SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The truth about Islam.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 )
PosterThread

Re:

I'm hoping and praying that America will still be somewhat of a safehaven for christians in the coming persection under Antichrist.

2006/9/18 10:09
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

bro thingsabove

Quote:
I'm hoping and praying that America will still be somewhat of a safehaven for christians in the coming persection under Antichrist.

not likely, i don't think there will be such a thing as a safe haven unless it is in the hands of our God. i listened to this sermon last night from art katz, titled and they crucified HIm. i think we're headed into the thick of persecutions much like if not worse than what happened at the first while we yet hope for a rapture. we need to repent and be revived before we can even consider being raptured...unless we're looking to be raptured out of responsibility.

2006/9/18 10:50Profile

Re:

Ironman you may be right. In my earlier years I used to picture America and concentration camps etc. However I have more hope now. I know that scripture says there will be nations who resist the beast.
When David mourned and prayed for his 1st son from Bathsheba he basically said aftreword " Who knows the Lord might have changed his mind. Well thats one way that I view this wonderfull land of America.(Which I can't wait to get back to)

Also have you or anyone read "The End of Days" by David Dolan? It presents a pretty interesting view of the end times. Anyhow, Lord bless, John

2006/9/18 12:34
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

bro thingsabove
the word doesn't say that it will so much be nations who resist the beast but saints who will because in the end all the nations of the earth will gather to fight against Christ when He returns. nonetheless our Lord will have His way and see His will done. our nation though will certainly not continue on as it is now much longer because we are sorely in need of repentance and He is about to bring that to pass shortly via judgment. However for those who heed the call now, REPENT, REPENT, REPENT, ORD DIE!!!

i've not read that book but if our Lord leads, He'll have me check it out, have you read it? it sounds like you have, what in brief does he postulate in it?

2006/9/18 12:51Profile

Re:

I read it about 7 years ago. David Dolan is a former cbs correspondent. He now lives in Jerusalem and has a website where he put's updates on.

The book is a novel that focuses mostly in Israel and america. Israel is attacked by Syria and Israel responds by nuking Damascus. Then the world leader antichrist rises in europe and the rest of the whole endtimes is played out. I personaly think it was way better than the left behind book. I think it's worth a read.

Theres another one that is a "little further out there" called the "The Fourth Riech" Bascially piece of hitlers skull used to clone a new hitler who is the antichrist. It has bit's and peaces that add to what could possibly happen during the Tribulation.

These days I don't do much reading of novels or even books on end times. I've read so much and study on it as it is. I pretty much read only the scriptures regarding prophecy study. I enjoy reading revival works now. God bless, John

2006/9/18 13:01
roadsign

Re: Parkyns

Quote:
These days I don't do much reading of novels or even books on end times. I've read so much and study on it as it is.

John, some years ago I got fed up with what seemed to be a fixation on end times speculation. So I threw it it all aside and asked the Lord to teach me HIS truth in HIS timing. The recent discovery of the ministry of Edgar Parkyns has been God's blessing to me. Parkyns helped me see how Biblical end times teachings ties closely with church history and also the present.

I post the SI link to his sermons here, and enthusiastically recommend them. They have invigorated my faith in God's word and his love for his Church. I believe they also help us develop the proper perspective on present world issues as discussed in this thread.

It's a long haul, but worth it. I hope to go through them again - and make notes.

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=2411&forum=40&post_id=&refresh=Go]Edgar Parkyns - church history[/url]

Diane

2006/9/18 18:57Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy