SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Homeless Shelter Ministry Update

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Homeless Shelter Ministry Update

Hey everybody,

I just thought I'd give you guys an update per the request of some on SI regarding the homeless shelter weekly Bible study I began to hold meetings for in July.

Last night I was teaching on Phil 3:1-16, which is one of my favorite passages in the Scriptures. I was speaking on the overriding desire to "know Christ" in all circumstances, and counting the things of this world as but dung.

I spoke on how the key to overcoming sin is to not try harder and harder to stop sinning, for such will only cause one to enter into an endless cycle of sin. Rather, the key to overcoming sin is to seek to know Christ more and more. In doing such, victory over sin and obedience will naturally come.

About this point I stoped speaking and asked if anybody had anything they wanted to say. A woman who came into our meeting a bit late asked how it was that she could come to know Christ. Then I spoke to her about total commitment to Christ, repentance, and other such things, and asked if she were willing to give her life to the Lord. She said she was, and we prayed together for a little while, and our small group began to minister to her right away. I encouraged her to be water baptized, get into the word, get into church, etc. We also warned her of the many snares that are out there, and how now things might actually get more difficult for her since she is now a Christian, and an enemy now of the devil. We also told her that if she stumbles, to get back up, for the Lord will gladly receive her back into his arms.

She seemed geniune, and when we were done praying her eyes were full of tears. Yesterday was her first day at the homeless shelter, and she felt like she hit rock bottom. She's had a pretty rough past from what she described, and has had serious problems with drugs. But I believe she became a new creation last night.

There are some other strong Christians at the shelter who truly love God that said they will keep a watch over her, and continue to build her up. There are many temptations at the shelter, and many shaddy characters. However, I have entrusted her to the Lord, who is her Shepherd, and will complete the work in her that He has begun.

*Edit* This is the first known conversion I've seen at the shelter through this Bible study.

2006/9/12 16:47Profile
Christisking

Los Angeles, California

Re: Homeless Shelter Ministry Update

[b][size=xx-large]Praise The Lord!!!!![/size][/b]

Get report Jimmy!!! Keep them coming!

2006/9/12 17:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy