SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Get rid of the Tv!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread

Get rid of the Tv!

I firmly believe the tv. is incompatible with the Glory of God. We say we need it to watch Christian shows, but most of the time it is being used as a bilge pump to pump all kinds of filth and rubbish into our homes. Get rid of it! O you are overboard they say, what about being underboard and denying the promises of God? You can tell it's the devil's mouthpiece when the outcry goes up every time you suggest getting rid of it. O this, O that. Where's the Tv guide (not Where's the Bible). Think of it. At least make it a rule to use it only for karaoke or something. That's the compromise we made. It's a big screen Tv. We've had enough. The Lord made his sanctuary in our home. Revival hit already. Now this, the first challenge. Disable the darn thing. Shut it up. That's right, the Emmy Awards with all their filth and profanity. A one-way ticket to hell. Read Mary Baxter's book 'Testimonies from Hell' or something like that. It will scare you. Most people's destination? A one-way ticket to a burning pit. Every time you try to get out, a demon will push you back in. The television is the main single reason in our household why we don't worship God. God came to me one Saturday morning and said 'I'm angry because my people don't worship me'. That's it. I decided to focus on it. Holiness is the only answer. There;'s a Nazarene University in USA that focusses only on Holiness. They have an on-line library of thousands of Holiness Classics. wesley.nnu.edu/wesleyctr something like that. You can take your pick. Sometimes just sit under the Lord's anointing with all your sin. You don't have to be sanctified to know the Lord.

2006/8/29 18:42
allhavsinned

North West England

Re: Get rid of the Tv!

I got rid of my TV a few years ago. It's true what u say, but here in England there is another reason to give it up...
The BBC is an Anti-Christian, pro Homosexual, Anti-Israil... the list goes on, and WE are funding it. By paying our TV liscence fee and buying the video's and merchendise the BBC produces, we give them the money to blaspheme our God and spread their propaganda filled biased news and hateful sinful programmes.
I know this sounds extreme but we are accountable to God where we put our money as well as what we watch. Those who don't fund the BBC are in a fortunate position, here in the UK we have to fund the BBC to receive any broadcasts. My advice, get rid and spend more time with God, you will notice the difference in a week

Ste

2006/8/30 0:08Profile

Yes, TV can be a major stumbling block for even the maturest of saints.God bless, John

2006/8/30 1:37
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

I have been without a TV for over 1 year and I do not miss it at all. I have a good book library and at times have good fellowship with brothers and sisters. This is much better then the enterainment of the T.V.

Paul Washer said that the epitah of this generation will have on it: "ENTERTAINED TO DEATH!"

2006/8/30 1:52Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

i have this problem in my house... i really do want to get it out, but in doing so my family rebells...and it gets not very christlike in my house, i pray about it and i have forbidden many programs to be watched, and the time in front of it is less then before.... but still i pray it will go out one day, i belive d.wilkerson said something like

its not that you watch it...what is it that makes you not turn it of? what kind of hold does it have on you that you cant turn it of?

and there is a big point there

christian

2006/8/30 1:58Profile
mikeness

Re:

I stopped watching tv a couple years ago. But because video entertainment is so addictive I got addicted to Halo 2, and then the religious groups on myspace. Fortunatly I have abstained from them all and because it has been a while I dont miss them.

2006/8/30 2:31Profile
Compton

Re:

Quote:
Paul Washer said that the epitah of this generation will have on it: "ENTERTAINED TO DEATH!"

It is worth noting what the word "amusement" used to mean before the 20th century befriended it...

Sense of "divert from serious business, tickle the fancy of" is recorded from 1631, but through 1800. the primary meaning was "deceive, cheat" by first occupying the attention.

(From the online etymology dictionary)

MC

2006/8/30 3:29Profile

Re:

I to have gotten rid of the TV in my room. I'm 16 so I have no say for the rest of my house and Im tempted to watch TV when I see the rest of my family watching it in the living room. Sometimes I do go and sit down and watch TV, yet Im dieing and I think I have time for TV. My life is fading away before my eyes and I can sit down and watch TV. I'm struggling and fighting to get to the point of being so in love with God, that I cannot waste time.

Paul M.

2006/8/30 4:58
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
It is worth noting what the word "amusement" used to mean before the 20th century befriended it...

Sense of "divert from serious business, tickle the fancy of" is recorded from 1631, but through 1800. the primary meaning was "deceive, cheat" by first occupying the attention.

(From the online etymology dictionary)

MC

This is a worthy quote! I believe I'll be using it.

Thanks for sharing it.

Robert

2006/8/30 8:41Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Amen to that !! I have not watched tv in years and do not miss it!!1

2006/8/30 9:42Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy