SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : Are these the Last Days before Jesus Returns?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Gedi

UK

Are these the Last Days before Jesus Returns?

I beleive the days that we are living in now are
indeed the last days would readers please come and give me some feed back please and either agree or disagree
Gedi

2004/1/26 12:00Profile
Chosen7Stone

FL, USA

Re: Are these the Last Days before Jesus Returns?

Every second that passes is a second closer to Christ's return. I think every day between His resurrection and His return is the "last days". The "symptoms" of the last days He laid out for us just continue to increase in severity.

2004/1/26 13:05Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

As Ravenhill once said: We are not in the last days we are in the last minutes.

I wholeheartly agree. :-(

[b]Matthew 24:37-39[/b] - [color=CC0000]As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man.
[/color]

The day will come to the world unawares! But we are called to watch and be ready, we know when the flood (judgement) is coming. It's in the air.

[b]1 Thessalonians 5:23[/b] - May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

This is another important principle that the body of Christ must be aware of. We need to realize we have to walk upright and in holiness for the day could come soon. We don't want to be caught making firewood and enjoying ourselves with the materials that God has given us for our salvation and the salvation of the world.

2004/1/26 14:15Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

[i]2Ti 3:1 Know this also, that in the last days grievous times will be at hand. [/i]

Absolutely agreed.
If 2 Tim 3 had a series of check boxes next to it, they would all be filled in.
Surely it would be unwise to speculate as to when, this generation?, the next?, today?
tomorrow?

Mat 24:32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree. When its branch is still tender and puts out leaves, you know that summer is near.
Mat 24:33 So you, likewise, when you see all these things, shall know that it is near, at the doors.

It seems that summer is nearer everyday.

One thing that I can't help but keep wondering about is the whole issuse of cloning that lurks on the horizon. How far will God allow this to go?
Man has certainly bought into the lie that "You will be like the Most High", but this seems to be taking things a bit far...

Nonetheless..."Rev 22:20 He who testifies these things says, Yes, I am coming quickly,[b][i] Amen. Yes, come, Lord Jesus.[/i][/b]

2004/1/27 3:32Profile
Snowdrop

Re:

hi crsschk, just read your message about cloning,may i say that no matter what men do ib this regard, they are only decieving themselves, they create nothing! God Alone Is The creator of all that is, they just take what He Has made and attempt to convince themselves that are the architects and the creators.The elemental parts they USE! are the creation of God alone and they most certainly will not ever have the power to impart the spirit of life into what they attempt to produce against the will of God. This is what i believe. your sister in Christ Snowdrop.

2004/2/11 21:20Profile
Snowdrop

Re: Are these the Last Days before Jesus Returns?

Hello there Gedi, you requested feedback on the subject of The Last Days, may i tell i heard a sermon on this subject some time ago, the question was answered in this way, That as Christians we are given the opportunity to live our life as though the return of Christ is imminent, the actual date and time of Christs return is know only to Himself(who is God), We are given the signs of the times, and encouraged to press onward to day of His return, but certain things must take place first, there are teachings and sermons on the subject,from God led Christian teachers and preachers. God Bless you in your search for answers. your sister in Christ, Snowdrop.

2004/2/11 21:41Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Hi Snowdrop,

No doubt about that.
Just a 'sense' if you will.
Surely it will get much uglier than I can even imagine. Appears to be enough scriptual support..

'Rev 6:16 and they say to the mountains and to the rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: Rev 6:17 for the great day of their wrath is come; and who is able to stand?

2004/2/12 4:36Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
We are given the signs of the times, and encouraged to press onward to day of His return, but certain things must take place first, there are teachings and sermons on the subject,from God led Christian teachers and preachers.

I was watching '60 Minutes' with my father and couldn't believe what eyes say and ears heard. They had a special on evangelicals and focused on the 'rapture' doctrine. They interviewed people like Tim Layhae and man the Spirit in me was cringing the entire time. What false doctrine that has prevaded the church and taken it captive. We are becoming the laughing stock of the world because the demons are laughing at the silly stupid weak church who is not seeking after truth but listening to every wave of false teaching. I had to for 20 minutes afterwards tell my father what is the true beliefs about the endtimes and how what they were saying on the TV was utterly false. Christians need to set a standard of the truth up so we can recover the truth of the gospel for a dying generation.

2004/2/12 7:03Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy