SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Dismissal from SI

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: bro Krispy i think you hit a gusher...

IRONMAN... I'm glad that you and I have such a love and respect for each other that we can disagree on things and still set an example of how we dont let it tear each other apart.

The only thing I think I disagree with your post on is about the words and the timing. I understand what your saying, but I maintain that before we harshly rebuke someone we need to try and understand the person, and where they are at.

For instance, I have a history with Karl, and he has shared some things with me privately that he probably hasnt with many others. Based on that, I know that in this instance where he seemed to be getting a little side tracked with this issue, a gentler rebuke was in order.

I'm not dismissing anyone who may be used as a mouthpiece for God. I do not believe in prophets like the OT are for today, or like we see in the WOF and Charismatic Movement. However, I do believe God can and does use each of us at times to speak thru us. Scripture tells us that when we are under the spotlight to not worry what to say because God will give us the words. He's done that with me many times. But along with that must come wisdom to know what is God's words, and what are our own. Sometimes we all tend to use zealousness instead of wisdom.

Jesus used harsh words, but only when He was rebuking the enemies of God. Karl is not an enemy of God, he is a precious child of God.

Krispy

2006/9/12 12:54

Re:

Well I see by the clock on the wall. That it's time to bid you one and all.
Goodbye (Goodbye) So long (So long) Farewell (Farewell) Adieu (Adieu)
Be good (Stay Well) Bye Bye (Keep Warm) Relax (And Eat) Take Care (Stay Loose)
Adieu mon vieux. A la prochaine. Goodbye 'til when we meet again!

Cheerio

2006/9/12 16:11
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

bro Krispy
you know i love you much bro and i like to pick people's brains and i've learned a lot from picking on you! :-P it is good that our Lord has brought us past the point of feeling bruised in the ego to where we're digging for His truth.

Quote:
The only thing I think I disagree with your post on is about the words and the timing. I understand what your saying, but I maintain that before we harshly rebuke someone we need to try and understand the person, and where they are at.

oh indeed and of course if one feels unctioned to do so, then one must speak as he is lead of God.

Quote:
I'm not dismissing anyone who may be used as a mouthpiece for God. I do not believe in prophets like the OT are for today, or like we see in the WOF and Charismatic Movement. However, I do believe God can and does use each of us at times to speak thru us. Scripture tells us that when we are under the spotlight to not worry what to say because God will give us the words. He's done that with me many times. But along with that must come wisdom to know what is God's words, and what are our own. Sometimes we all tend to use zealousness instead of wisdom.

so what then is the difference between the O.T. prophet and the N.T. prophet? is the definition of what prophecy is different in the N.T. vs O.T?
how come paul admonishes us to covet prophecy as a gift? if God saw fit to send prophets out to warn His people of a need for repentance back then, why would He not do so now? are we not in need of repentance any more? should we not be repenting that much more [i][b]because[/b][/i]we are under grace? just seems to me we will be judged that much more harshly because the blood which covers us (or should cover us) is not of bulls and rams but the precious blood of Christ and i don't think God is playing when it comes to that.

Quote:
Jesus used harsh words, but only when He was rebuking the enemies of God. Karl is not an enemy of God, he is a precious child of God.

what about when Christ rebuked Peter saying "get behind me satan!" peter was certainly a child of God, he was the chief disciple yet what he said was from the enemy and Christ rebuked him. Does God not chasten and rebuke as many as He loves, even harshly so. i think of how He dealt with certain ones in Israel, like David and so on and the nation of Israel itself. if God didn't spare them rebuke, how much less will He spare us gentiles especially because we have been bought by Precious Blood?

2006/9/12 19:20Profile
lovegrace

Re:

Farai, I think your being completely rude. It's not "cool" or "nice" that your even having this discussion with Krispy. I think that's very insulting and disgusting on your character.

A brother just left SI and you go off to a TOTAL different tangent. Despite your guys relationship. I take that as very insulting and in a way demeaning to Karl.

Peace Karl, have fun with the downloads from SI, see ya from the forum though!

2006/9/13 0:08Profile
Scroggins

Dallas, TX

Re:

Truth is to be spoken. Even at the expense of friendship.

2006/9/13 1:36Profile

Re:

lovegrace... Altho another thread about prophecy should probably be started, I didnt think it was rude. IF Karl left SI (and I doubt he has...), I for one will misss seeing him around... but it was Karl's dicision. He didnt die. This isnt a funeral. As unfortunate as the whole situation was, I think this thread has brought up some interesting topics. Instead of everybody turning on each other... lets talk and learn and understand. If a side topic on this thread comes up and begins to dominate, then I'm in agreement that we should start a new thread, but I dont think IRONMAN deserved to be chastised here publicly. There is such a thing as private messages. :-)

Krispy

2006/9/13 6:40
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

Lovegrace
i felt led of God to bring that issue to the fore when mamaluk posted. i obeyed and feel no remorse for doing do. bro Karl will be missed indeed but it seems to me at the end of the day God did whatever He saw fit for His own purpose. i don't know ultimately why our Lord saw to it that Karl left these boards but we know He is working on something in Him and in us also.God wil bring us back together at a time of His own choosing, i pray it be soon but look to Him.

God does have a way of butting into our lives in a big way and disrupting everything. i would ask though, after september 11 did the world stop turning? now that bro Karl is gone, does the work of God now stop?

2006/9/13 10:53Profile
beenblake

Tennessee, USA

Re:

It is a sad day today to see a fellow brother leave. I do not know the totality of the situation, but I hope and pray that Karl left in accord with God's leading, whether it was initiated by him or the moderators.

I don't like to see division in the Church, especially in such a matter as this. Should we really be in debate because one person's love for their Lord is expressed or seen with different eyes than ours? What is important is that we give ourselves to Christ. This is love, that God gave His only son. Likewise, our love comes in giving ourselves to God in thanksgiving. There are many metaphors on earth where this can be related or expressed. We should have a bit more respect for others than to cast stones because they do not use the "language" we choose.

Likewise, where is the humility in Christ's disciples? Where are the students? Where are the ones called unto submission?

The elders in the Church can no longer lead and the teachers can no longer teach because the disciples rebel against every elder and every teacher. The teacher teaches, and the students leave to find a teacher who says what tickles the ear. How can Christ ever work in such a system? The Holy Spirit has given gifts, Christ has called each to different ministries, and if we shall close our hearts in our own way, then how can the workers work?

Did not Paul say we should not scoff at prophecies? We should test them. Too many people immediately reject teachings without giving them any thought or prayer.

Jesus said we should not throw pearls to swine. If anyone is not listening, or willing to listen, then why debate? Such debates become a battle over who is right, and cease to be about learning and growing.

None of us are right, and we all can learn from one another. Do not grandparents learn from children? Christ lives in us and we all have something to share. We are a body who needs one another.

We should be humble. Let us listen before we speak. Those who moderate do so in order to serve us. They are watching over a flock, not merely one person. They should not cater only to the needs of one individual, but the needs of all. If we say something that is offensive, whether it is right or wrong, consider the weight or importance of our words. Is it worth the offense? Is this the will of God that we should stir such dissension? There may be times when we are called to stand up for Christ, when Pharisees will take offense to what we say and seek to kill us. However, is one of those times?

Does not anyone consider that this is a public forum? These words we write will be read by anyone and everyone. The world will judge us for every word we say. If the world judges us so harshly, is that not all the more reason for the Church to lift up one another in humility?

So rarely do we ever find humility in these forums. Why is that? What are we trying to prove? Are we trying to share Christ in love, or are we trying to justify our own case? If we are speaking for Christ, then all the power comes from Christ. It is up to Christ to make the words speak to His people. We can only be the hands by which He works. Christ needs only to speak once, and if that person is willing to accept His teaching, they will hear. If not, they will not hear.

If we are not abandoned to Christ, then He cannot use us. You may have Christ in you, but that does not mean in every minute you are abandoned to Him. You can still act on your own, and you will. You will say things that are wrong, and you will make mistakes. So let us be forgiving of one another, and make offerings of love. Let us offer what God lays on our heart, but let us not try to force it upon anyone. If the offering we give to others is truly from Christ, and it is rejected, then the rest is for Him to decide. We can only offer the message.

In humility, I ask everyone involved to pray. Let us not argue. Let our mouths be silenced and our hearts crying. This is a sad day. Division has arisen, and this means that Christ is absent. Let us all seek after our Lord during this time and pray for our assembly here on SermonIndex. We have been attacked by the Devil. Let us call upon the Lord for aid.

Let us all be humbled, and give ourselves to Christ. May His will be done in this. May His grace flow upon us in abundance, and His light shine through us.

With love and concern,
Blake

2006/9/13 10:57Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Blake wrote:

Quote:
None of us are right, and we all can learn from one another.

Is this a typo? If not, could you explain?

Thanks!
ginnyrose

2006/9/13 11:30Profile
MSeaman

Michigan

Re:

ginny,
I don't want to put words in Blake's mouth, but I think he means that none of us are right in everything and we all have more to learn from each other.

How are you Sister? :)

2006/9/13 11:47Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy