Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : SI ANNOUNCEMENT: gracious speech

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 SI ANNOUNCEMENT: gracious speech

Brothers and Sisters,

There has been some recent discussions on "sexual" and also other matters that are not of weighty importance or rather speak of things that are so far from biblical Spirit led truth that it is not edifying for the body here at SI.

As many know the main theme of the website is towards biblical revival. Also to discuss the speakers on this website and certain bible passages is very much encouraged. I know that many Christian forums across the internet have a multilicity of topics "under the sun" and I am not hindering that on SermonIndex.net but rather asking the body here to [b]prayerfully[/b] re-focus on the intent and reason for contributing on the forums here.

I believe there can be a very fruitful reason to use the forums in discussing and encouraging pray and the coming revival. Another lack I see is that there is not much scripture posted in some threads but rather more the opinions of men. Another lack is the shortness of many of the conversations and "exchanges" which lead to having a thread that is not worthwhile to reference back to. I would love to see threads with posts that have content, time put into them so therefore making a powerfully reference tool for the 10,000's of people that come and visit this website ministry from all over the world!

I would encourage all the brothers and sisters here to listen to this sermon by Alan Martin: Gracious Speech

In light of all of this I will be posting many more discussion threads on revival, I encourage you all to comment and read more of these:

Wanted: A Burning Heart!

A Prayer For Revival

Revival: Total Release To God by Henry Blackaby

May God continue to make SI a unique and "peculair" resource for God's people in this world.

2006/9/12 1:02Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re: SI ANNOUNCEMENT: gracious speech

Greg,
Thank you for this post. It is needed. We need to be kept in check at all times.

1 Cor 11v31 says 'For if we would judge ourselves, we would not be judged'.

Let's judge ourselves, and weigh what we do with the word of God. God bless.

2006/9/12 1:12Profile
lamuskrat

Gonzales, La

In agreement. Thank You brother.

2006/9/12 18:34Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Refocus

2007/3/1 9:08Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

I agree as well.

[color=6600CC]Col 4:6 Let your speech [be] alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man. [/color]

[color=6600CC]Eph 4:22 That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; [/color]

[color=6600CC]Eph 5:12 For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.[/color]

2007/3/1 9:15Profile

Bump.

Quote:
May God continue to make SI a unique and "peculiar" resource for God's people in this world.

2007/3/3 17:57
pastorfrin

Re:

Very good sister ;-)

Hebrews 10:25
Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Look up and rejoice and exhort one another, Jesus
is our Lord!

pastorfrin

2007/3/3 18:23Profile
TroyorTakoda

I'm involved quite a bit in Yahoo Christian chat, and I see people fussing and fighting and getting off topic all the time.

So I always say that it should be our desire to focus on the basics of the faith and not get entangled in secondary matters that draw energy and time away from our central task of preaching Christ and Him crucified (I Corinthians 2:2)

On essential things we have to insist on unity but on trivial doctrines we should embrace diversity and attempt to understand one another.

Romans 14:1 says Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters and James 4:11 says Speak not one against another, brethren.

Having said that, there is one thought that comes to my mind when Bro Greg reminds us that this forum is primarily about revival, and that is: What is the definition of revival? and the simple answer is: A genuine visitation from God.

If we do not have God in our midst, then does it matter what else we discuss and will it profit us anything to increase in knowledge of anything else, if God not be in it?

If we mind the things of the flesh and sensuality, then we are not minding the things of the Spirit. A good resource on this subject can be found on this website in the audio sermon section under Joshua Harris. If you have never heard him or read his books, they are a blessing.

2008/12/18 7:10Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy