SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Dismissal from SI

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: mamaluk

I agree w/ Bartle... there's no need to go over the top and start calling down fire. Mamaluk... you're not Elijah, and the mantle has not been passed on to you. I do appreciate your zeal, to be sure. However, there is a difference between having zeal, and being a zealot.

I think we should all refrain from commenting on this any further, and let Karl and the mod's do whatever they need to do to rectify this unfortunate situation. Anything we have to say will either be of little signifigance, or only inflame things further.

Krispy

2006/9/11 14:56

Re: mamaluk

oooops... I posted the same thing twice!

Krispy

2006/9/11 14:56
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Karl,

I simply asked Mike to give you a warning with the content of your post. The way you talked about "sexual intercourse" and using that has a allegory of Christ is wrong and not suitable discussion on sermonindex. I think you can simply refrain from talking about that subject matter and discuss other things on sermonindex, its simple.

Please don't carry on a controversy there is no need. As "bartle" said "love" lets just keep our eyes on Christ and discuss things that are suitable for everyone on this site. You are free to hold some opinions and thoughts that need not be shared with everyone.

2006/9/11 17:34Profile
Scroggins

Dallas, TX

Re:

2Rouse yourselves and keep awake, and strengthen and invigorate what remains and is on the point of dying; for I have not found a thing that you have done [any work of yours] meeting the requirements of My God or perfect in His sight.

3So call to mind the lessons you received and heard; continually lay them to heart and obey them, and repent. In case you will not rouse yourselves and keep awake and watch, I will come upon you like a thief, and you will not know or suspect at what hour I will come.

15I know your [record of] works and what you are doing; you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were cold or hot!

16So, because you are lukewarm and neither cold nor hot, I will spew you out of My mouth!

17For you say, I am rich; I have prospered and grown wealthy, and I am in need of nothing; and you do not realize and understand that you are wretched, pitiable, poor, blind, and naked.(F)

18Therefore I counsel you to purchase from Me gold refined and tested by fire, that you may be [truly] wealthy, and white clothes to clothe you and to keep the shame of your nudity from being seen, and salve to put on your eyes, that you may see.

19Those whom I [dearly and tenderly] love, I tell their faults and convict and convince and reprove and chasten [I discipline and instruct them]. So be enthusiastic and in earnest and burning with zeal and repent [changing your mind and attitude].(G)

20Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears and listens to and heeds My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will eat with him, and he [will eat] with Me.

21He who overcomes (is victorious), I will grant him to sit beside Me on My throne, as I Myself overcame (was victorious) and sat down beside My Father on His throne.

22He who is able to hear, let him listen to and heed what the [Holy] Spirit says to the assemblies (churches).

Sister Mamaluk:

This verse has your name on it.

11I am coming quickly; hold fast what you have, so that no one may rob you and deprive you of your crown.

2006/9/11 18:01Profile
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Elijah?

brethren
this is off topic but i feel led to bring this to the fore because it is something our Lord has been dealing with me about.
bro Krispy said:

Quote:
I agree w/ Bartle... there's no need to go over the top and start calling down fire. Mamaluk... you're not Elijah, and the mantle has not been passed on to you. I do appreciate your zeal, to be sure. However, there is a difference between having zeal, and being a zealot.

what if this mantle or a similar one has been passed on to mamaluk? i think we tend to be most presumptuous concerning such things as callings assuming that it's not God; what if it is?

we tend to ask "what if it's not God?" brethren that is an easy question to ask, we oft conclude whatever it is we're asking about not to be of Him then we chill and nothing changes. what if it [i][b]IS[/b][/i]God though?

it seems to me that is a harder question to ask/consider because if it is indeed God, it means we have to do something different than what we are doing now and we don't like change much i'm finding. i'm sure in those days many people thought Elijah to be a some sort of hellspawn. Jesus Himself was accused of casting out demons by the power of Baal...i guess the pharisees in their wisdom asked themselves "what if this isn't God?", proceded to conclude it wasn't and were lost to hell unless they repented.

are we guilty of the same thing the pharisees were?

i don't think mamaluk was calling down fire but pointing out that ultimately God will judge not only this little issue but He will judge us all because He is Holy. Also we ought not lose sight of His Holiness lest we treat Him in any way unworthy of Him and risk kindling His anger.

bro Krispy you bring up a good point in that we ought to have zeal but it ought to be tempered by God and channeled by Him. i think also though that we should be sure from God's standpoint what it is to have Godly zeal vs being a zealot.

i wonder if we would have been like the pharisees had we lived in those days?

2006/9/11 18:41Profile

Re:

Thank you Greg for your timely post, I appreciate it.

Though, I never used the words "sexual intercourse" in my post. When I was writing that those words did cross my mind, but I refused to use them as some find the words offensive so I held my peace.

I just wished that some of the post had of been saved because there was other very good stuff that was not related to the above.

But thanks for the post Greg, even though I respect your convictions, yet my convictions is that what I have said was right, perhaps I should have re-worded it more. But I won't do it here, I want to move on to other forums and discussions.

To others who have written thank you for your comments. I only ask that SI MODs accept my deepest apologies for causing any offences that I might have caused.

God Bless

Karl

2006/9/11 19:17
lovegrace

Re:

I watched the story unfold. I will give no advice because it's not needed. (Truly it's not needed from man, at least not me)

But instead I say to you Karl that NO MATTER what your decsion is, God loves you with a limitless, never ending love. May God be with you brother.

2006/9/11 23:17Profile

Re: Elijah?

IRONMAN... mamaluk and I have had some great discussions, and I was in no way trying to insult or put down mamaluk. We live in the church age, and prophets such as Isaiah and Elijah are no longer on the agenda... and wont be until the Tribulation.

With all due respect to mamaluk, I felt that her post was doing more to inflame the controversy than anything else. I've known Karl for a long time, and I know that a soft and wisely spoken word of rebuke would turn his heart. I think Karl's recent response to Greg shows that. (By the way Karl... thank you for being receptive to Greg! I didnt want to see you dismissed!)

If mamaluk's words were truly God's words (and she didnt claim that they were, please note that), or in God's timing... then Karl's heart and attitude would have turned then.

I think what I am trying to say is that before we all call down fire and brimstone on someone, let's try and reason together. Let's use understanding. Since I never saw what Karl wrote, I had to assume that Mike and Greg were valid in that being offended. I've never seen either of these guys be unreasonable with anyone who stopped and considered their points... and they have warned me in the past as well. And after slowing down and considering what they had to say to me, they were right. So in this case I gave them the benefit of the doubt. I trust them.

Did Karl handle this in the wrong way? Yep... but ya know what? We all get a little sideways sometimes. When we write something publicly, we need to be ready to take the heat publicly. I'm a football coach, and their isnt a more thankless job in the world other than politics. When I'm critisized publicly my natural response is to lash out publicly to protect myself... but when you boil it down it is really all about [b]pride[/b]. It takes a lot to suck it up and deal with it the way the Lord wants us to.

So Karl had a little problem with his pride. I know there isnt a single person on this forum who hasnt had this problem at times. I know I do.

So in the words of Jesus... let him who is without sin cast the first stone.

... but make sure you cast it at me first, cuz if y'all wanna get to my beloved brother Karl... ya gotta get thru me first! ;-)

And mamaluk... I apologize if you feel like I targetted you. I love ya! I just did not agree with the comdemning tone of your post. Karl is worthy of hellfire... but arent we all? Praise the Lord we've been set free.

I say we all move on to other tropics...

Krispy

2006/9/12 7:26

Re: Dismissal from SI

Karl said

Quote:
When I was writing that those words did cross my mind, but I refused to use them as some find the words offensive so I held my peace.

Greg, I saw the post and it is true.

I would add that nothing was said which is not compatible with this scripture:

(NASB) Romans 1:20
20 For since the creation of the world [b]His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, [u]being understood through what has been made[/u]...[/b]

I'm sure, when you think about the [i][b]meaning[/i] [/b]of this verse, you will find other verses which concur with it. That's what was being elucidated; that's what I understood from what was most eloquently said in a word 'sketch'.

Last evening I had prepared a longer post, but was, like MikeB, having connection problems. Perhaps this was of the Lord, though, as I came to the conclusion that the underlying issue is [i]different[/i] than it first appears ...

... I realised this (dicussion) is not about what is or isn't in scripture explicitly or implicitly. It is about your (moderators plural) preference that certain scriptures, and topics which may naturally arise from them, should not be discussed on SI.

This - a simple rule - is much easier to [i]receive[/i] (by me, at least), if thus clarified, rather than in the terms by which its justification was presented (in this case):

Quote:
.. foolishness.... that isn't [u]stated[/u] ([i]emphasis mine[/i])..... idiocy .... Is nothing sacred..... contaiminated by absurd notions ...

The post in question had none of these, [b]if[/b] and when read [b]objectively[/b].

However, I see and [b]do accept[/b] you're concerned people can't do this - that they don't do this ..... and maybe you're right. Sigh.

I submit these thoughts in a genuine attitude of consolation to us all.

(Btw, I didn't see the post which followed, which was also deleted. Nothing I've said above, therefore, can be applied to it as if I had, please.)

2006/9/12 7:46
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

bro Krispy i think you hit a gusher...

bro Krispy
i didn't think you were trying to insult mamaluk at all, i just thought it was rather presumptuous to assume that mamaluk may not be a prophet. the point i was getting at was that most of the time that is our default assumption and it is no different from the days of old when Israel was sent prophets and they didn't change or repent.

Quote:
If mamaluk's words were truly God's words (and she didnt claim that they were, please note that), or in God's timing... then Karl's heart and attitude would have turned then.

not necessarily, remember the pharisees and how Christ spoke to them and they didn't repent. we know that Christ spoke as the Father wanted Him to speak and even then the pharisees remaind staunch.

Quote:
When I'm critisized publicly my natural response is to lash out publicly to protect myself... but when you boil it down it is really all about pride. It takes a lot to suck it up and deal with it the way the Lord wants us to.

hey bro this is a ctitical piece of wisdom here, it boils down to pride in such instances. our Lord has brought me to a point where is someone says something to me which would wound my flesh, somehow it goes in one ear and out the other. then later on it comes to remembrance at a later time when i can't do any harm to the offending party. by then the thought of such doesn't even cross my mind (thank you Father, Son and Holy Spirit)

Quote:
And mamaluk... I apologize if you feel like I targetted you. I love ya! I just did not agree with the comdemning tone of your post. Karl is worthy of hellfire... but arent we all? Praise the Lord we've been set free.

Vessels of Mercy, thank you Father, Son and Holy Ghost!AMEN.

2006/9/12 11:52Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy