SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Report: On His Way to Salvation!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Report: On His Way to Salvation!

This summer I have been mowing lawns at the university here in Fredericton and have had ample opportunities to share the Gospel to my workmates here. For the most part it has been very difficult, this summer in particular the guys have been especially hostile in their response. However, there is one that has continually desired to talk with me about the things of God and I have been praying fervently for his salvation. I remember one particular night I had a great burden for him and prayed through until receiving peace about it.

Not a few weeks after that this workmate came to me yesterday morning and said he had something to tell me. The night before he was looking at dirty materials he had at his house and the conviction of God came upon him. He gathered up all the stuff he had of it (quite a lot and newly acquired and expensive stuff as he said) and threw it all out. Then he got down on his knees and pleaded for forgiveness. His own words were: "I felt so ashamed and not worthy of forgiveness." He then told me that he felt something tingle all over his body and it remained with him the rest of the evening and that night he had the best sleep he ever had for a long long time, not waking up in the middle of night and feeling refreshed in the morning!

I can testify an immediate change in him that morning... normally he is very sluggish and drags his feet to work; lazy and doesn't like to do a lot, but that morning he sped off to work and we covered more ground then ever, he was leading the charge! Of a truth, when you have an experience with God you are changed! I don't believe he is born again yet, but I have been exhorting him a lot about it and the need to press in to receive grace through the blood of Jesus Christ. He has said "I am that lost sheep. It's just a matter of time."

Praise God! He is on the road to salvation, and God is doing it, answering the prayers offered up on his behalf! Just wanted to write this to encourage the saints to continue to pray for those unbelieving friends and family. Pray to God for the burden and pray it through... God is willing that none should perish but that all should be brought to repentance.

Praise God!

2006/8/23 9:03Profile

Re: Report: On His Way to Salvation!

Hi Eli,

Thanks for the exhortation. This is also wonderful news about the changes God is making in this man. Amen!

Quote:
Just wanted to write this to encourage the saints to continue to pray for those unbelieving friends and family. [b]Pray to God [u]for the burden[/u] and pray it through... God is willing that none should perish[/b] but that all should be brought to repentance.

Yes.

2006/8/23 10:09

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy