SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What's happened to hell?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
enid

Nottingham, England

What's happened to hell?

I ask the above question, because the subject of hell and eternal damnation, whilst it has never been popular, seems to have disappeared in the church today.

I'm not saying it is never preached. I listened to a sermon on hell this week.

Churches avoid it now. People leave if they hear a 'negative' subject like hell.

I heard someone say '(90% of the Bible is negative).

'You'll scare people away'. So what?

Which is better? You giving them a false sense of security that they are going to heaven, only because they warm a seat on a Sunday morning?

Or you, declaring what the word of God says to them, they leave offended, and then go to hell anyway?

If the word of God says warn the wicked, Ezekiel 3, and the righteous, same chapter, then why don't we?

Proverbs 29v25 says 'The fear of man brings a snare...'.

It sure does.

If we don't warn people, we perish with them.

If we do, and they ignore the warning, they perish, but we have delivered our soul, Ezekiel 3v19.

If only we had a genuine fear of God, the church, and the world, would not be in the state that it is now in. Pray people, pray.

God bless.

2006/9/13 11:02Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: What's happened to hell?

enid wrote:

Quote:
If only we had a genuine fear of God, the church, and the world, would not be in the state that it is now in.

Amen!

The fear of men can intimidate a person and you end up in hell. But the fear of God in the heart is a great motivator - has redemptive value because it forces us to look to Someone who is greater then we. And that is good. Other people cannot decide our eternity destiny; only us cooperating with God.

Thanks for posting...

ginnyrose

2006/9/13 11:20Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy