SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Streets, the final frontier!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
jewalz

Elmira, NY

The Streets, the final frontier!

Brother, as we know, we get used to those who come to lecture us on how we ought to preach to the heathen, how we ought to submit and all of that other pontificating nonsense!
It is the love of God to tell sinners the truth, the gospel of Jesus Christ of Nazareth and warn them of the coming wrath of God.
The other crowd would have you handing out 'Jesus loves you' candy whilst you were dressed up in a Barney suit singing 'I love you, you love me, were a happy family!'
Woe to the dark days we live in when our faith has been reduced to a warm, sweet cup of juice served in a furry cup! AAAARRRRRRRGGGGGG!
How long O Lord before you show yourself once again in Holy Fire, shake this land, shake this nation and SHAKE your church!
Preach on man of God, God will use our mouths and our failures, quirks and weaknesses to preach aswell, we wont wait till were perfect to preach, it burns within and we must open our mouths and let the fire OUT! HALLELUIA!!

Julian

2006/8/25 20:39Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: The Streets, the final frontier!

Quote:
Woe to the dark days we live in when our faith has been reduced to a warm, sweet cup of juice served in a furry cup! AAAARRRRRRRGGGGGG!

I appreciate some of your zealousness to see revival and true Christianity shining forth in our pulpits and on the streets. But it is easy to shoot off a rant about it and speak harshly of all of Christianity that is modern day, or rather to speak with percesion to raise and cataylst saints to further devotion and wholeness of service to the saviour of their souls. There is much harm in preaching bluntly and harshly without the love of God shed abroad in our hearts.

Many a preacher and street preacher has done harm to the reputation and name of Jesus Christ in our modern day all under the guise of revival and preaching against a lukewarm church.

2006/8/25 21:37Profile
myfirstLove

Proverbs 19:2 (New International Version)

2 It is not good to have zeal without knowledge,
nor to be hasty and miss the way.

Proverbs 19:2 (King James Version)
King James Version (KJV)

2Also, that the soul be without knowledge, it is not good; and he that hasteth with his feet sinneth.

"The other crowd would have you handing out 'Jesus loves you' candy whilst you were dressed up in a Barney suit singing 'I love you, you love me, were a happy family!'"

i don't believe anyone on this site is encouraging street preachers to preach a soft lukewarm message.

"we wont wait till were perfect to preach"

no one is saying you have to be perfect when you preach, but it is scriptural that you must be dead in order to be ALIVE in Christ! without that you have no power from above. its very important that you are living the LIFE that you preach to others you must live or else you are a hypocrite, a religouse pharisee. those are the ones that Jesus was very harsh too.

it is not love to go tell all to go out in preach, but have no concerned in where they are at with the Lord. zeal without knowledge, not knowing God intimately, leads to crippling others and ourselves, building up a wrong zealous emotion in ourselves instead of learning to wait on God.

so many of us do not see we can do NOTHING without the Lord. many of us cannot see the deep wickedness in our hearts when not abiding in Christ. if we would allow God to EXAMINE our own heart we would cry out woe to me! and see our need of Him DAILY!

brother, i would encourage you to check your heart in the light of God. i believe many, not all street preachers today say things in hastiness, bitterness that leads to a flesh filled heart. and many people can tell when preaching is birth out of flesh and not Spirit.

please know i am not agaist street preachers, repentance preaching. this site is full of solid fiery preaching. i am agaist prideful, loveless, zeal without knowledge preaching, but full of condemnation preaching without hope and true love for God and true brokeness for souls.

2006/8/25 22:01Profile
jewalz

Elmira, NY

Re: The streets, the final frontier....

My post was meant to be a reply to the young street preacher with the shock and awe videos.(My posting error.)

It is true that much harm has been done but whether in truth or in or pretense Christ is being preached, God will sort out the riff raff! It is a grief when brothers sit on the sidelines and pontificate over the efforts of the brave souls who dare stand for the Master in the streets. It is akward, difficult, frightening and a heavy cross to venture into satan's backyard! God bless those men and may an army arise who will take back the streets for the Lord, for when we do, we will turn this nation around.
God bless you too brother and this great site!

Julian

2006/8/25 22:20Profile
jewalz

Elmira, NY

Re:

Amen! but PREACH THE GOSPEL none the less or better still GO YE!

Julian

2006/8/25 22:35Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

I sense a strange fire.

2006/8/25 22:42Profile
jewalz

Elmira, NY

Re:

You must be the fire brigade?

2006/8/25 22:48Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quite right.

2006/8/26 0:44Profile

Quote:

jewalz wrote:
Brother, as we know, we get used to those who come to lecture us on how we ought to preach to the heathen, how we ought to submit and all of that other pontificating nonsense!
It is the love of God to tell sinners the truth, the gospel of Jesus Christ of Nazareth and warn them of the coming wrath of God.
The other crowd would have you handing out 'Jesus loves you' candy whilst you were dressed up in a Barney suit singing 'I love you, you love me, were a happy family!'
How long O Lord before you show yourself once again in Holy Fire, shake this land, shake this nation and SHAKE your church!
Preach on man of God, God will use our mouths and our failures, quirks and weaknesses to preach aswell, we wont wait till were perfect to preach, it burns within and we must open our mouths and let the fire OUT! HALLELUIA!!

Julian

You tellum.... John Brown

2006/8/26 7:05
Yeshuasboy

Northern Rockies, BC, Canada

May God Bless you Julian,
We know from what the Holy Bible teaches and the Spirit bearing witness that no man can do the will of God without the Spirit of God, hence "But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth"(Acts 1:8). I know of some who preach in the flesh and others in the Spirit, for spirits have a way of manifesting themselves in due season..."A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them. Not everyone that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shallenter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say unto me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me that work iniquity."(Matt 7:18-23)...Preachers who preach in the Name of Christ Jesus but work iniquity in their hearts are in great danger of God's wrath to come. So from this, we might also see that one can preach sound doctrine, but it is the Spirit behind the doctrine, God Himself, that bringeth forth life, that opens the eyes of the blind, and that grants repentance..."And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing."(1Cor 13:2)...and "But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort"(1Cor 14:3). So a wise man puts no confidence in his flesh because he knows he desperately needs God's help to do God's will..."For if a man think himself to be something when he is nothing, he deceiveth himself"(Gal 6:3) and also "Be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves"(Jam 1:22) so we see that we can even deceive ourselves into thinking we are doing God a great service- oh, what guile this is. But, by the grace of God, let us have this attitude as displayed in Paul as he wrote, "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which i now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me."(Gal 2:20)
And let us heed the words of James again when he said "My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation."(Jam 3:1) However, "Only fear the Lord, and serve him in truth with all you heart: for consider how great things he has done for you"(1 Sam 12:14) So let us walk in the fear of the Lord ourselves, putting our faith in Christ and not our own sermons...To me, a true preacher is more concerned that God is speaking through him and getting the glory due His Name than showcasing oneself in a crowd using theology and religious debating tactics to prove a point to an unbeliever. For God has also called us unto holiness and "Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves."(Php 2:3) and "Do all things without murmurings and disputings: That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke, in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world;"(Php 2:14-15) so..."Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven."(Matt 5:16) Preaching should never get in the way of letting Christ shine through us, for I have seen this happen many times...for it is and was and will be Christ Jesus opening the eyes of the spiritually blind so they may see their true condition..."And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth"(1Cor 14:25) :-) God knows what He's doing...do we? Let us continue to trust Him through these dark times loving Him with everything we got, and loving our neighbor as ourself. :-D
Shalom,
richie

2006/8/26 9:24Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy