SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Dismissal from SI

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

Dismissal from SI

Mike one of the moderators PM me and said these words

Quote:
Warning: If you post something of that nature again here you will be removed.

I started this thread probably due to the fact that I will probably be dismissed.

But mainly to for the purpose of how far can we go on SI before being dismissed.

Let me explain:

As a few know, I do not post all the time, I rarely come to this site, and when I do, I read quite a bit.

I wrote in a forum called, "Calling Jesus Lover, inapropriate". The words I used in there are the same words we use today in our every day lingo.

Jesus would tell a story in the natural to convey a Spiritual truth, I was doing the same thing.

The MOD deleted the post, and sent me a PM giving me a warning.

The warning was very sharp I might add. I have never gotten a warning before on this site.

Thus, I am concerned as to why I wasn't taken aside by the MODs and asked:

"Karl, We want you to know that we the MOD and Greg have taken offence to your last post in the said forum. We feel that it was inapproproite to leave it, and therefore we had to remove it. We are consulting you because we know that it wasn't your attention to be gross or profane, but we cannot have such wording on SI. I am sure you'll understand our reasons."

This is where the rubber meets the road.

If I had of posted something similiar, than I should have received a warning such as was given to me today.

Does that seem logical to anyone?

Family members, your input is greatly appreciated.

Karl

2006/9/11 11:15

Re: Dismissal from SI

Karl, love,

just let it go.

Mike, Greg, just let it go, lets move on.

on this day, 9/11/06 we have much to pray about as we stand on the precipice of world war.

God bless us all, bartle

2006/9/11 11:29
allhavsinned

North West England

It's unfair of me to comment on the action of the MOD as I didn't see your post. However, it does seem to me that they have warned you and given you a reason why. Maybe they have not got the time for a more pleasent response, maybe they are harassed and you got them at a bad time.
The point is we all make mistakes, as Bartle says we must forgive and move on.
I was warned early on about a post and I learned from my mistake. That was months ago and I'm still here.
You are a valuable member here and I am sure if you follow the advice and warning of the MODs then you will have many more oppertunities to express your love of the Lord and help us through the lessons He has taught you.

Remember God wants us humble so He can speak to us.

In Christ

Ste

2006/9/11 11:41Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Karl,
With all due respect, you have answered the warning yourself with your own, modified, warning.

I saw the post in question. You use the words 'gross' and 'profane' in your own wording. The moderators never did. Which shows you know why it was removed.

Now we are all the wiser, let's move on as suggested.

We want revival, not disputes. God bless.

2006/9/11 11:44Profile

Re:

Karl... you know I love ya, bro... but in this instance you are handling this completely wrong.

They warned you privately and did not make a public issue of the "offense" (I didnt see it... thus I use quotations because I have no idea what was written)...

However, now you have taken something private and made it public, and that is scripturally wrong because you should have at first taken it up with them in a private manner.

Freedom of speech does not extend to privately operated forums such as this. For instance, the mods have made it clear that profanity will not be tolerated here. Thats their right. It is also their right to decide what kind of speech is appropriate and/or inappropriate... and it matters not if you agree with them in their judgement. Fact is, if someone can not abide by the rules, then they can find another forum because the rules of the forum are plainly laid out.

Karl, I truly hope that y'all can work this out and you dont get dismissed. I think you are a good addition to the community here. I think you need to dig down inside and find some humility. This thread was started more as an issue of your pride than anything else.

Hard words? Perhaps... but I say it with as much love as I possibly can.

Krispy

2006/9/11 12:10

Re:

Krispy said

Quote:
For instance, the mods have made it clear that profanity will not be tolerated here

There was no profanity, and what I said in my post was not gross. I used those words as a possible reason for the deletion.

I am not concerned about being dismissed, what I am concerned about is I would like to know what was so offensive?

I sit here in awe as to what was so bad about the post where several members have agreed with it.

Picture Jesus talking about the things that were making the Jews mad. The Jews warned Him NOT to continue, but He continues even to this day.

Thats how I feel, the warnings are not offensive to me.

At the same time, I sit here wondering what was so offensive? What was so bad? Thats what I would like to know.

As regarding discretion, Mike deleted the post and used the open forum to vent his distaste before he sent me the warning. Whether Mike or I is at fault, it doesn't really matter, what matters is what Greg wants, it's his website.

Steven, thanks for your letter of correctiveness, I appreciate it very much.

Again, I ask the same questions, what was so offensive, what was so bad?

Karl

2006/9/11 12:36
tacklebox

Roanoke Rapids, NC

Re:

"Picture Jesus talking about the things that were making the Jews mad. The Jews warned Him NOT to continue, but He continues even to this day."

Jesus was meek and humble. We are commanded to follow suit. Maybe the moderator was in a hurry. He probably could have been gentlier.

2006/9/11 12:50Profile
allhavsinned

North West England

Re:

Karl, Krispy is right the issue here is your pride, Jesus spoke out of authority AND humility, you are talking from neither, Please let it go, if you keep on posting then people will just ignore you, which will put you in your place, we are on this forum to help and to learn, not to try to get our opinions across onto others.

Seek Him first,

Ste

2006/9/11 12:59Profile
mamaluk

Re:

It's not a problem to think to yourself that you are a lover of God. It's a blasphemous problem when one says that he loves Him but carries no reverence to His name, for such is NOT love but hellish blasphemy. What kind of a child will call his human parents "LOVERS" ???? If one loves HIM, one will naturally obeys and follows HIS precepts, especially in light of addressing HIM with much reverence. HE is not santa clause !!

Exodus 20:7
[b]Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain;[/b] for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

Leviticus 21:6
They shall be holy unto their God, and[b] not profane the name of their God:[/b]

Ezekiel 36:23
And [b]I will sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the heathen,[/b] which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, saith the Lord GOD, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes.

Ezekiel 36:20
And when they entered unto the heathen, whither they went, [b]they profaned my holy name, [/b]when they said to them, These are the people of the LORD, and are gone forth out of his land.

Malachi 1:6
6A son honoureth his father, and a servant his master: if then I be a father, where is mine honour? and if I be a master, where is my fear? saith the LORD of hosts unto you, O priests, that despise my name. And ye say,[b] Wherein have we despised thy name? [/b]

Psalms 111:9
9He sent redemption unto his people: he hath commanded his covenant for ever:[b] HOLY and REVERNED is his name.[/b]

The name of the Christian God is The Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. No other name, there is NOT a choice. Whoever claims His Blood, had better proclaim the honor and reverence of His Name.

Mike Balog, whoever won't respect and honor God will for sure not respect you or anyone else.
God shall judge !!!

2006/9/11 13:47Profile

mamaluk

loved one, in all due respect, you're throwing gasoline on a fire. I would like Karl to stay around, and I pray that he recognizes that your post, which you might prayerfully consider editing, is a testimony to your Godly zeal for the Name, and not a rebuke to him.

please, not today,

bartle

2006/9/11 14:19

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy