SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Get rid of the Tv!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

sscott wrote:
Finding an alternate route to take in Houston or Dallas does not mean driving a "hundered" more miles (or 1.5 more hours). It may take me 10 more minutes or so to get where I'm going. Not really a big deal.

No big deal unless he had a miracle waiting for you on that other road, but if you can read Gods mind well then take an alternative route, God and I are pretty close but I still don't know his ways or when he is coming back two things I will leave totally up to him.
I will focus on my most important job finding the lost sheep and bringing them in, and of course there on the lost freeway but I will close my eyes and just holler as I drive by, hope they hear me. :-)

2006/8/30 18:18Profile

Re:

“Whatever weakens your reason, impairs the tenderness of your conscience, obscures your sense of God, or takes off your relish of spiritual things; in short, whatever increases the strength and authority of your body over your mind, that thing is sin to you.”

– Susanna Wesley. Letters of Susanna Wesley. June 8, 1725

This quote came to mind when I was reading this thread on the television. Each person has to search their own heart in this matter. And, also leave it in God's hands as to what his brother/sister does. :-)

2006/8/30 18:20
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

Roniya wrote:
And, also leave it in God's hands as to what his brother/sister does. :-)

Amen!

By the way The Passion Of The Christ was a great movie in my opinion, I just don't think it would have had the same effect to hear it on the radio, by the way have you no TV folks ever seen The Passion Of The Christ ? if so what was the media you watched it on? O I forgot you probably just read the book. :-)

2006/8/30 18:30Profile

Re:

Quote:
No big deal unless he had a miracle waiting for you on that other road, but if you can read Gods mind well then take an alternative route,

Just because I take a route that is not as quick doesn't mean I'm not taking the route God wants me too. Does God want you to take the quickest route to work? Did He tell you to do that?

No matter what road I'm on I'm pretty sure most of the people are lost. If God really wanted me to be on a certain road He would make sure I knew He wanted me to. Otherwise, given the opportunity I will guard my heart.

Quote:
I will focus on my most important job finding the lost sheep and bringing them in,

You know..there's a lot of lost people in the strip clubs. Maybe we should eat out there instead of regular restaurants. We might be missing out on a miracle. Sorry to sound sarcastic but that is really what you are saying.

The reality is if we have to go to certain area's or down certain roads to find lost people then we need to open our eyes.

I'm not saying it's a sin to go down roads with billboards for strip clubs but given the opportunity to go another route I will.

It's the same thing when I read the news online. The other day I went to Cnn to read the news. The biggest add on the front page was a victoria secrets add. Did I just sit there and read the news with this almost naked lady looking right at me? No..I immediately closed it out and went to another site.

2006/8/30 19:01
myfirstLove

Re:

mrbillpro, your posts are sarcastic. no love shown. you really need to check your heart in the light of God and find the root of why you are sarcastic

it seems like your upset at those who want to guard their hearts. it is very scriptural to do that. those who fall easily are those who boast about standing firm, they are the ones who will easily fall.

guarding your heart will not keep you from evangelism. i don't know why you keep bringing up the lost. this has nothing to do with reaching out to the lost. its encouraging each other to draw closer to God, and thru that you will be more of an effective witness and have a pure motive and love for God and the lost. whats wrong with that? it is a pure desire to want to please the Father. we want to lift up clean hands and pure hearts befor Him. our hearts can't be pure when its filled with lustful images, sarcastic jokes, and bunch of stuff on t.v that gives no glory to God, but full of lies and man's opinions.

Jesus tells us to pray and WATCH.

the enemy surely wouldn't want us to be watchful, guarding or hearts and mind. he knows the flesh is very weak and will easily be tempted if we are not in constant prayer and watchfulness.

and so what if i miss the movie passion of the christ or some christian movie or program. i don't need christian movies to help me with my relationship with God. and so what if i don't watch the news all the time. i'm not missing out on anything. i can still know whats going on in the world with out exagerrated news telling me whats up or down. what did the christians back then that had no t.v. do? i bet they did more.

2006/8/30 21:48Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

myfirstLove wrote:
mrbillpro, your posts are sarcastic. no love shown. you really need to check your heart in the light of God and find the root of why you are sarcastic

Thanks for passing Judgement on me guess that make you a better person but I will work on my sarcasm, I try my best to work on all my faults everyday, but I still have a few to go so I guess I am still work in progress, and if you ever meet me you would find it hard pressed to find another person that "loves" as much as I do, this is why in cyberspace it's so easy to Judge, once again I am sorry please forgive me if you can.

2006/8/30 23:08Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

I'm wondering why I haven't ever ran across a thread on an online messageboard about the wickedness of the internet and we should turn off our computers.... Maybe the same reason I have never seen a TV preacher say that TV is of the devil?

If you can't control your TV, throw it out. If you can't control your computer, kick it out.

2006/8/30 23:15Profile
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Good post Preach! kind of a double standard or hypocritical for folks to condemn the TV and sit and post there hypocritical opinions on the very worst of the worst the Internet, guess they might need some guarding of their hearts also. :-(

2006/8/30 23:35Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

I've found out that it's not the TV or the PC that's the problem its ME.

2006/8/30 23:47Profile

Re:

Quote:
Good post Preach! kind of a double standard or hypocritical for folks to condemn the TV and sit and post there hypocritical opinions on the very worst of the worst the Internet, guess they might need some guarding of their hearts also.

While both the tv and the internet carry bad content it's really not the same as you make it out to be. I can turn on my computer and just go directly to sites that are good. ie. sermonindex, blb.org, my email..ect.

usually when you turn on the tv there is just about nothing good and even if there is you have to sit though the godless commericals that are just as bad as some of the most vulgar movies.

2006/8/31 0:12

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy