SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : God is Jewish!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

agreed

bro Ron
our Lord had us going through the book of Joshua specifically on the taking of the land and the scripture you posted is key. God is on His own side and we ought to ally ourselves to Him.

God is simply, well, God

2006/9/6 16:36Profile
Dougmore

Re: God is Jewish!

Hi JohnJames4,

Are you a Torah keeping Messianc? What I mean is, do you believe that Torah is still to be kept even today? I have family members that are messianc and I myself have studied much about them. I just wnted to comment on your heading,

Quote:
God is Jewish!

I must disagree with you on this point and posibly many more. But nevertheless if I do it will be done in a spirit of love.

It is correct that Yeshuah ha Messiah was Jewish. But its also clear that had He stayed only to the Jews you, (I'm Guessing that you are a gentile for most Messianics are), would have no chance for salvation. I would be vary happly to debate you on this subject.

"The Lord bless thee and keep thee..."

bro Doug

2006/9/6 19:36Profile
100percent

God is Jewish? Gonna have to go with my brothers who said He's on His own side. Abraham was joined to Him . . . just as gentiles have been joined to God through our brother Jesus, well the saved ones LOL (Rom. 11 Full of olive tree stuff). To label God with an earthly name is just not . . . Godly. I mean we're talking about I AM.

And Jesus died for all mankind. Good ol' John 3:16 For God (Jewish and Gentile) so loved the world, that he gave His only begotten Son (Jesus) that whosoever (all, any, every, the whole)believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

2006/9/7 0:20Profile
wyattearp

Re:

God is Jewish?

"God [is] a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship [him] in spirit and in truth.
John4:24

Settles it for me.

Wyatt

2006/9/7 0:36Profile

Re:

So why did He show His hinder parts on the mountain to Moses?
Why did He write the tablets with His finger?
Why does He sit on a throne?
Why does He walk in the depths of the sea?
Why does He walk in the cool of the evening?
jj [jessejames?]

"God [is] a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship [him] in spirit and in truth.
John4:24

Settles it for me.

Wyatt

2006/9/7 10:25
lovegrace

Re: agreed

There is no scripture to say 'God is Jewish' But God is God, as one person said.

Quote:

IRONMAN wrote:
God is simply, well, God

Or to quote scripture. "I am who I am" [url=http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Exodus%203:14;&version=49;]Ex.3:14[/url]

2006/9/7 10:29Profile

Re:

I don't understand my fellow Christian mind today, Jesus said that the Kingdom of God would not come by observation, but the Kingdom of God dwells in man.

The Jewish authority in Jesus's time expected the words of the prophets to be literal, they expected a literal kingdom of God on Earth to sweep them off their feet and bring the totalitarian government of Rome to an end. They were seeing all these things like the Christian believer wants to see them today in the carnal natural understanding of scriptures.

The Christian today like the Jew than, literally believes that Christ will one day come down and split the mount of olives.

What happened on the Mount called Olives in Jesus time??

I wish that there were some people that would step out of the main stream of their denominational thinking and what the creeds say or what the Pastor teaches and just begin to think outside the box for a few moments and allow a hem of truth to begin to saturate their parched land. Just a few water droplets will get the ball rolling in another direction.

If the Jew was expecting these things to naturally come to pass and they were thoroughly disappointed, what makes us any different??

Is God going to except our interpretation of scripture using our carnal understanding, are we better than the Jew?? NO!

For we were considered as dead, without God and without hope, but now that we have been grafted in to the vine, we have been accepted in the beloved. So now there is neither Jew nor gentile, bond or free, as you are all one in Christ Jesus our LORD.

So why are we acting like the Jew of Jesus time? And why are we listening to them today in regards to all these prophecies that THEY say has not come to pass?

Did not Christ come unto His own (the Jew) and His own received Him not?

Did not Christ come at the end of the world?

Hebrews 9:26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: [b]but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.[/b]

But our carnal mind says, "Oh, this can't be true, my denomination doesn't believe that, because if sin has been put away, why is there still sin?"

Ahhh, still thinking with the carnal mind, and the carnal mind is at enmity with God.

So we dismiss this verse and throw it off in the future, and by doing that we are denying that the LORD ever came and died on a cross to make atonement for the whole wide world.

Oh, in our minds we don't deny Him, but in our creeds and in our beliefs we do.

2006/9/7 10:46

Re:

Didnt He say He was the God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob ?
Didnt Jeshuah , our Rabbi, say He would call us brothers when He introduces us to the Father in Heaven?
Didnt Paul say the wild olive gentiles should not boast because we have been grafted into the root Abraham?
Wasn't the first church Jewish?
Is there not a tabernacle in Heaven of which Moses copied to prefigure God's sacrifice for our Sin?
Did He not command us to pray for the peace of Jerusalem and to heed Gen 12:3?
Is not our Rabbi a Jewish priest forever?
jj

RE100percent
Just popping in
God is Jewish? Gonna have to go with my brothers who said He's on His own side. Abraham was joined to Him . . . just as gentiles have been joined to God through our brother Jesus, well the saved ones LOL (Rom. 11 Full of olive tree stuff). To label God with an earthly name is just not . . . Godly. I mean we're talking about I AM.

2006/9/7 10:46

Re:

Hi HealingW

The book says quite plainly that He will, with us after the Rapture, return to the Mt of Olives
And that it will split to make a way of safety to Petra for the Jews left in Jerusalem when under attack by the anti christ
Literaly.
Voolward's Prophecy handbook is quite clear on that as the Word shows and we have been blessed with the Holy Spirit to understand what the early disciples missed.
I think your disapointment with some 'Christians' stems from the fact that they are NOT born again.
As Christ says 'They must be'
JJ :-)

2006/9/7 10:57

Re:

Quote:
So why did He show His back parts on the mountain to Moses?

The question that I like to ask God is, why not your face?

What is it about your face that makes a man die if he should look upon you?

I don't know about you guys, but I get good vibes just thinking about it. Absolutely purity, not a word can describe His face, WOW.

2006/9/7 11:00

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy