SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What music does SI listen to?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

I downloaded the Christ Our Life (Living Sacrifice) stuff... really really good worship!

I recommend Steve Camp as well. Free music! But powerful doctrinally sound music. http://a1m.org/index.php

Krispy

2006/9/13 6:45
Deany1980

Hong Kong (SAR)

fire on the altar

Matt Redman is also really good. Serving over in Hong Kong I can't afford to buy CD's - so I'm downloading free ones like the ones for download off sermonindex and also - ** www.fireonthealtar.com - they're sermons mixed with music. :-D

I especially recomend
Revival Fire [url=http://fireonthealtar.com/compilations/Revival%20Fire%201.mp3]Revival Fire - track 1[/url] [url=http://fireonthealtar.com/compilations/Revival%20Fire%202.mp3]Revival Fire - track 2[/url]

2006/9/13 8:06Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

Re: What music does SI listen to?

I like MercyMe, Chris Tomlin, Jeremy Camp. Hillsong worship has some nice music. Rita Springer's Created to Worship is one of my favorites. I like FFH, Casting Crowns, Carman, Charles Billingsley's album Secret Conversation is nice. Ray Boltz, Robin Mark, Terry MacAlmon is one of my favorites...

but mostly I just listen to sermons from sermon index... :-P

2006/9/13 8:54Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Exactly what kind of music are you looking for?

Have you tried the old stuff? The kind that was popular 40 years ago? That music preaches sermons! Sunday mornings my DH & I love to listen to Tennessee Ernie Ford on the radio. He is old - BTW, he did live after the flood! ;-)

Do you like a cappella music? not the group that goes by the name but this type? Emmanual Quartet is beautiful...plus there are a host of others, but you will have to look for them - they will likely not be in your bookstore down the street.

Personally, I am very ignorant of modern music groups and their music because I cannot tolorate their sound. Scratching your fingernails on the blackboard would sound just as edifying [to me]! :-P

Actually, what has happened to me is that when I was a youth, I abandoned the music popular when a child, only to come back to it now that I am older!!

ginnyrose

2006/9/13 11:51Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

Re:

Sunday mornings my DH & I love to listen to Tennessee Ernie Ford on the radio. He is old - BTW, he did live after the flood! ;-)

ginnyrose

That was too funny. :-P

2006/9/13 11:54Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Hi everyone :-)

I'm listening to Handel's [i]Messiah[/i] right now.

In the providence of God I had purchased a copy of this years before I was converted to Christ. Once I came to Christ and played it the words took on all new and real meaning! Praise God!

For those who may not know, the words are Scripture set to orchestral/choir music. As far as I know there are no words of man in the entire work, but only Scripture. The recording I have is over two hours in length.

As the name suggests, the entire theme and subject is The Lord Jesus Christ. As the No. 20 Chorus sings

[i]Behold the Lamb of God[/i]

2006/9/13 12:23Profile
daniel-

Germany

Re:

hm, propably you wouldnt know any of the bands i'd post :)

2006/9/13 13:37Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

Re:

Quote:

daniel- wrote:
hm, propably you wouldnt know any of the bands i'd post :)

ya big teaser. :-P

2006/9/13 13:49Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

This is likely my favorite! I love to listen to a live performace of it which is done during the Christmas season in the south. But in recent years they only sing/play parts of it, stopping in the middle somewhere which just drives me crazy - which means I will no longer go to listen to a live Messiah concert - just listen to my CDs.

ginnyrose

2006/9/13 14:09Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy