go from here:

1Jo 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

1Jo 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

To Here:

Mic 7:18 Who is a God like unto thee, that pardoneth iniquity, and passeth by the transgression of the remnant of his heritage? he retaineth not his anger forever, because he delighteth in mercy.

Mic 7:19 He will turn again, he will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities; and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea.

Mic 7:20 Thou wilt perform the truth to Jacob, and the mercy to Abraham, which thou hast sworn unto our fathers from the days of old.

2006/9/14 19:02Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi K-Day. I'm sorry that this happened to you. This is such a terrible thing and I pray God will give you grace and all healing that you may need.

Maybe one way of understanding this is that the adversary is countering the re-discovery of the right use of the Law in evangelisim by perverting its use. He may hope that if enough of us become discouraged by its misuse, even turning us against each other, that we will abandon it altogether? And maybe the same could be said for other things too, such as open-air preaching and preaching of repentance in general.

Be encouraged and I pray that God will shine some light upon your path to replace this momentary darkness.

Chris

2006/9/14 21:28Profile
K_DAY

Ann Arbor, MI

Re:

Yes, I agree. I think that like in all things, a balance is necessary.

Similarly to what you were saying, the Holy Spirit has long been one of the most neglected aspects of a Christians life. Some groups, in the rediscovery of its place and power, have been decieved into placing an over-emphasis on preaching and teaching about the Holy Spirit at the expense of other Biblical foundations. As I heard Jim Cymbala put it, they have tons of awe, but no reverence.

Repentance does not replace grace, nor does the Holy Spirit replace the holiness of God. Each is essential, and the neglect of any is surely not a work of the Lord.

K_DAY

2006/9/15 3:14Profile
Santana

Re:

HEY K_DAY,

I was on South Beach, Miami walking by a church group open air-preaching. I've never felt more hate. They were trying to copy Ray Comfort's tapes but it came out all wrong. They were red faced, vain popping out screaming back to the crowd. They all wore t-shirts that said, "Don't be fooled, real Christians don't sin.". Any time a guy would walk by with rap music, they would say, "Tupac is in hell" or "Biggie is in hell". It was awful. No power behind their words. We went up to them and we were the ones in the wrong.

Then I was on YouTube the other night and typed 'open air preaching'. This guy named Ruben Israel came up and it started off good but...i don't know...you listen to it. But what killed me was the christian t-shirt they were promoting. It said in big bold letters, "HOMO'S ARE HELLBOUND".
(i understand why if that gets deleted and only proves my point further) But why would a Christian wear that type of shirt.

And with your situation K_Day, i think of what Gandi said, "I would have become a Christian if it wasn't for Christians." Ouch!!!

One of the scariest verses in the bible is "Lord, Lord.." You know the rest.

2006/9/15 17:46Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: K-Day

Quote:
What?!?! At that point, I just walked away. It all felt so evil. I agreed with their message, but it just seemed so full of hatred. I had it in my heart to pray for them, and to talk to them and encourage them and ask where they fellowship, but instead I got condemned to hell.

Whenever I hear accounts like this from good brothers it stirs my soul more to step out myself and preach a true message of the somber truths of the gospel in compassion and brokeness. I really think the quote by Duncan Campbell says it best:

[b]Preaching truth without the anointing of the Holy Ghost is helping the devil to damn souls. There's nothing on earth today so deadening as preaching without heaven's anointing. Refrain from preaching unless you know that the dew of heaven is on your soul."[/b]

These are the last days as brother Neil just pointed out. Oh for God's true servants to rise and share the gospel with people like the apostles. I am sick of seeing mis-representations. Seeing that other thread about the open air meetings in North Carolina really stirred my heart, that is what we need!

2006/9/15 18:19Profile
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re: A disturbing incident

The truth is, we know the majority is going to hell, but to try to run the 'ministerial fan' through those in our circle of influence, telling them who is saved and who is not, is not our job. Find it in Scripture and I will do it. Show me one place where Jesus specifically condemned a man to hell for not acting as other sheep were at the moment, and I will begin to do so.

Actually, to show this is wrong, here is a quote with a spirit that covers this kind of activity:

Luke 9:49-50 "And John answered and said, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name; and we forbad him, because he followeth not with us. And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us."

We are commanded to preach, and not hang around those who commit open sin who claim to be a brother; not much more. We are to mark those who are in open rebellion, and have them removed from the church if they don't change, but marking who is saved and who is on the road to hell in public is God's business.

I wouldn't sweat it. You can tell a tree by its fruit. Hopefully someone will glean something from the message they were preaching, as flawed as their intents might be. They might mean it for evil, somehow God can still always use it for good. We will all find out in eternity.

2006/9/16 20:43Profile

Re:

Quote:

allhavsinned wrote:
Orm wrote:

Quote:

There are two groups of people in those outdoor meetings. Most are good [hurting] righteous young men and women who are looking for hope and meaning to their lives. They don't need to necessarily repent. What they need is someone to believe in. It will be to those that the word of the Lord will come if presented from the annointing. The preaching of hell's fire and brimstone won't be necessary. Discipleship will happen. Who will disciple them?

:-(

Sorry, Orm, that's not scriptural:
Romans 3:12 There is none that doeth good, no, not one.
and 2Peter 3:9 The Lord is... not willing that any should perish but that ALL should come to repentance.

I agree there are many hurting people out there, the problem is not to get them to realise they are hurting, but that we have the solution to their hurt because we used to hurt the same way and Christ has saved us and given us hope.

I don't agree that they need something to believe in. Jesus is not something to be believed in, like a lucky charm, but someone to be trusted and obeyed. We don't add Him to our lives, we give our lives to Him, to do with whatever He wants
Rom 8:36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

Our compassion must be spirit led, as with our preaching, otherwise we are a sounding gong or ringing bell - they are so annoying!

As for discipling, well, we can only disciple true converts, who have a desire to get to know God and who want to tell others about what He has done for them.

Orm have you listened to 'Ten Shekels and a Shirt'? If not I fully reccomend it, it's the top download on this site. It helps us to put our Christian life in perspective: 'Those who are truly saved are people like this, who say; Lord I'm going to love you and obey you even if I go to Hell when I die, simply because you are worthy of all love and honour and to be obeyed' (From memory, not a proper quote)

In Christ

Ste

Understanding the context of your quoted reverenced scripture would go alone way in understanding what it was I was driving at. But, oh well.

:-(

2006/9/17 6:35

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy