Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Weeding Out the Hypocrites

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
mamaluk

Re:

Sorry Paul,

It's not funny, I know. In fact, I quite agree with your admonishing and grieving heart over the churchians of our days.

As I too have often remind the true believers around me to be very discerning of the Pharisses, that they will not partake or stumble into their deceit or falsehood, be it in lifestyles or deceitful tongues.

Pardon my levity. Sorry.

2006/8/26 15:17Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

No offense taken, dear sister!

I enjoyed reading your post, and I know you have a true heart for the Lord. You're absolutely right about the Sword of the Spirit! Preach on!

your loving brother

Paul

2006/8/26 15:23Profile
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re: risking fellowship/righteous lies?

Hi everyone. I've heard this story too, with some differences in details. I [i]think[/i] Ray Comfort might even tell it in True and False Conversion? One of the differences was motive. It was said the reason they did this was that they did not want to risk fellowship with false brethren - they might be informers or some other such.

As to the question about lying and situational ethics, I recently heard a lecture by R.C. Sproul on this subject and the question of whether it was ever right to lie, from what the Bible says. He made refrence to the midwives in Egypt and also to Rahab as examples for consideration.

Chris

2006/8/26 16:36Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Well said Paul, and Chris brought the recollection of Rahab to the fore.

Had heard a similar but more drawn out situation I believe in India not too long ago. If I am recalling it correctly it had much to with informants within the gathering that they wanted to be sure they were rid of before allowing themselves to be more candid. And certainly do agree with the pragmatism of situational ethics, but more so in that lending to the "If this were to happen I would do thus and so", something we were commenting on elsewhere. The whole problem with this type of futuristic hopscotch is that the real reality, if it comes, is usually far afield of whatever hypothesis that was crafted for the event.

The longer I live the more this is coming home, to think we have things all figured out keeps getting wrecked by real realities. The Lord keeps changing up the circumstances until you finally realize what the real meaning of trusting Him is.

Edit: Just realized that Chris and I may be talking about the same story here...

2006/8/26 17:16Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy