SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Deliverance from the fear of death!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
dawngrl

Deliverance from the fear of death!

I use to have a horrible fear of dying. Of course, everyone is somewhat afraid of dying. We are human beings. But, the fear I am talking about is the type that controlled my life and kept me from doing things for God.
The deliverance came at the death of my father. My father dying was the first death I had ever faced with someone that was close to me. My father wasn't a Christian, although he claimed to be. He had so much hatred and unforgiveness in his heart. He was constantly talking about the people that had done him wrong (some of it was something someone done 40 years ago). A child of God wouldn't have these things continually dwelling in their hearts.
I remember praying for God to save my father. I have a silver heart box my son gave me for Christmas one year. I put all my prayer request and photos of people I want God to save in it. I know the little heart is just that, a silver box. But, I put these things there in faith, knowing the one that sees in secret, rewards in the open. I found a picture of my father and put it in the silver box. Believing God to do this and trusting in Him in a simple child-like way.
April of 2005 my father got up out of the bed to go to the bathroom and fell on the floor. We called the rescue squad, which transported him to the nearest hospital. We were told that our father didn't have but a few hours to live. My father couldn't talk or understand anything anyone was saying to him. I began to get confused about everything. I remember thinking; God, how can he repent if he doesn't know what he is doing or saying? My heart ached. At the same time I carried this fear. This fear of just dropping dead one day. The enemy of my soul telling me that one day I would just drop dead and I wouldn't have time to make things right and I would be lost forever without God. I was a Christian and living the best I knew how. But I let the enemy tell me it wasn't enough.
The night my father died I had gone home for just a few minutes to change clothes. I had only lived about three miles from my parents. I thought I could run home real quick and get changed. My family called me and told me my father had passed. I rushed back over to my parents house. I was afraid to go into the house. I wasn't sure what I would feel when I stepped into the house. Would I feel every demon in hell laughing in my ears because he didn't make it. Did God give him a good mind long enough to repent before he left this world? And if God did (which I knew he very well could) would my father repent? These things raced through my mind as I drove the three miles back to my parents house. My eyes filled with tears over my father, I told God that I loved him and needed him to be with me as I approached the house. As I got to the door and reached to open it I hesitated for a moment. My hand still on the door knob I whispered, "I need you now Lord". When I opened the door a peace I had never experienced filled me. I walked into the house and felt the mighty presence of God all through the house. I wanted to sit there forever. There in the hospital bed lay my father. His eyes were still opened as if he were going to speak or something. But, it was peaceful. Not scarey and ugly like I had thought it would be. I knew my father had made peace with God. I asked God why he never came in such power and peace at other times when I cried out to him. When I was so full of fear. He said, "You didn't really need me then, my child. When you need me the most I will be there". I no longer have that fear in my life because I know that when that time comes he will give me "peace like a river" when the enemy of my soul tries to put fear on me and tell me I am fixing to die. I tell him, "I don't think so,you are lying to me. This is not the work of my Lord or I would be at peace not in fear." Thank God for his wonderful works! :-)

2006/8/28 17:42Profile
mega

Australia, NSW

Re: Deliverance from the fear of death!

awesome testimony and so true, that its when we step out in fear that God is closer to us more than ever because we have to totally depend on him. you did that by first stepping out in faith by going in the house not knowing what the outcome was going to be...then God gave you the peace because you overcame your fear....awesome stuff.

2006/8/28 21:52Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Deliverance from the fear of death!

Hi dawngrl,

This has been siting in my thoughts since I first read it a couple of days ago. Thank you for sharing it and a warm welcome to SermonIndex.

Not quite similar, but had gone through the death of my cousin a little while back, similar as to where the state of his soul was at the time, had just spoken to him about the Lord a month before...

That peace ... Your describing this is a powerful statement, truly wonderful sister.

2006/8/31 1:20Profile
dawngrl

Re:

Thank you for your compliment. But isn't God truly awesome and great! :-D

2006/9/1 12:49Profile
dawngrl

Re:

Thanks, and isn't just so crazy how we as Christians sometimes get into messes on our own. By not trusting God like we should. :-D

2006/9/1 12:51Profile
Nellie

Re:

Wonderful Testimony.
Thanks for sharing.
God Bless
Nellie

2006/9/1 16:40Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy