SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Shock&Awe Videos

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread

Shock&Awe Videos

It's been heavy on my heart for some time now to film and edit good, solid, biblical open air preaching.

So I recently started the job.

Here are my first two videos.

Many more are coming soon!!

OPERATION SHOCK & AWE

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E1BtMvtUpQ
(This is actually part two, but is more fitting as part one. It comes with special WarCry battle theme introduction)

Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4Isjq6GBxM
(With rare and never before released footage)

2006/8/24 21:08

Re: Shock&Awe Videos

I listened Jesse, to several vids.

Question[s]:

1. Where is the message of reconcilation?

2. Where is the message of God's love?

3. Where is God's love in your tone?

Most of all I heard was a hard note of condemnation from your opinion, even though you may have quoted from the scriptures. Your opinion was all I heard which made the scriptures you quoted of none effect. I can argue with your opinion and they did. I can't argue with the scriptures that have power in themselves. That then raises the issue of anointing upon the scriptures you used.. I didn't sense any. Consequently, you "piped a tune and nobody sang; you sang a dirge and nobody mourned".

So I need to ask you, do you believe your calling to be because of the need for souls to be saved or is your calling of the Lord Jesus Christ, to be in union with Him?

Respectfully,

Orm

2006/8/25 9:32
witnesswear

Scotland

Re: Shock&Awe Videos

I have to agree with the other guy, you didnt preach the word of God, all you did was argue theology with people.

Yes, when the gospel is preached the people will come, but they will come in an attitude of repentance not an argument of arguing as most of your video showed.

Everytime yuo talked you were shot down as if you had no authority.

I really think you should reconsider if you are actually called of God or if your just sacrificing your time in doing something you think your led to but arent

yours

dave g

2006/8/25 10:10Profile

Re:

The video clips I had available were very limited.

The ones I used were not the best as far as content goes.

And were not the best either as far as crowd interaction goes.

This past semester we preached on the campuses 5 days a week, for 6-7 hours a day.

During that time the crowd would be arguementative, or quite and respectful.

Sometimes they would heckle, sometimes ask questions.

Sometimes they would ask a theological question or make a theological comment that needed to be comment on, because they were hiding their sin behind it.

Sometimes they would ask an apologetical question or make an apologetical comment, regarding evolution or something of that sort. So we needed to give an apologetical answer.

Sometimes we focus on preaching against sin and preaching the Law, if the crowd was proud.

Other times we emphasised grace and mercy, if the crowd was humble.

Every audience and every campus and every open air is different.

But the clips I had from last semester were not the best clips, as you can see.

But now that I have a video camera I'll be able to get clips with much better content.

So more videos are coming soon.

2006/8/25 11:58
roadsign

Re: the need for submission and authority

So more videos are coming soon.

This would be helpful, Jesse, as really, it’s hard to see the wider picture in just a few moments of video.
I wonder why you are posting them for us. Are seeking input to help you grow in your walk?

This comment grabbed me:
Quote:
as if you had no authority

You, know even before seeing these words, I had been thinking along the same lines. I sense a need for authority in your message and in your life in general. Passers-by no doubt can see that. And that’s why you don't seem convincing. Without authority they will tend to view you as one of the many who are spouting opinions.

Recently God has been teaching me something about authority: We cannot have genuine authority unless we are first able to SUBMIT to authority. Consider an accomplished musician. He cannot become an authority (expert) without first submitting to those who have more authority than him – that means those who have themselves gone further down the road, who know and understand more.

I might add that there are countless musicians out there who think that they are great, and can even draw a crowd for a time. But really they are quite mediocre. They are relying on their own self-evaluation and their popularity rather than submitting to those who know more then them.

All that rambling to point out that I have been following your journey over the last while and noticed that SI members with genuine authority have been giving you guidance. So I eagerly watched these videos hoping to see the results of your submission. I have to say, that my heart was grieved, as I didn’t feel convinced that you have fully submitted.

I still believe that there is a purpose for you being here and for sharing what you are doing. I trust that you will come to value the need to submit to authority - both human and divine. It is the humble path to gaining authority in your life and your message.

Consider these words from a man who had genuine authority:
“My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power, so that your faith may not rest on men’s wisdom, but on God’s power.’ 1 Cor. 2:4

Diane

2006/8/25 12:47Profile

Re:

[b]The glory that excels

The Lord . . . hath sent me that thou mightest receive thy sight. Acts 9:17.

When Paul received his sight he received spiritually an insight into the Person of Jesus Christ, and the whole of his subsequent life and preaching was nothing but Jesus Christ—“I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and Him crucified.” No attraction was ever allowed to hold the mind and soul of Paul save the face of Jesus Christ.

We have to learn to maintain an unimpaired state of character up to the last notch revealed in the vision of Jesus Christ.

The abiding characteristic of a spiritual man is the interpretation of the Lord Jesus Christ to himself, and the interpretation to others of the purposes of God. The one concentrated passion of the life is Jesus Christ. Whenever you meet this note in a man, you feel he is a man after God’s own heart.

Never allow anything to deflect you from insight into Jesus Christ. It is the test of whether you are spiritual or not. To be unspiritual means that other things have a growing fascination for you.[/b]

Chambers, O. (1993, c1935). My utmost for his highest : Selections for the year (April 2). Grand Rapids, MI: Discovery House Publishers.

2006/8/25 13:17

Re:

Quote:
I wonder why you are posting them for us.

The purpose of me making these videos is to "convict the sinners and comfort the Saints" which ought to be the goal of all preaching.

I want these videos to encourage the body of Christ. But not only encourage them to open air preach, but also equip them for the tast.

It seems the videos are doing their job!

I normally do not share personal emails, but these are a few that have really encouraged me:

Here is a young brother in the Lord, who wants to start open air preaching!

Quote:
What I see you doing, as far as your preaching goes, is very similar to what I read in scripture. My heart longs to be involved with REAL Christianity. I can remember around a year ago, I came accross your website and read of the stories, especially the one when you went to Orlando and witnessed the gross immorality and preached there with others. When I read that story, my eyes flooded with tears because of it
and I so wished that I could go with you and preach.

Since last year, when I first saw your preaching
and desired to be involved somehow in what your doing, that desire still has been in me, sometimes more, sometimes less. I cannot help but express my mind to you. I see these videos of the preaching that is going on and see God moving among you and its as though the center of my soul is drawn to be preaching with you all, though I've never preached in my life, am just
16, all I have done is pass out tracts (perhaps from the time I was 14 to now, only 5,000), yet I so want to be involved by whatever means nessesery.

Here is one from a brother who was inspired by the ministry and the videos:

Quote:
You are an inspiration to me! Going into the lion's den only shows to me that, Jesus did indeed rise from the dead. I viewed one of the videos and picked up on the fact that even church kids were arguing with you. Today, In America, being a Christian means nothing, and I mean nothing. At 21 it is incredible the call the Lord has placed on your life.

Seeing you reminds me of this verse: A MAN WHO IS DILIGENT IN HIS WORK, WILL STAND BEFORE KINGS. Since you represent the KING OF KINGS, the Lord will give you audience in places you can't even imagine. The Gospel today has little relevance. I'm convinced that few people in the church are saved.

Little do the people that hear you speak realize, that just like when Jesus was being nailed to the cross, He was dying to save the ones pounding in the nails, when you preach, you are doing it for the ones that taunt and try to humiliate you. Please keep carrying your cross. We need a million more like you! I'm convinced that the place missionaries are needed most in the world, IS IN THE AMERICAN CHURCH!

COLLEGE CAMPUS CROWDS REMIND ME OF what Paul said in the book of Romans, "PROFESING THEMSELVES TO BE WISE, THEY HAVE BECOME FOOLS! " Never back down dear brother! Be clothed in the Lord and in the power of His might! THE HOUR IS LATE AND THE LABORERS ARE FEW

Here's one from another young brother who was encouraged and wants to start preaching!

Quote:
Hey Brother Jesse,

I just watched those two videos, they encouraged my soul very much, may the Lord use them for His Glory! Man i sure would love to come with you guys on a circut. If theres ever an opening let me know please.

I'm always excited when I get emails from people who want to start preaching, because the Lord said that the laborers are so few!!

We should be grieved and burdened over sinners going to hell so much, that we would lay down our reputations and our comforts to give them warning. Yet how few of us actually do that!

So I'm very glad people are being encouraged on these videos to take the gospel to where it belongs!

But I not only want these videos to encourage Christians, I am also hoping that unsaved people who surf YouTube might come across these videos, come under conviction of their sin, and put their faith in Jesus Christ.

I know that the Word of God will never return void. It will get the job done.

2006/8/25 15:52
NLONG

Middlebury, Indiana

Re:

Say haven't had time to watch the videos, but I sure am glad that someone is getting off their rear and getting out there sharing the gospel ... which does have just as much judgment as grace. Presenting one without the other is not the gospel. We don't know of our need for repentence, and the grace of a Savior, until we've been stripped naked by the Law (the awareness of sin).

I sure hope that all those who are commenting have done some preaching. Otherwise, get the plank out.

This raises a good question--True or false--there is there a universal call to preach the gospel given by Jesus before his ascension. This to every creature and into the whole world.

2006/8/25 15:55Profile
myfirstLove

Re:

jesse, i agree with diane's post. please consider her words and allow God to refine you.

should all christians be out preaching the gospel? thats a pretty scary thought. not all are ready. paul was counted worthy to preach.

paul encourage all to live holy lives, but God's word were committed to faithful men in the house and outside (women can preach outside).

King James Version (KJV)

11According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.

12And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;

1 Thessalonians 2:4

4 But as we have been APPROVED by God to be ENTRUSTED WITH THE GOSPEL, even so we speak, not as pleasing men, but God who tests our hearts.

Romans 2
God’s Righteous Judgment
1 Therefore you are inexcusable, O man, whoever you are who judge, for in whatever you judge another you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things. 2 But we know that the judgment of God is according to truth against those who practice such things. 3 And do you think this, O man, you who judge those practicing such things, and doing the same, that you will escape the judgment of God? 4 Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance? 5 But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God,

those who preach hypocritical are storing wrath upon themselves so i wouldn't encourage all christians to preach, but my desire would make sure that they are first in a right standing with God.

read about bishop and deacon too.

not all can handle the word or called too. thank God for that! many preachers need to be driven to the wilderness first, so they may come out filled with God, humbled and totally broken. then will they be fit to preach and give Him glory.

2006/8/25 18:01Profile

Re: brethren that hated you

Hello Jesse,

I would just like to say: God bless you for the obedience in your heart and for preaching the whole counsel of God. I thank God for the fruit in your life and the love God has given you.

"Hear the word of the LORD, ye that tremble at his word; Your brethren that hated you, that cast you out for my name's sake, said, Let the LORD be glorified: but he shall appear to your joy, and they shall be ashamed." Isaiah 66:5

"Who both killed the Lord Jesus, and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they please not God, and are contrary to all men: Forbidding us to speak to the Gentiles that they might be saved, to fill up their sins always: for the wrath is come upon them to the uttermost." [1 Th 2:15-16]

-Abraham

2006/8/25 19:57

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy