SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : ESCAPE FROM CHRISTENDOM

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Kolombian

Colombia

ESCAPE FROM CHRISTENDOM

Escape from Christendom writen by Robert Burnell is an spectacular simile of how we as christians must get out of our "christian world" in pursue to reach the City of God...You all SI members and visitors must read it... Here is a comment I found online about this tale:

Bethany House Publishers originally published this tale in 1980. While the reader may not find every detail put forth in it to be wholly biblical, and while it is not a literary masterpiece like John Bunyan's Pilgrim's Progress, whose form it borrows, its message for today's Christians and their "church" organizations deserves serious consideration. All too often do we see that character and decisions, and even ideals expressed in doctrine, are being based on whatever is attractive, expedient, and humanly reasonable; on what is popular or acceptable to the masses -- and especially to the masses that wear the name "Christian." Yet Jesus warned the religious leaders of His day that such an approach rendered genuine belief itself impossible (John 5:44). Are you willing to remain in "Christian City," or are you looking for a better Kingdom not made with human hands? "Come out of her, my people, lest you share in her sins, and lest you receive of her plagues. For her sins have reached to heaven, and God has remembered her iniquities" (Revelation 18:4-5).

http://www.awildernessvoice.com/Escape.html

Blessings
Karen

2006/9/12 13:11Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: ESCAPE FROM CHRISTENDOM

I have personally read this book about 2 years ago and was very blessed by it. The simple allegorical style led me into much thought about my current day situation in the church. God has delivered me from some false beliefs and "leanings" through this little simple book. I highly recommend it! may we never be content in "Christian City" though it gives us everything we want supposedly.

press on saints.

2006/9/12 19:06Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: ESCAPE FROM CHRISTENDOM

This piece is awesome. It is interesting how some of the points are issues the LORD has been dealing with me, especially in the area of prayer.

Here is a quote from that article on prayer:"A prayer life is something we engage in alone, yet it brings us into fellowship with God and man as nothing else will," his companion tells him when he has finished reading. "Prayer is going to God, to the Father's door, and asking for bread so that you can give it to your needy brother. When you knock and keep knocking, it always opens. Always. Out of that communion with God comes something you share with others. And as you share what God gives you, you have a communion with them. A person will have this communion even if he's shy or clumsy. For this life of prayer delivers one from the fear of other people's opinions and the fear of one's own blunders."

Oh, and there is so much more. I would encourage every reader of this forum to check out this allegory.

ginnyrose

2006/9/12 20:10Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy