SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : A new film called "JESUS CAMP"

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ccchhhrrriiisss

A new film called "JESUS CAMP"

Hello...

A professor recently sent me the following link about a movie that will be released in the United States on September 15th. It's entitled "Jesus Camp," and it is a documentary about evangelical camps for the "indoctrination" of children.

I imagine that the film will probably more or less expose the "dangers" of such camps and the ideology and practice that they promote in children.

Anyway, I looked up some of the information on Google, and it looks like it will certainly ruffle some feathers of certain believers. Here is the link to the movie trailer that the professor sent to me, as well as a review by the New York Times.

[url=http://www.apple.com/trailers/magnolia/jesuscamp/trailer/]Quicktime trailer for "Jesus Camp"[/url]
[url=http://movies2.nytimes.com/gst/movies/movie.html?v_id=342517]New York Times review of "Jesus Camp"[/url]
[url=http://www.jesuscampthemovie.com/]"Jesus Camp" Official Movie Site[/url]

As a young teen, I was saved at a Christian Youth Camp. However, it was a small independent camp -- without any sort of denominational or ideological emphasis. The Church that "rented" the camp would control the services during that week. Actually, I met the Lord late one night while walking [u]outside[/u] in a field (and not inside of an actual meeting). It might be interesting to see how some of the mega-churches or certain evangelical/pentecostal/charismatic denominations or fellowships differ in such camps.

:-)

2006/9/4 0:06Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: A new film called "JESUS CAMP"

Quote:
I imagine that the film will probably more or less expose the "dangers" of such camps and the ideology and practice that they promote in children.

This movie is featuring some "hyper" charismatic groups and their practices, to say whether its good or not is not my decision but obviously the spirit of the world doesn't mind displaying it before men so it must be something that will bring disbelief and questioning to the faith of Jesus Christ.

2006/9/4 0:49Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hello...

Quote:
sermonindex wrote:
Quote:

This movie is featuring some "hyper" charismatic groups and their practices, to say whether its good or not is not my decision but obviously the spirit of the world doesn't mind displaying it before men so it must be something that will bring disbelief and questioning to the faith of Jesus Christ.

I agree. I think that the world is looking for every reason to "discredit" believers and paint them as "extremists." So, of course, they go after the most vocal and perceived radical believers and showcase them as the "poster boys" of the faith.

I overheard someone at a restaurant say that they would never vote for a person that believes in God. They were so worried that an "extremist" would overturn their precious abortion and homosexual "rights" that they would prefer an athiest.

Sadly, this world is getting to the point that you are considered an "extremists" for loving or even believing in our Lord.

:-(

2006/9/4 2:52Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Greetings all.

Quote:
I overheard someone at a restaurant say that they would never vote for a person that believes in God. They were so worried that an "extremist" would overturn their precious abortion and homosexual "rights" that they would prefer an athiest.

I can relate to this as I've shared the Gospel with people and they interject politics and the President's profession of faith into the discussion. What I've sensed is a desire in people I've spoken with to provoke me to somehow defend his policies and then by way of association implicate the Christian faith as a whole with the actions of our Goverment. I hear slander and charges of murder without any appearant apprehension of speaking falsely.

Our iniquities are gone over our heads yet we charge others, even our leaders with guilt!!

[b][color=000000]Wherefore doth the wicked contemn God?[/color][/b]

2006/9/4 18:20Profile
andres

texas,brownsville

Re:

the man who discipled me told me "when christianity becomes popular then there is something wrong with it.. Christanity will never be popular"

2006/9/4 19:32Profile
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

Re: A new film called "JESUS CAMP"

Hello Chris,

The following link is an article of Christians witnessing to "professing christians" this past summer at a hugh "christian" youth camp in the state of Illonois. They report seeing new-age and occult practices being taught to the youth who attended this camp at: http://www.worldviewweekend.com/secure/cwnetwork/print.php?&ArticleID=874
Thankyou for your post Chris. God bless you :-)
richie

2006/9/8 20:39Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy