SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : Spreading the word~!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Spreading the word~!

I want to thank everyone who has helped out with SermonIndex.net and has given of there effort and time. God is really blessing this ministry website and many people are growing in the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ.

[u][b]I believe that SermonIndex.net best references are from word-of-mouth so if this site has blessed you then please take the time to tell others about this site.[/b][/u]

2003/7/12 17:15Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re: Spreading the word~!

If you are really intresting in 'Spreading the Word' about this website: www.sermonindex.net then maby this is one way you could.

For $100 I am able to print 1000 full-color glossy business cards for SermonIndex. If you are intrested in giving these to your church, organization, friends, etc. please let me know how many YOU could give away. If you felt led to give a donation for the cards that would help. I am giving 1000 cards to a precious brother that is giving them away at a large Christian Conference next month.

[i]here are the two card samples:[/i]
[img]http://66.139.79.202/sermonindex.net/images/forum/sm_card01.jpg[/img]

[img]http://66.139.79.202/sermonindex.net/images/forum/sm_card02.jpg[/img]

2003/9/6 21:31Profile

Re:

Ok this site has gone blatantly commercial between this and posting the money making Google ads, which was understood to be moneychanging and profitting off the gospel I officially withdraw my support for this abominibable practice! For the love of money is the root of all evil! You CANNOT server God and mammon!

Kevin

2003/9/6 23:41
jeremyhulsey

Re:

I disagree with Ktrek. I believe that this site is a worthy site. Greg has been totally consistant in maintaining this site as being devoted to ministry and not a money making venture. Correct me if I'm wrong, but something that's gone commercial is in buisiness for monetary gain.

Living and functioning in this world requires the ablility to do just that. Operating a ministry still requires that money be set aside for that ministry. I don't see Greg getting rich from this site. I truely don't believe that's even in his intentions.

I know I'm not the only one who has looked for a website like this. I searched the internet for a long time hoping that someday God would move on someone's heart to archive sermons from the great men of God in the last century. And finally someone has done just that. And he deserves any support I can give him.

I feel like the four leprous men in 2nd Kings who came upon the camp of the Arameans and found that God had scared the pants off of them and they had all ran away. I hope our response can be as theirs: (Then they said to one another, "We are not doing right. This day is a day of good news, but we are keeping silent; if we wait until morning light, punishment will overtake us. Now therefore come, let us go and tell the king's household.") 2Kings 7:9

Let's tell everyone we can about this site. If this site has been a blessing to us, it's not right to keep it a secret. That's all Greg is trying to do is tell people, not so that he can gain, but so that he can share in this blessing.

Keep up the good work Greg. You have my support.

In Christ,
Jeremy Hulsey

2003/9/7 0:59Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Ktrek,
Brother,
I am perplexed and grieved over this response.
Would these same words be applied to CBD or any other place where you purchase books?
"Blatantly commercial" ?
The bulk of these ad's are for ministry related information, in fact I just 'ordered' the FREE Bible software that I was alerted to by one of these ad's, the family that put this software program together poured their life into making this program if you go through the site you can get a sense of what their goal is. You cover the shipping and they ask for a donation. You bet I made a donation, this couple has every right to live and eat and put a roof over their heads. But to make a 'profit off the gospel?' I ask that you take a look at their site and see if they have any other purpose than to glorify the Lord by their work;
[url=http://www.freebiblesoftware.com/intro6_About_E4.asp]http://www.freebiblesoftware.com/intro6_About_E4.asp[/url]

I am curious, did you approach Greg first about this?

Quote:
which was understood to be moneychanging and profitting off the gospel

Understood? I can't but wonder if there is a [i][b]mis[/b][/i]-understanding here. I have the utmost respect for Greg and this ministry. Do we know all the details of who is contributing to help support the cost's of running this site? Is it possible that this running of 'ads' is a necessity? Or what exactley is generated from this? (my guess is very little)Or if the intention is to offer them as just one more helpful way to transfer information, regardless of whether they charged for services or not. And even so, would that not be an indictment on us? Not you personally. But I have a real hard time with these accusations, they are unfounded, unecessary and unwarranted. This really grieves me.

I am constantly amazed at how money can become such an issue with us Christians. The ones that see it as it was intended to be used, as a tool, as from Gods hand who gave us the ability to go out and make money and to use it wisely. To be good stewards of....it ALL belongs to Him.
For those who love to give financially, not for some kind of a pat on the back, but because it comes from their heart. These get accused of being 'lovers of money'? Why not save the rebukes for the one's that are 'fleecing the flock', promising this 'double your seed' nonsense, prosperity gospel, scripture twisting blasphemy.
We have a serious problem in Christianity overall when it comes to this issue. People don't want to part with 'their' money, and it just goes to show what else is going on spirtually since this is only a part of the whole. It is pathetic that such a small portion of 'believers' overall actually give a 'tithe' or however you may see it, 'love gift', 'donation', 'offering'. Here is a recent study and correction from an article in CT;
Quote:
In "Pink slips at nonprofits"(May) CT erroneously reported a study on church giving. An Empty Tomb, Inc. study shows that in 2000 church members in eight mainline denominations gave an average of 3.2 percent of their income, while church members in eight evangelical denominations gave an average of 4.1 percent. Overall giving among members in 27 denominations was 2.6 percent. CT regrets the error.

This is just an example. My own church is going through the same problem, a few are shouldering the load of the many without complaint. But facts are facts. You can blame the economy all you want, but that will never change the real issue. It's what is in the heart and a matter of whether you really trust God with everything.
If I had it my way, I would just underwrite this whole ministry and be done with it, and I would do it anonymously, don't even get the wrong impression, I could care less about getting some kind of credit for something that would be a joy for me to do. Whatever treasures may be laid up for me in heaven I am not really concerned about, I am sure that they are beyond my imagination and that I will be extremely grateful nontheless. But for a long time my goal has been to hear those awesome words "Well done good and faithful servant" but I would trade it all for just one thing; Just a hug from Jesus. That alone would make all this struggle of life worth it to me.

I happen to have first hand information on who Greg was refering to here in regards to these cards. This brother [i][b]asked[/b][/i] if there was some type of flyer that he could distribute at this upcoming conference, to help spread the news of this wonderful site. Greg responded to him by offering to ship out the cards. He did mention the cost to him but not as a condition. In fact from what I understand they are already in route and Greg is footing the bill. Fortunately this particular brother will be off setting the cost because it was his idea in the first place and money has never been a hang up for him, he just's wants to help out. I have come to know that when it comes to this financial stuff, Greg is pratically apologetic in his nature just for the very reasons that you are making accusations against him. This is a humble servant of our Lord.... Good grief, this is ridiculous. Why brother, would you want to harm his spirit and the rest of us here? This is a great fellowship that goes on here and I personally have enjoyed all the post's, even the debateable issues have usually had an underlining healthy spirit, to be a help, not a cause of division.

I have to wonder, is their something else going on underneath all this? It may be none of my business, but it does concern me that as one of our 'own' if you will, to see this turn of events and this reply in particular. It just doesn't seem like you, from what I can gather. I will be praying for you and if you like please send me a pm if there is anything I can do, or anything I can pray for in specific.
Mike

2003/9/7 11:07Profile
sermonindex

Online!
 Re: grieved

Quote:
Ok this site has gone blatantly commercial between this and posting the money making Google ads

I run this site and the intent of the site is not to make it a 'commerical venture'. I have posted these cards to help spread the word about this totally FREE resource, all my intent is for more people to know about this site. Yes, the google ads make money aprox: $80-100 per month, But the costs to run the site are about $250-300US that includes:
1 server to host the sermons = $100US a month
1 server to host the site = $130US a month
hosting at sermonaudio.com = $30US a month
other hosting/domain = $5 a month
cost for cards = $180US aprox.

I am not trying to justify as more am just humbly showing how much I have been putting into this ministry from my own resources. I know God is providing all the resources, the money I have been intrusted with is His anyways!

Quote:
which was understood to be moneychanging and profitting off the gospel

[b]NO[/b] I am not! I have given so much time and monies into this ministry that if I ran the google ads for years I still wouldnt make all the money back.. its not in my heart to even think of these things. man! that grieves my heart but I have prayed to God to allow me to reply to this post and not became affected by these accusations that are false.

Quote:
I officially withdraw my support for this abominibable practice!

I am in no way going to stop you brother and I pray that God brings you to realize that what you have said is not true. I agree with [i]crsschk[/i] that I will be praying for you. God Bless

2003/9/7 18:46Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy