SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : journaling

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
free

journaling

Could someone please let me know if the subject of spiritual journalling has been discussed before and if so, how can I read the entries.

2006/9/8 4:15Profile
coops

Re: journaling

not that I know of. Doing a google search for "journal" with "newbb site:sermonindex.net" at the end of your search will help in searching this site a bit easier.

What were you after?

2006/9/8 6:50Profile
free

Re:

I have secretly been keeping a spiritual journal for the last 12 years. Its 10 books thick. Its been a marvelous journey because it allowed me to slow down my thoughts, and watch and record the work God has been doing in my life. I believe it has made me more sensitive to God's ways and forced me at times to look at the big picture over time. However, of late, I find that Ive been misreading Him. For this reason, Ive been less and less willing to write about what God "might" be saying. Im going through a transition, I know. I fear that all this writing might make me lean too much on my own understanding. Yet, it had been such a wonderful source of meditation. In some ways I am stuck, unsure and therefore less confident.

I wonder if anyone shares my feelings on this subject.

2006/9/8 10:45Profile

Re: jounraling

Hi free,

I have never kept a spiritual journal. The only person I've heard of who does, and has done for years, is Leanne Payne. She describes how she separates her time and writing, at the beginning of one of her books. I think it's The Healing Presence (possibly, in the foreword, rather than the main text).

My suggestion is that you don't take cold feet now. This part might make the most interesting and instructive reading when you look back. Rather, you should simply continue to put down your confusions as much as your assurances, and somehow communicate how you are dealing with both.

2006/9/9 13:39
free

Re:

Thank you dear Dorcas. I will indeed continue with what I started so many years ago. Especially since it has enriched my spiritual life so much. Among other things, it has removed the impulse to act hastily. Reflecting and writing on God's involvement in my life has also reinforced memory of his goodness. Though we cannot put Him in a box for He is creative beyond imagination, I find that there is (in essence anyway)a certain pattern in the way He intervenes in my life and in the lives of those around me. That said, the challenge I face today is to learn to wait and to expect the unexpected. He doesnt not always come in the same way.
Once again, thanks for your encouragement.

2006/9/11 3:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy