SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Calling Jesus your "lover" inapropriate

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Calling Jesus your "lover" inapropriate

The "new" term being introduced to christianity is refering to Jesus as, "He's my lover". I believe this is not correct language to use. Lover, primarly carries the meaning of the one you have sexual relations with. This of course is not part of the relationship we have with Jesus. I hope those who use this term will rethink this. Some will say what's the big deal.

I hope you will at least think about what it primarialy means and conveys to most other people. When you use it picture a big "?" mark appearing above their head. The reason is becuase many others sense it's not right either. God bless, John

2006/9/10 8:50
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Calling Jesus your "lover" inapropriate

Hi John,

A long discussion on this previously;
[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=10097&forum=35&post_id=&refresh=Go] JESUS As "LOVER"?? [/url]

Hope you are well over there.

2006/9/10 10:35Profile

Re: Calling Jesus your "lover" VERY appropriate

[i]Post deleted. Moderator.[/i]

2006/9/10 12:47

Karl,

You're a brave man. I agree completely with your post. Also, I don't think appropriate sex is 'dirty'.

What is wrong with the "Jesus as LOVER" teaching, is that it is being turned into a fleshly pursuit by both the teachers and the 'worshippers'.

In the CofE marriage vows, the man has to say to the woman that he will 'worship' her body. This comes close to the spiritual truth you are defining, but, for Christians, [u]unless[/u] it IS a spiritual truth through which they experience a satisfaction of their desire for union with Him, it is a wicked physcial distraction and a misrepresentation of the TRUTH which is available by fellowship through the Holy Spirit.

2006/9/10 13:00

Re:

([i]Body of post deleted. Moderator.[/i])

I have long advocated this perspective. What can be more intimate in the "knowing of love" in/from an individual? I believe it is the perspective Jesus would have us understand. Passion, isn't that the issue?

Orm

2006/9/10 13:02
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Rubbish!

Before deleting all this ... For crying out loud people, have you lost your sense of decency over your exegesis? Of course sex isn't dirty. Your foolishiness is in giving this a sexual conotation that isn't stated. There is a great deal of difference between comparissons in word usage, by way of the word 'knowledge', to know someone intimately and this being put forth before people ... It's not brave, it's idiocy. Is nothing sacred anymore that it cannot be contaiminated by absurd notions ...

2006/9/10 13:31Profile
Dougmore

This post is a little strange, no offence, but I don't know of anywhere in the Bible that Jesus is described as our lover. I may be wrong but I've seen many times Jesus is called Lord. And other names, but never, lover. Am I wrong?

bro Doug

2006/9/10 16:13Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

If you must, there is a link down a couple of pages. There is plenty to be offended at, repulsed by ... Would forewarn you, it may grieve your soul and\or your stomach.

2006/9/10 16:20Profile

Re:

Moderator, I was not aware of the previous thread I will check it out. Thanks and God bless, John

2006/9/10 16:23

Re:

Wow! I just scanned the other thread and I can see this issue got a workout! God bless, John

2006/9/10 16:28

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy