SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Calling Jesus your "lover" inapropriate

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread

Re: the chow (changing subjects)

Johnnie boy, hows the chow over there?

do they let the locals cook it, or civilian contractors?

I would hope civilians contractors!! lol

Believe it or not, I miss chow halls. No kidding.

I miss the guys, I'm 46, and for about a week now, I'm rueing that fact, not coz I'm getting older, thats a good thing. But if I was 26, I'd go back in tommorrow, re-up...NAVY, I learned Korean, this time I'd learn Farsi.

Course I'd have to get a waiver, lol...for all my prior badness.

But a thought just occurred to me....does the USO still put on shows and what not?

I'm in midst of a show now, in Chicago, but I been thinking of a musical that I wanna write and our boys and girls in Iraq and Afghanistan need to be entertained, thats for sure.

Hmmmm, food for thought.

I love our guys, I love the military, I love America, sometimes I wish I had been a better sailor.

food for thought, the USO.

2006/9/11 20:57

Re:

The chow is great. civilian contractors. USO still does shows.
I was in the Marines from 84-88 had a 17 year break in service and re enlisted to come over hear and help out. Marines said I was to old so I went the Army National Guard route.
All the troops thank you for your previous service! God bless and "GO NAVY", John

2006/9/11 22:25
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Hey John, I'm a Chaplain's assistant in the Texas Army National Guard. My entire unit's in Iraq right now. Before that, I was a Russian linguist in the active Army from 97 to right before 9/11/2001. ETS'd in July of that year. After the towers went down, they put a stop-loss on the unit. My prayers are with you and for you.

In what state do you drill?

May God protect you, and bring you home to your family soon!

Brother Paul

2006/9/11 22:33Profile

Re:

Hello Paul, I drill in Kansas.
I appreciate your faithfullness and fire for the Lord. I'm sure it is a great blessing in your AO,(Area of Operation for those who don't know.)
Thanks for the prayers!
God bless, John

2006/9/11 22:40
beenblake

Tennessee, USA

Re: Calling Jesus your "lover" inapropriate

Quote:
Lover, primarly carries the meaning of the one you have sexual relations with.

Something to consider...

Mt 7:23 (NAS)
"And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.'

The greek word used here for "knew" is "Ginosko" which is a: "Jewish idiom for sexual intercourse between a man and a woman"

---taken from "Greek lexicon based on Thayer's and Smith's Bible Dictionary plus others"

Blake

2006/9/12 0:10Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Brethren,

I can't even [i]believe[/i] this topic is open for discussion. It is a very sick concept, very warped and wrong. The Holy Spirit certainly does not put such a thoughts in believers' heads. I, for one, am appalled and totally offended at such a notion. This is just sick and disgusting.

This thread should be locked and sent back to hell where it belongs.

2006/9/12 0:38Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

this thread is [b]being locked[/b], I think the need to talk about "sexual" matters in spirituality is for more of a private venue please brothers and sisters. The last time I heard something like this was when I read the DaVinci code where the book talked about paganisma and very lewd digusting references to sexual perversions in the Godhead by the Spirit of God, GOD FORBID! this is paganism with its primarl urges being explained as spiritual.

2006/9/12 0:42Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy